Bachelor Jason Mesnick Defends Himself

As moms, we had a lot of questions for single dad Jason Mesnick ... and some of our thoughts were not so nice. So we went straight to the source.

America is calling him a jerk. Trista Sutter is calling him a liar. Now we're calling him out!

In a candid one-on-one interview, we grill Jason about what went on behind the scenes, then get further details on his future with Molly. Can Jason be trusted, or will his "Bachelor" experience haunt him for life?

Want more? Check out momlogic's RAW AND UNEDITED interview with Bachelor Jason Mesnick -- only in the momlogic community!

next: M.I.A. Names Her Son Ickett -- or Did She?
jersey_girl March 6, 2009, 10:03 PM

Graham from the bachelorette totally bags on him… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHUFH7r9qok (yes i am posting this all over because it’s hilarious)

dd March 6, 2009, 11:31 PM

as does Andrew Firestone - he rips him a new one.

LA March 7, 2009, 12:03 AM

Since Mr. Mesnick is attempting to assert himself as a single parent role model, I feel compelled to explain why I don’t think he’s qualified.

The issue the public objects to is his participation in the on-camera ambush of his fiancé to increase the viewership of his TV program. Mr. Mesnick, however, keeps trying to distract us from that fact by asserting it was all about the end of the engagement. Mr. Mesnick, in the event you truly do not understand why people are angry, let me explain it to you:

No one takes issue with the fact that you broke off an engagement to someone you knew for six weeks. No one takes issue with the fact that you now want to pursue a relationship with the 24 year old woman you sent home. No one even takes issue with the fact that you exposed your four year old son to this crap. What the public is angry about is your lack of judgment and moral fiber in participating in the on-camera ambush of a woman you previously wanted to be the step-mother of your son. To feign ignorance of what was happening is insulting to the intelligence of the viewers. Your emails prove you knew the producers wanted Melissa to be shocked by something. When the host said that Melissa could not hear you backstage and then asked you what you were going to do when she came out—building up the drama by letting the audience in on the impending axe you were about to drop—you said you were “going to” end it with her (not that it already was over) because you couldn’t stop thinking about the other girl (something she did not know and that you previously denied). The fact that you had mutually ended the relationship the prior week is irrelevant since the audience didn’t know this.

Further eroding your character is this mea culpa campaign of ever changing excuses. First, you were contractually obligated to do it on camera and had no choice (a claim soundly refuted the next day by the producers). Then you claimed you weren’t legally obligated, but were pressured by the producers (a claim refuted the following day by the host Chris Harrison on Good Morning America). Finally, you now state it was in fact your choice to participate and you take full responsibility. How refreshing. However, you initially claimed you had no contact with Molly, now you admit to contact with Molly….and so on.

The winners and losers here are clear. The winners are the producers/network who got their ratings, the host who got more network screen time this past week than in his whole career, and of course, Melissa, who left with her pride and enormous public approval.

The only loser in all of this is you since you destroyed all of the goodwill you built up this past year that could have been used to launch a spokesperson/TV career. In my opinion your image is permanently tarnished.

I know many wonderful single parents who would make great public role models. I do not believe that you are one of them.

la March 7, 2009, 1:05 AM

Jean March 7, 2009, 2:06 PM

Dear LA,

I couldn’t have expressed my feelings any better than you did…and let me add two things: 1.) this, I don’t want to live with regrets….I didn’t want to lead Melissa on…It was brave of me to do this….” is self-indulgent and quite pathetic to try to garner empathy from the audience. 2.) Molly, has repeatedly said now in interviews with Jason next to her…I am so proud that he was so brave to speak up…Really Molly? You call that brave, honorable? Maybe the two of them are a good match. Poor Ty

B March 7, 2009, 6:22 PM

Why the need for Jason to explain
his actions. Bottom Line—Jason,Molly and ABC production continue to disrespect, use and abuse Melissa’s
feelings for personal absolution—not
public forgiveness.

Chrissy March 8, 2009, 1:07 AM

Wow!
Okay Jason - so you “talked” to Molly once since New Zealand. What about texting or e-mailing because technically that’s not “talk”. And when Melissa specifically asked you if you had been in contact with Molly you only said “Uh”.
And C hris the host was on Ellen all self righteous and upset that people were attacking his character and claiming Melissa wasn’t ambushed.
Now Jason just said Meliss “knew some things” and “I wish I had told her more”. Hm. Does sound like what soem of else have suspected - she was blindsided.
Toads/tools/losers - Chris, ABC, Jason and Molly. Never watching that show again. Especailly since none involved are telling the same story. Liars!
Right on B!

curvymom March 8, 2009, 2:01 AM

I still just don’t understand how someone can ‘fall in love’ with another person within a matter of weeks.

Imagine yourself on one of these shows. Could you really pick your spouse out of a line up and force yourself to magically fall in love with them for the sake of a reality show?

susie christiansen March 8, 2009, 2:19 AM

I don’t know how you stated that you were in love with both of them and u didn’t know which one u were going to pick.
Did u come to the conclusion by saying “she loves me,she loves me not”?
Did u put their names in a hat and pull a name out and that was your choice?
Did u enie meanie miny moe and that’s how u picked the right one?
I think you are a big assed BABY’s MOMMA BOY! I have never seen such a wussy with all that crying u did.
You disgust me!
I am mad,they say u make history,I say I don’t want to watch the show anymore,there is enough hurt out there in the world without doing what u did.

jillyconcarne March 9, 2009, 1:27 AM

are you people high? was it not totally obvious that melissa looked pissed right from the get-go on the ATFR show? she *knew* they were not working out as a couple. she didn’t come out all lovey dovey and then get blindsided with the break-up, no way. and she gave up that ring damn easily.

janet  March 18, 2009, 7:08 PM

Jason is a complete self centered, egotistical, lame example for a father and a man. Who cares if he is “happy” & how dumb is his “new love” Molly. Have neither of them ever learned the meaning of trust, loyalty let alone honesty. The one who ends up the most affected here is his son Ty, whom he claims to care so deeply for. This will always haunt him no matter how hard they try to keep him from the gossip. Jason & Molly certainly deserve each other & YEA Melissa for moving on as a lady & becoming a star on Dancing With The Stars!!!!

jayne March 24, 2009, 10:40 PM

Hi, I think still he should break up with Molly and go back with Melissa. I
believe that Molly is not the one for him always felt it would be Melissa they had it going on and you could tell they were good together. I also fell that Melissa still is in love with him and if he went after her she would take him back. Tye deserves someone with heart I feel she has it Not Molly….Jayne

dot March 25, 2009, 12:52 PM

Jason is an insensitive jerk and Melissa is better off without him. Molly must have very low self esteem to settle for sloppy seconds.I sure hope he and Molly don’t have kids; can you imagine what their children would look like with his bird beak nose and her bug eyes! OMG

Sam Kaufman October 25, 2009, 9:27 AM

somehow i doubt that any engagement that is in any way related to this show could be legit

mockingjay audio torrent March 15, 2011, 2:04 AM

Thanks for one more excellent post. Keep up the good work. %WEBSITE%