YouTube Attacker's Mom Arrested

She is charged with battery and domestic violence for beating her daughter.

christina garcia mugshot youtube cheerleader attacker mom arrested

Like mother, like daughter?

The mother of a Florida teen arrested in a fight that later showed up on YouTube found herself behind bars after two violent altercations with her daughter over the weekend.

Deputies arrested Christina Garcia, 35, on Saturday night. Garcia is the mother of Mercades Nichols, one of several teens arrested in April 2008 after the group videotaped themselves beating another teen girl. That video was posted on YouTube.

Investigators told the station that Garcia and Nichols had one fight around 4 p.m. and another at 5 p.m. Garcia allegedly grabbed Nichols by the hair, kicked her and spit at her. Garcia was arrested and charged with two counts of battery and domestic violence.

She was released on bond.

"At this point I can't comment on the incident, but at the end of the day she's still my daughter," Garcia told MyFOXTampaBay. "I love her and I just think it's best that we go our separate ways right now. And that's all."

After the ambush video appeared on YouTube, Momlogic investigated what happens when teens get violent for fame:

Do you think this mother's violent ways led to her daughter ambushing a fellow cheerleader on video? Do mean moms = mean girls? Comment below.

next: When the Flu Turns Deadly
anoynmous February 23, 2009, 8:11 AM

“It is a fact that 95% of our prison population were raised by single moms and it’s destroying our country and draining our welfare system!” Where are the fathers? In prison? with other women? where??? Since discipline is NOT ALLOWED ANYWHERE kids figure out that they can do anything. I heard a 4 year old boy tell his mother “I’m gonna get a gun and shoot you in the face”. Hmmm wonder how He’s going to turn out?? Society needs to turn off the violent video games, and get the right to spank a kid now and then. THAT’S how you learn right from wrong. Sitting them down and saying Oh Jilly you did a bad bad thing now don’t you feel sorry?? Hmm? Do you want another video game or rap music CD?? Hmmm?? Where they show people getting shot and stabbed?? Hmmm? You know I love you and just want you to be happy. HOGWASH. Filthy mouth? A little soap will clean it up. Mean at school? A little whap will stop that. Oh the parent is going to be in trouble?? WTF?? So kids win again and get worse. We won’t have enough jails for the results of a permissive, video, society.

Grandma 2 February 23, 2009, 8:12 AM

It looks to me like mostpeople think you should just let your children do what ever. The bible says spare the rod and spoil the child. you have to give children dicipline. But kids watch movies and tv and see violence.they see other kids bully others.(violence) And get away with it.If kids learn what they live while they are with their parents was true.Then most kids would be good kids.As a parent I have see how children Change after going to School and mixing with other Children with no dicipline.So it is not always what you live at home but what you live away from home. Kids deal with alot away from home.And this is where they learn to deal with other people as well. So don’t think that it is the parents fault just because she lost it one time. you don’t know the whole story.Don’t judge without all the info. Better jet don’t judge at all.

lisa February 23, 2009, 8:13 AM

dont be so quick to blame mom i have never been violent with my daughter and she has punched me when she was 12 years old DONT JUDGE OTHERS BEFORE KNOWING THE FACTS kids will do anything to get there way as parents are NOT allowed to be parents today because to many people are in someones else lives and forget they have there own to gossip about!

RQ February 23, 2009, 8:14 AM

The girl needed her behind whipped. That is what is wrong with kids today.
When we were wrong, we got our butts beat. SPARE THE ROD, SPOIL THE CHILD. Right out of the bible. Yeah, talking to them works, we don’t want to injure their delicate sensibilities. Here’s an eye opener for all the namby-pamby parents who “talk” to their kids. They could give a crap less. Once you open your mouth,they shut their ears. Everyone is NOT equal, everyone is NOT the same. Life isn’t fair. Too bad. How about take away the cell phones and computer and tell them to get outside and go play. Then you won’t have a fat-butt lazy teenager who only thinks of themselves. When we were kids and dissed (talked back to)another parent, we got a spanking from them and taken home where we got another one. You are NOT your child’s friend, you are supposed to be their PARENT. Television is not a baby-sitter. For all the bleeding heart parents who disagree… and don’t want to hurt your children’s precious “feelings” …you get what you pay for.
If you don’t discipline your child, then you deserve what you get.

lisa February 23, 2009, 8:15 AM

this is so well said how true that this is how most people parent today sad and discusting

I think “Mom” should have sat her down with a bowl of ice cream and explained to her that her behavior was not nice. Then the girl should be sent on a one month vacation to Southern France with the family credit cards. Thus allowing her the time needed to reflect on her bad behavior. Later when the girl is a full blown criminal and beating some other person we can give her a nice new car for breaking her nail when she gouged the victims eyeball out. Wake up this girl is long overdue for dose of her own medicine.

- Anonymous

Michael February 23, 2009, 8:19 AM

Don’t assume that the daughter learned violence only from her mother. The combination of poor parenting and peer pressure sends many teens into antisocial behavior; alcohol, violence,sex; and no self respect. When the kids are arrested, their parents choose to ‘lawyer up’ to get it over with, and then continue to ignore the results of their own disinterest.

linda gillespie February 23, 2009, 8:21 AM

This story is just another way of keeping this horrible video going. I have no intention of looking at this piece of garbage for another 5 weeks - it is bad enough it had it’s day in the sun - let’s not give it life again.

Hattie Collins February 23, 2009, 8:22 AM

I raised 4 children. My second oldest (a son) got very rebelious around the age of 15. He was a wannabe gang member and ran with the wrong people. As a single mother I was at a loss. I put him in a juvenile detention center every time he disobeyed me. Then while he was there I never missed a visit. I used that time to preach good to him. He is now 30 yrs old, married with 3 kids and has never been in trouble as an adult. I enrolled myself in tough love and parenting classes at the onset of his delinquency and those classed helped me more than anything. I think single parents who are at a loss should take a toough love class. IT WORKS. Now my son says “mom put me in jail evertime I did something wrong but she never missed a visit”. Your children are your future and their worth the time it takes to pick up the phone and register with some classes.

Tom February 23, 2009, 8:23 AM

Undoubtedly, this was precipitated by the move toward gay marriage and gay adoption. So many have said that gay Americans seeking their civil rights will lead to the destruction of the American family. So here it is: a destroyed American family. Please someone explain to me how this tragedy was precipitated by me?

Anonymous February 23, 2009, 8:25 AM

I have 5 daughters and i cherish them how could u? ur a mother what is in ur head? go to a doctor havent u ever been to parenting classes u walk away this is ur daughter a live soul come out of u woman, u got rocks in ur head or is this what u guys do for fun is this the kind of attention u need to be found on the internet u ppl sound sick and i wouldent want my children to know ur family they might turn up dead,

Brook Kobetic February 23, 2009, 8:29 AM

My daughter is 10, and I fear those teenage years.

Isabelita February 23, 2009, 8:29 AM

It’s really something u know, I had 8 children. One past away and I raised 7. The ones I spanked are the ones who are very respectful and live good honest lives and are raising their children right and the ones that the system corrupted with if your mom hits you come and see us(this was at school mind you)Well those had a hard time dealing with life and still are. They have come to see the light though. Now that they have children of their own they have asked me for forgiveness and often ask for advice. There is a difference in spanking a child and beating up a child. I gave a lot of love and hugs to my children and always kept my promises to them. Sometimes some kids are the product of where they live and how the school system deals with bad behavior.

Babs February 23, 2009, 8:31 AM

I’m a single mother of two teenagers, a boy almost 16 & a girl almost 15. While I do NOT condone “abusing” a child as punishment, I have on rare occasions spanked my kids on their butts with my hand ONLY when they were younger. I have always treated them with age appropriate respect & taught them to respect others. They have both turned out to be well adjusted individuals. I do believe that children learn by what they see, however MOST importantly they learn by seeing how their parent or parents treat others. And as the saying goes “until you’ve walked a mile in someone’s shoes…don’t judge them!” because being a parent nowadays is a lot tougher than it used to be as kids have access to much more information.

Lisa February 23, 2009, 8:33 AM

Let me tell you something, wild rebellious teens can drive parents crazy. I have a daughter that is 15 and 85% of the time she is pulling our strings. She has been raised the same way as our other kids and is the only one to rebell like this. At 1 point she kicked scratched and hit her father, and the cops were needed to be called all because we wouldn’t let her go to the mall. Now if most of you heard that you would say that she needs a good beating. You can’t win with raising teenagers. You are wrong no matter what you do!

liz February 23, 2009, 8:33 AM

Violence in teen girls has gone up dramatically over the past few years. Studies ahve been conducted and have found that it is in direct correlation to the new roles and ways they are being portrayed in film, on TV, etc. What once were a behaviors in these venues demonstrated primarily by males is now with being portrayed by females. Females are now FBI agents, action hereos, fight, kill, main, etc. As social roles continue to be blurred and crossed we will see more of this type of behavior. Females are no longer relegated to a caregiver role on film they are taking on the same violent rolls as their male counterparts. Don’t blame mom this is a new emerging role for the female.

chris February 23, 2009, 8:33 AM

I raised my son without his mother for almost 10 yrs before his stepmom and I got married, all this crp with the kids today leads back to parents trying to be friends with their kids. we live in fl and I see it all the time down here. Frinds are at school or outside, as parents we cant be both on all levels its one or the other. abuse does breed abuse. My son is 16 now and he knows who is the “boss”. parents knew how to be parents until some congressman and head shrienkers told us they knew better. my boy knows and has known from a early age if he puts his hands up to me he just because he thinks he knows more than me or just cause hes mad about a punishment we give him he better be ready to get taken down a few pegs. parents need to take back their homes. in fl opened handed slaps are not abuse, so down with all this touch feely crp. stop being afraid of your child. and if my son ever came at me with a weapon he better be prepared to kill me. i was raised with strong pentecostal church of god beliefs and its not a sin to punish your child with more than this time out stuff.

Ed Reints February 23, 2009, 8:34 AM

I am 70 years old and still work in a convenience store and haver never seen a ruder and more disrepectful bunch than the last TWO generations. When I was 4 or 5 years old I was “disciplined
by my mother a few times and I did not grow up to be violent and neither did my friends. When a 3 year old throws a tantrum he/she will understand a quick smack in the tail better than “PLEASE STOP” An old saying goes “If one does not want to hear, one WILL feel. This all started with that RAG by Dr. Spock
Of course there are limits. My son knew when it was time to back off.

Linda February 23, 2009, 8:35 AM

I am a mom of 4 teenage kids - 2 boys and 2 girls. There isn’t a day that goes by that I an not yelling at one of them for 1 thing or another, but I would never beat or especially spit at any one of them, that in my opinion is down right degrading to any human being. No matter how much they aggravate me there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t kiss them and tell them that I love them with all of my heart and soul. They are my life and would kill anyone who would ever try to harm them in any way.

Ebony February 23, 2009, 8:37 AM

I don’t think that the daughter had she learned this behavior from her mother, she just may be a violent person. Lets not forget that she was just arrested for beating another teen and posting it on you tube so you never know she may have attacked her mother!!!!

J Zatoth February 23, 2009, 8:37 AM

I cannot feel sorry for this kid. After all, she thought pounding on another human being to toss it up on youtube was a kick. Furthermore, although folks are quick to think the mother is a sign of the daughter, maybe the daughter is violent enough to warrant the mother’s behavior.