Baby Left in Car Overnight Found Dead

Fox News Dallas: Police in Cedar Hill have arrested the mother of a 7-month-old baby boy who allegedly died after being left in a car overnight.

suspect laheather wilson

According to reports, Laheather Wilson picked her three children up from day care Tuesday evening and then returned home to the 1200 block of Brewer Road.

Wednesday morning she noticed her young son was lifeless in the car. She ran to a neighbor's house for help, police said.

Police arrested Wilson and charged her for injury to a child. Child Protective Services took custody of her other two children, ages 3 and 6 years old.

Police are still investigating the incident.

Read more stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: School Puts Pizza Ads on Kid's Tests
anonymous March 26, 2009, 1:51 PM

This is strange—My heart always goes out to parents who’ve accidentally left their babies in the car during the day thinking they dropped them at day care. But how do you not notice you don’t have your baby in the house overnight?

Anonymous March 26, 2009, 2:22 PM

Give me a break. Thinking they dropped them off at day care and left them in a car.You must be kidding me!

zuckermom March 26, 2009, 2:31 PM

Come on people. This loser churns out children like others make sandwiches.

She was just another loser, on welfare, no father, welfare-sucking loser.

Just a loser.

Prbly on crack - not that’s there’s anything wrong with that - just get neutered first.

Jamie March 26, 2009, 3:51 PM

ok-zuckermom-You do not know she is on welfare, or that the father isnt there or that she is on crack-what she did WAS wrong of course-I wouldnt have ever forgotten my baby overnight but YOU cant judge her….because she is black-Thats the only reason I canthink of that from this short article you could get all that-GET OVER YOURSELF!

GreenTeaGuy March 26, 2009, 4:10 PM

jamie thats just stupid of you to judge zuckermom. What if she’s black…. I thinks i’m gonna go light off a firecracker ‘r two.

Jenmomof3boys March 26, 2009, 4:33 PM

I have always thought “wow, how can someone leave their child in the car” Until I did it on vacation with our youngest of 3 boys who at the time was 2 months. Thank God nothing happened. But it scares me to death. I cried all the way home. Nauseous and shaky…..With this said ALL NIGHT LONG with a 7 month. How can you not miss them.

anonymous March 26, 2009, 4:40 PM

Once I took my 4 month old with me to my older son’s music lesson at a local mall. My husband and I had gone back and forth about whether I should leave her (she was going to need breastfed soon) and I finally just took her along. It was one of those hectic days when we had been running all day long for things, and she went to sleep in the car seat at the back of the van. We got out of the van and went in to the lesson completely forgetting that she was along. Thank God it was fall weather and she never woke up but I was physically sick with what could have happened. I totally get how parents can accidentally leave a baby in the car thinking they dropped them at daycare. But overnight and not noticing that your 7 month old isn’t in the house with you? Something else has to be going on here…

shain March 26, 2009, 6:21 PM

I guess I am just one of those stay at home mom’s that life just revolves around their kids. I could never see leaving my kid or kids in the car at all. There is no reason for it. I know that some people need to stop being so proud and ask for help if you need it and don’t wait until something like this happends to your kids your kids are more important or at least mine are.

mb March 26, 2009, 8:33 PM

Totally happened to me. At the time I was a stay-at-home married mom of 4. We were on vacation. My youngest kids were always in the middle seats of the van. On the trip, they were put in the back seat, where I’d be able to lean over and nurse while the 6 mo old was in his car seat.
I had gone out earlier in the day with only my sister-in-law. Went back to her home and then took my girls and youngest little guy with us. Stopped at McD’s and in the same parking lot went into Wal Mart. Now, remember, my girls were with me and knew I’d brought the 6 mo old with us who were 12 & 10 at the time.
I headed into Wal Mart while they finished eating & told them to come in afterwards. They came in about 10 min. later. We wandered around for about 20 more minutes when I realized I didn’t have Ryan. I thought maybe I’d put him down (which I’d never done before) or given him to the one of the girls. Neither of them could figure out where he was. All of a sudden I realized where he was!!! Thankfully he’d been just sitting in his car seat!!
We were just a middle class family. No drugs, no drinking, no smoking, self-employed husband & multi-property owner.
I’m saying that so I’m not labeled a welfare, crack doing kind of parent.
My life did, and does, revolve around my kids. Monday’s I pray for my kids with a group of other moms, Sunday School teacher, and school volunteer.
My kids are very important to me, you could ask them any day of the week. How I forgot my son was in the back seat is still a mystery to me. We were on vacation, having a good time. There wasn’t any stress, I wasn’t in need of help, I wasn’t on drugs and couldn’t think of anyone but myself. I forgot, for 1/2 an hour I’d brought him along with us. That’s it, bottom line. My oldest is now 17 and ready to graduate with honors and has been accepted into 9 colleges. My youngest (the one in the car seat) is one of the coolest little dudes you will ever meet.
It happens, by accident, totally innocent because a schedule gets off or who knows what. We have to be careful not to judge or become cynical.

Marco March 26, 2009, 9:18 PM

Yes something about the story is suspicious. She picked the three kids up from day care and the article states next that she is at the car the next morning discovering the 7 month old.

I check the weather for that area of texas and it still is around 56 degrees at night so the car should have been cool with no sun to radiate heat inside the car.

Something else is going on here.

kimberly  March 26, 2009, 10:50 PM

It seems to be open season on children these days.

ItsMe March 26, 2009, 11:17 PM

Never once walked by the empty crib thinking “something’s missing”? Never once did the other children ask “where’s Johnny”? Never once thought “I know I usually feed and bathe 3 kids before bed”? Never once did her husband ask “where’s the baby”? Uh huh.

mercaties March 27, 2009, 1:47 AM

There is deffinately more to this story. All of us moms know that a seven month old usually makes a-lot of noise and requires a-lot of maintenence. How could you not notice the baby wasn’t there. Accidentally leaving the child in the car for a minute is one thing but you don’t “forget” your baby all night long. On a seperate note, a baby isn’t going to starve to death overnight and I’m assuming that the daycare had fed the baby. It hasn’t been freezing in Texas so freezing to death doesn’t seem to be too likely, or does heat stroke it hasn’t been that hot. I’am very curious to see what the cause of death is on this poor child. Hopefully, the other children will go to good homes or a loving relative.

ninaclaren March 27, 2009, 2:41 AM

whats happening with american moms these days, starting from Casey Anthony until this Laheather Wilson woman! Somebody needs parenting boot camp!

zuckermom March 27, 2009, 8:15 AM

> Once I took my 4 month old with me to my older son’s music lesson

It’s a pretty safe bet this “LeHeather Wilson” was not taking her older kid to a music lesson.

Pure crack-head. Nothing more. And I would guarantee you - there is no father of record.

st March 27, 2009, 8:44 AM

well I think that it is a very tragic thing that happened to this mother and its very wrong to judge her when you dont know her. Yes it was wrong for the baby to be left in the car but we dont know what the kid’s mom was going through. Sometimes we get into situations and things happen beyond our control. This is sad situation and my heart goes out to the mother and kids.

Angie March 27, 2009, 9:50 AM

I would dare say it’s illegal to leave a child in a car if a dog has such rights our children should ! I can’t imagion forgetting my daughter in the car for a second say nothing about over night! Come on what about dinner time, bath time, tucking them in,shouldn’t it have occured to her that she had to assist with these things was no where to be found what did she think her fairygod mother gave her the night off. If it was a case of forgettig the baby in the car while bringing in things from the car she would have noticed long before the next morning ! I also wonder if something else might have been done to this child how did it actually die lack of air, heat I would be interested to know more!

Jane Zucker March 29, 2009, 10:56 AM

> Never once did her husband ask “where’s the baby”? Uh huh.

Seriously. We all know there is no HUSBAND here. NONE.

I would give her 1 month supply of crack to get neutered. Save of us some $$$