"Bachelor" Jason: You're a Douche!

Single Mom Seeking followed Twitter during last night's "Bachelor" ... and the tweets were brutal!

bachelor jason with final two contestants

I've never in my life heard one man called a "douche" so many times in the span of two hours.

As I watched the oh-so-dramatic finale of "The Bachelor" last night, I simultaneously followed Twitter online.

In case you missed the climatic ending, "Jimmy Kimmel" put it well last night, following the "After the Final Rose Ceremony, " saying Jason Mesnick, the first-ever single dad Bachelor, "proposed to the love of his life, and then an hour later dumped her to go out with the other love of his life."

Ouch. Because Jason had signed away his right to privacy when he became the Bachelor, he had to dump Melissa on live television -- before professing his love to Molly.

"What a douche bag," Rachel, aka "The Candy Queen," wrote.

This Tweeter practically had me on the floor with her entertaining, honest criticism.

The Candy Queen went on to call Jason a "douche bag, douche candy, douche ball."

And she wasn't alone.

Every 30 seconds, someone else on Twitter was calling him a "douche" - along with "loser," "low class," and "insensitive."

(Not to go off on a tangent, but isn't "douche" an odd insult for a man? Is referring to a man as a cleanser for a woman's yoni really such a bad thing?)

"Maybe he just wanted to bone them both," The Candy Queen said. "How could you really be in love with two people at the same time? Has that happened to anyone out there?"

Uh, no. How about you?

"Melissa is incredible, sweet, and beautiful," Jason said last night during the finale. "But since this all ended, things have been different. We're not right for each other."

"Over the past few weeks, I haven't been able to stop thinking about Molly," he continued. "As soon as she left, I felt like a huge piece of me was gone."

As Jason went on to chuck Melissa on national TV, host Chris Harrison -- who looked like he might laugh or cry -- doubled as a couple's therapist. He gently tried to coach Jason to break up with Melissa, followed by the reunion with Molly.

"I could not do Chris Harrison's job," said The Candy Queen. "It's completely unethical"

To her credit, Melissa gets praise for handling this public humiliation with utmost maturity. I cheered her on when she muttered "bastard" under her breath. Did you?

No one seems to have empathy for Jason -- except maybe his family? (Jason's mom had seemed concerned about the fact that Molly was had a career, and therefore might not be a good mother.)

Lastly, I'd love know:

Did it annoy anyone else when Jason referred to every woman on Monday night as "a girl"?

Hello? If you're really hoping to find a life partner and step-mother, then we'd hope you'd have your sights out for "a woman."

Secondly, do you think that Jason had to give Melissa's engagement ring back to ABC?

When he proposes to Molly, will he have to fork over his own dough for a second engagement ring? Do you even care?

Want more? Check out momlogic's RAW AND UNEDITED interview with Bachelor Jason Mesnick -- only in the momlogic community!

next: Mom Wakes Up after Two Months in a Coma
Canadian Bald Guy March 3, 2009, 6:12 PM

I knew there was a reason I never watched this show.

Anonymous March 3, 2009, 6:45 PM

a b*tch.

Kat March 3, 2009, 6:56 PM

Ha! Jason is a total loser and that whole After the Rose thing seemed insanely fake.

Did y’all see Jason on Jimmy Kimmel? He seemed really flippant about the whole thing if you ask me: http://squareeyes.blinkx.com/?p=403

Eathan March 3, 2009, 7:07 PM

He’s a douche all around. What kind of man cries this much? The other disturbing thing, he’s been divorced 2 yrs.. has a 3 yr son.. and he’s proposed 2 times in 2 years. Sounds like a basket case if you ask me.

Anonymous March 3, 2009, 7:40 PM

Any woman or man who chooses to compete for the love of their life in a reality show with 24 other other competitors should realize this could happen. It’s not the way to find the love of your life. It’s just stupid

V from Michigan March 3, 2009, 8:01 PM

Don’t judge, you might be in one of their shoes at some time or another. Might not be the same situation, but you might be judged for something you can’t control due to your feelings. Glad he didn’t lead Melissa on any longer, and she knew his feelings weren’t there, you could tell when she walked onto the set. You don’t know what happened during the six weeks after the show…..

Natalie March 3, 2009, 9:54 PM

You know what I think he was a good much to DeAnna after all. She was not ashame to come back begging Jason to re-consile.They both seems to change their mood and opinion very fast…

Megan March 3, 2009, 10:13 PM

Melssia needs someone who will love her, she is so pretty and nice. Jason is old and has a child. Mollie is ugly and i havent liked her since day one. I really hope Melissa finds someone to hold on to that wont dump her. Shes amazing. Mollie put her self out there to much like with the bathing suit and taking him to her place, can u say gross. Thats my opinion. I think either stephine or melssia should be the next bachelorett.

Megan March 3, 2009, 10:14 PM

Megan March 3, 2009, 10:15 PM

Sherri Moore March 3, 2009, 10:15 PM

I am apppauled. I read in US magazine that this was designed by the producers to get higher ratings and jason went along with it. Not only is he a scum bag, but the producers are also. I will never watch again. How dare they all set up Melissa for ratings. Inexcusable. Molly is a fool to take him. His sincerity that he claims thru-out is bullshit. This again will result in nothing. I am done with this program. It is a scam and not realty.Your ratings were good because we believed in Jason, however the show is done. It was almost done prior to. This could have been your come back, but because of greed and manipulation for higher ratings you have lost your core base and your soul. Good-bye Bachelor. You r done

SLRISSO March 3, 2009, 10:59 PM

ABC is mostly at fault.
I agree with one of the other posts. First and foremost ABC did this. The producers did this. They didn’t give a dam about the feeling of any of them. Molly, Melissa or Jason. This is what pisses me off about the show. I have been such a fan, but not any more.

anonymous March 3, 2009, 11:39 PM

Sure people get dumped everyday. He’s not a “douche”, because he dumped her. He’s a “douche” for dumping her on national television and then “hooking up” with someone else before she even left the building! That was cruel; worse than being dumped via post it note.

Jacel March 4, 2009, 12:45 AM

I called Jason so many names and of course one of them is that he is a bastard. I just don’t think calling him names is not enough to express all the anger and sadness that I felt for Melisa. How many times did she tell him that she was always the one that gets dumped!? The final rose was just unbelievable, it definately just threw Melisa to the curve and left her to feel even more sorry for herself than she felt. I truly think that Jason is one of those guys who happens to meet a beautiful woman while being a married man he then gets infactuated with them and decides that “damn, if I can bang this fine hottie, and she thinks that I’m good than I’ll just toss the old lady aside”. This is why people get divorces…this is why people should end relationships before it gets even more serious than it should…this is why people don’t want to get married…this is why people don’t trust another person’s intuition but their own

kat March 4, 2009, 4:35 AM

Jason should be ashame of himself, he did exactly what DeAnna did to him.
Molly is mighty hard up to take him back! she better watch it because what comes around goes around. both are loosers! What a total JERK he is.

Jenny March 4, 2009, 5:04 AM

I think he was totally wrong .. i think with the fact that he was falling for 2 women at the same time…and especially how he reacted after he sent molly off. he shouldnt have proposed to melissa.. he maybe should of still gave it a shot.. but not proposed .. as a woman growing up we what fantasize about getting married and all that comes with it.. and he took that from her .. her first proposel and ruined it.. i think molly not that i cared for her all that much in the first place.. how can she trust him ater that… but i think molly and jason were talkin long before they said they were.. i think ya i agree u have to follow your heart i get that part of it.. but not the rest i think hes a dip stick.. i totally lost all respect for the guy.. he reguardless of any contracts could of went about that totally differently alot of the couples that do these shows break up and they dont get dumped on tv.. i think deanna gave him good advice i think hes got some scews lose some where

J.D. March 4, 2009, 8:45 AM

Jason does not know the meaning of making a life long commitment. Love is not just a four letter word. I feel bad for Molly, Jason has been married once already and has a child, who should have never been brought into the picture, He tells Melissa he loves her and wants to spend the rest of his life with her, then decides I don’t want to be with her, I want Molly, Ladies run as fast a you can from this guy. He is a bad impression of a man and a father. Run Molly run, hes going to ruin your life.

Anonymous March 4, 2009, 10:48 AM

Jason is a CAD. He is more “fickle” than any female I’ve known. Maybe that is why he’s had such bad luck with women. I don’t think he’s capable of committing himself completely to ONE woman. I sure wouldn’t trust him and his wandering eye, if I were in a relationship with him. And did all of you catch what he said on “Kimmel”. He said he’s found and is with his “BEST FRIEND” now, in Molly. That’s a sure relationship ender. That’s what he said he WASN’T looking for, and wanted more, when he was with Jillian. What a Contradiction he is. Well, I don’t see those two loosers making it to the Alter, at all, much less any time soon. And if they do, it’s because they both don’t see finding any one better, after all this chaos and public humilation and shame. Molly is too young (24), and imature for Jason (32). If she had any integrity and self serving respect for herself, she would not want to be always thought of as being his 2nd choice, which she will always be, and only now wanted by Jason because things did not work out with Melissa. Poor Molly did not get the glory and 15 minutes of fame, of being picked and proposed to in front of millions of viewers. This show was alot of hype, but a real let down in the end. Now they are just trying to make money on the contestants heartache and sadness…

Di March 4, 2009, 12:18 PM

If Jason were a real “man”, he would have told both ladies he was in love with them, and neither gets a ring until they “date” a while. That would have given everyone a chance to sort out their feelings. Melissa lost one of those “only once” moments by the proposal; and Molly should think long and hard about EVER believing Jason totally. He is fickle, lame, and insincere in his lose tongue

Anna March 4, 2009, 12:18 PM