"Bachelor" Jason: You're a Douche!

Single Mom Seeking followed Twitter during last night's "Bachelor" ... and the tweets were brutal!

bachelor jason with final two contestants

I've never in my life heard one man called a "douche" so many times in the span of two hours.

As I watched the oh-so-dramatic finale of "The Bachelor" last night, I simultaneously followed Twitter online.

In case you missed the climatic ending, "Jimmy Kimmel" put it well last night, following the "After the Final Rose Ceremony, " saying Jason Mesnick, the first-ever single dad Bachelor, "proposed to the love of his life, and then an hour later dumped her to go out with the other love of his life."

Ouch. Because Jason had signed away his right to privacy when he became the Bachelor, he had to dump Melissa on live television -- before professing his love to Molly.

"What a douche bag," Rachel, aka "The Candy Queen," wrote.

This Tweeter practically had me on the floor with her entertaining, honest criticism.

The Candy Queen went on to call Jason a "douche bag, douche candy, douche ball."

And she wasn't alone.

Every 30 seconds, someone else on Twitter was calling him a "douche" - along with "loser," "low class," and "insensitive."

(Not to go off on a tangent, but isn't "douche" an odd insult for a man? Is referring to a man as a cleanser for a woman's yoni really such a bad thing?)

"Maybe he just wanted to bone them both," The Candy Queen said. "How could you really be in love with two people at the same time? Has that happened to anyone out there?"

Uh, no. How about you?

"Melissa is incredible, sweet, and beautiful," Jason said last night during the finale. "But since this all ended, things have been different. We're not right for each other."

"Over the past few weeks, I haven't been able to stop thinking about Molly," he continued. "As soon as she left, I felt like a huge piece of me was gone."

As Jason went on to chuck Melissa on national TV, host Chris Harrison -- who looked like he might laugh or cry -- doubled as a couple's therapist. He gently tried to coach Jason to break up with Melissa, followed by the reunion with Molly.

"I could not do Chris Harrison's job," said The Candy Queen. "It's completely unethical"

To her credit, Melissa gets praise for handling this public humiliation with utmost maturity. I cheered her on when she muttered "bastard" under her breath. Did you?

No one seems to have empathy for Jason -- except maybe his family? (Jason's mom had seemed concerned about the fact that Molly was had a career, and therefore might not be a good mother.)

Lastly, I'd love know:

Did it annoy anyone else when Jason referred to every woman on Monday night as "a girl"?

Hello? If you're really hoping to find a life partner and step-mother, then we'd hope you'd have your sights out for "a woman."

Secondly, do you think that Jason had to give Melissa's engagement ring back to ABC?

When he proposes to Molly, will he have to fork over his own dough for a second engagement ring? Do you even care?

Want more? Check out momlogic's RAW AND UNEDITED interview with Bachelor Jason Mesnick -- only in the momlogic community!

next: Mom Wakes Up after Two Months in a Coma
Kiki March 3, 2009, 1:25 PM

Though he may or may not be a douche, this happens everyday by both males and females…this just happened in front of the camera. What if it would have been The Bachelorette that did this….would she be considered a douche as well, or just a b*tch?

Angela March 3, 2009, 1:37 PM

I agree with Kiki. Though most people do not want to admit it, people do dump people one day and have a new one the next. Just not in front of a TV.

But, not to say that it is morally right in any way. Its just life. You think you will be truely happy with someone else, but you always ask yourself what if.

I do agree that he should have given it time if he had any doubt that things “changed.” Maybe things only “changed” because he wanted Molly. So he gave himself a reason to dump her.

Melissa said she was always the dumpee so maybe she was crazy. Will all of our questions be answered tonight?

MotherProof.com March 3, 2009, 1:50 PM

I have a career and happen to think I’m a darn good mother (and a single one at that). This is the 21st century, Jason’s Mom. Women can fill more than one roll at a time…

Robyn March 3, 2009, 1:52 PM

Jason is a total spinless whimp who should be ashamed of his actions and bringing a child into this high school drama

Tgirl March 3, 2009, 2:03 PM

I think most people r just overreacting n all. This happens in real life everyday n not just on the bachelor. Would people have him (Jason) keep decieving poor Melissa n then six months later we hear from people mag that they broke up. People need to sit n think realistically this is an everyday occurrence. While we pray dat it does not happen to any of us it does happen to other people n yet these people pick up wit their lives n move on. I feel so sorri for Melissa cos in her case she has always been the one dat gets dumped. I think she needs to do some serious think n soul searching before dating a guy. She really needs to observe any guy she is considering to date before actually dating him. She is still young and has a lot of time to do this so she needs to be wise in her choice of spouse. I pray n hope she makes the right choice when next she falls for a guy. Notwithstanding, i still love Jason i only feel for him cos of the stupid right to privacy he had given ABC prior to this cos i believe he is just not dat kind of person dat would do something like this i.e. breaking up wit Melissa publicly cos if he were to be that kind of person then he wouldn’t have minded the studio audience. People need to see n realise dat he is human too n bound to av faults.

Casey March 3, 2009, 2:18 PM

I think Jason is a real jerk. We all should have known he was too good to be “real”. He is like most men, he just wanted to have it all, and got so hung up on what he thought he was “missing” that he couldn’t focus on anything else. I don’t think he even tried to work it out with Melissa - she should consider herself lucky for finding out what he is like now. As for Molly - I never did think she was sincere, and if she had any character, she would have told him to buzz off, instead of setting as his second choice. This is no compliment. I have no respect for Jason as a person or a parent, after what he did to Melissa.

Anonymous March 3, 2009, 2:56 PM

Sorry, he’s a douche! i totally agree, even my husband was like “what!!??!?!”

Apples March 3, 2009, 3:05 PM

This is why I don’t get into “Reality” TV because it is NOT reality!

Kendall March 3, 2009, 3:25 PM

I watched in a sort of stunned disbelief when I saw the clip of Molly settling as second chance. I turn to the girlfriend and go, “does she have no shame?”

Do I think Jason’s a “douche”? No, not really. Do I think he’s a horrible parent for dumping a girl on national TV? No. He’s kind of done this every week as has every bachelor/bachelorette before him.

Anonymous March 3, 2009, 3:30 PM

it was funny, my husband and i were watching and when he and his mom were sitting and talking in the grass, and they got up, my husband couldn’t believe he didn’t help his mom up.

Ashley March 3, 2009, 3:32 PM

I completely agree that Jason is the biggest “douche” “loser” “bastard” all of that. he acted so innocent when dumped by Deanna and he did the same thing only worse because he broke up with poor melissa on national television. I hope Melissa becomes the next bachelorette, and finds a great guy which she deserves. I hope Molly and Jason do not work out and that he regrets his decision and is a lonely man. and yes I believe he did have to give the ring back to ABC and he is most certainly o his own if he wants to buy Molly a ring.

Shannon March 3, 2009, 3:48 PM

I’ll tell you. I’m completely done with The Bachelor. I can’t believe how “insensitive” he was to come on National TV and hurt Melissa they way he did. I just kept saying “you go girl” when she was “letting him have it”. I don’t really care to see what happens to him at this point, I just hope Melissa finds love, and Molly would be stupid to go back with him.

Jen March 3, 2009, 3:53 PM

These “reality” shows are full of BS. Nothing “real” about any of it.

Melissa March 3, 2009, 4:15 PM

Did anyone else notice that after Melissa left the stage, prior to Chris coming out, that Jason didn’t have a tear in his eye! He looked around to make sure that no one was watching. Then, when Chris came back on the stage, Jason buried his face in his hands. It was totally fake on his part. I agree that this goes on in “real life”, but he totally played it up. Melissa is totally lucky to rid herself of this guy. He is one confused individual. I feel for his little guy. He totally was playing the single parent card. It was over kill if you ask me. There are plenty of single parents in this world who don’t need to go on national TV and tell the world. As far as Molly, she looked so confused when he told her. I can’t believe that she didn’t give him a hard time about not choosing her in the first place.

Chris March 3, 2009, 4:23 PM

What the hell was jason thinking doing that on television. Its the same thing what happened to him, he just wanted someone hurt like he was. Malissa was the #1 choice but he leaves her for spinless Molly. he is the stupidest man worse then the guy who didnt pick a girl on the past season of the bachlor

mark March 3, 2009, 4:26 PM

WHAT A STUPID GUY. HE IS WORSE THEN THE GUY WHO IN THE PAST SEASON DIDNT PICK A GIRL… JASON HAS NO SOUL I BET HE DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT HIS OWN CHILD

Jill (the other one) March 3, 2009, 5:51 PM

Interesting … I wondered what everyone was in such a snit about. I’ve never seen the show on account of it strikes me as morally woolly.
I was watching ‘24’, myself.

Renee March 3, 2009, 6:07 PM

It’s very interesting to me to see how many people choose to spend their time judging this man. There are no victims in relationships, by the way. People can continue to victimize themselves, but it is still a choice. Any powerful, self assured woman knows this. No human being is powerful enough to cause the emotional demise of another and people are giving Jason way too much credit for that. The more people buy into the idea, the more someone like Melissa will remain a victim in her relationships.

People make bad choices, but I refuse to call them names because of it. Whenever I feel like judging someone else, I am reminded that I need to get the plank out of my own eye before I point out the splinter in another person’s.

Calling Jason names and judging him doesn’t change the situation. It merely reaffirms that we are a society that would rather focus on bringing people down for their mistakes than supporting them in becoming a better person.

People grow in the space of love, not judgement. Let’s teach that to our children.

Jackie From Indiana March 3, 2009, 6:08 PM

Oh Please……..Break ups are a way of life……It happens everyday!
People do change their minds.
I feel Molly and Jason did follow their hearts!!!!!!!
Good for them….
I’m on their side………..:-)

K. Carr March 3, 2009, 6:11 PM

It was all a hoax. He should keep his day job, his acting is HORRIBLE!!!! People were losing interest in the show so they threw a spin to it.