"Bachelor" Jason: You're a Douche!

Single Mom Seeking followed Twitter during last night's "Bachelor" ... and the tweets were brutal!

bachelor jason with final two contestants

I've never in my life heard one man called a "douche" so many times in the span of two hours.

As I watched the oh-so-dramatic finale of "The Bachelor" last night, I simultaneously followed Twitter online.

In case you missed the climatic ending, "Jimmy Kimmel" put it well last night, following the "After the Final Rose Ceremony, " saying Jason Mesnick, the first-ever single dad Bachelor, "proposed to the love of his life, and then an hour later dumped her to go out with the other love of his life."

Ouch. Because Jason had signed away his right to privacy when he became the Bachelor, he had to dump Melissa on live television -- before professing his love to Molly.

"What a douche bag," Rachel, aka "The Candy Queen," wrote.

This Tweeter practically had me on the floor with her entertaining, honest criticism.

The Candy Queen went on to call Jason a "douche bag, douche candy, douche ball."

And she wasn't alone.

Every 30 seconds, someone else on Twitter was calling him a "douche" - along with "loser," "low class," and "insensitive."

(Not to go off on a tangent, but isn't "douche" an odd insult for a man? Is referring to a man as a cleanser for a woman's yoni really such a bad thing?)

"Maybe he just wanted to bone them both," The Candy Queen said. "How could you really be in love with two people at the same time? Has that happened to anyone out there?"

Uh, no. How about you?

"Melissa is incredible, sweet, and beautiful," Jason said last night during the finale. "But since this all ended, things have been different. We're not right for each other."

"Over the past few weeks, I haven't been able to stop thinking about Molly," he continued. "As soon as she left, I felt like a huge piece of me was gone."

As Jason went on to chuck Melissa on national TV, host Chris Harrison -- who looked like he might laugh or cry -- doubled as a couple's therapist. He gently tried to coach Jason to break up with Melissa, followed by the reunion with Molly.

"I could not do Chris Harrison's job," said The Candy Queen. "It's completely unethical"

To her credit, Melissa gets praise for handling this public humiliation with utmost maturity. I cheered her on when she muttered "bastard" under her breath. Did you?

No one seems to have empathy for Jason -- except maybe his family? (Jason's mom had seemed concerned about the fact that Molly was had a career, and therefore might not be a good mother.)

Lastly, I'd love know:

Did it annoy anyone else when Jason referred to every woman on Monday night as "a girl"?

Hello? If you're really hoping to find a life partner and step-mother, then we'd hope you'd have your sights out for "a woman."

Secondly, do you think that Jason had to give Melissa's engagement ring back to ABC?

When he proposes to Molly, will he have to fork over his own dough for a second engagement ring? Do you even care?

Want more? Check out momlogic's RAW AND UNEDITED interview with Bachelor Jason Mesnick -- only in the momlogic community!

next: Mom Wakes Up after Two Months in a Coma
rayvan March 4, 2009, 12:39 PM

He’s a spineless infraction of a man not worth a spit as a human or a father.

jbo March 4, 2009, 12:40 PM

Did anyone notice that Ty was not mentioned AT ALL on Monday night’s show? They made Jason out to be such a nice guy, but his actions have proved otherwise. He should have done this privately. And to have Chris get Molly’s opinion about her feelings before Jason coming back to ask her out for coffee is like junior high school tactics. “See if she still likes me before I make another A— of myself by asking her out.” He showed his immaturity. Yes, if he was truly in love with two women, he should not have proposed to ANYONE until he got his head on straight. But this is not reality, just a soap opera.

Kerry March 4, 2009, 2:26 PM

Jason is the biggest of all douche bags! If you made a mistake fine but give Melissa an explanation as to why!
Then be a little classy and not make out and ride up on Molly 5 minutes after you dump them!!!

Susan  March 4, 2009, 2:31 PM

Melissa was great with Ty - you can tell Molly has no intention of being a mother - she is all into herself and I have not respect for her or Jason….

JOAN WOOD March 4, 2009, 2:31 PM

HOW MANY PAST BACHELORS HAVE STAYED ENGAGED OR GONE ON TO MARRY THE GIRL THEY PICKED. AT LEAST HE BROKE IT OFF BEFORE IT GOT TO FAR ALONG. I AGREE IT SHOULD HAVE NOT HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE BUT EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES AND LIFE GOES ON. HOPE HE HAS MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE AND THEY GO ON TO MARRY.

G March 4, 2009, 2:36 PM

I think Jason did a DeAnna Papis, only in reverse. DeAnna “followed her heart” and chose Jesse, with whom she thought she was madly in love, then later realized he was the wrong guy.
Jason initially picked the right girl (Melissa). DeAnna picked Jesse because he was “different” and exciting for her.
And that’s what attracted Jason to Molly. But as DeAnna and Jesse didn’t last, neither will Jason and Molly.
It’s just something new for him. As soon as they start seeing each other all the time, he’ll begin to see that Molly isn’t the right girl for him.
I give it 2 years tops, although I think they’ll break up in less than a year.

Tysa March 4, 2009, 2:37 PM

If I had come onstage in Molly’s shoes after what Jason had just done to Melissa, there would be no way in hell I would go back to Jason. Women need to look out for each other instead of competing against each other. I mean, if he did this to Melissa chances are he will do it to any woman.

Anonymous March 4, 2009, 2:49 PM

I WOULD HAVE KEPT THE RING AFTER WHAT HE PUT HER THROUGH

Shannon  March 4, 2009, 2:54 PM

You know I’m still really floored about what happened..I really think that proposing to someone is a big step.. I think that he should have maybe told Melissa that he couldn’t propose to her until he had time to think about what he was getting in to .. Hell in that case do what Brad did don’t choose anyone.. I really thought alot about Jason I really thought that he was one of the GOOD guys but I’m sorry after Monday night my opinions are a whole lot different.. I think he is a ________ well ya know feel in the blank.. And Molly she is such a bad actress.. You can’t tell me he wasn’t calling her on the down low behind Melissa’s back..
Shannon

Donna March 4, 2009, 2:54 PM

I hope he gets what he deserves. Molly comes off as being a rich spoiled Daddys girl. The only reason he couldn’t stop thinking about her was that she almost screwed him on the final date. I hope she makes his life a living hell. He’s a spineless whimp a crybaby. Melissa deserves a real man.

single mom seeking March 4, 2009, 2:55 PM

jba: Thank you for adding that VERY valid point… how about Ty in all of this?

Surely, he got attached to Melissa. How confusing for the little guy!

Jill March 4, 2009, 3:01 PM

I was rooting for Jason the entire time he was one of my favorites.But now all I can say is what a loser he has become..I will never watch that show again what they did to that poor girl was just unforgiveable..Rating are one thing but to hurt someone like that is just wrong..Shame on you Jason and shame on ABC

Inome March 4, 2009, 3:01 PM

The bottom line is if only Jason is real man enoughed(or a real decent human being) not letting anyone manipulate his feelings and did not propose to Melissa after the drama he showed in the balcony when Molly left he would still get some respect from the audience. A non-stupid person would never buy his story that he did propose to Melissa because during that time he thought she was the one for him. If you really felt that way during “that time” you would not have that drama you showed in the balcony after Molly left. A person who has a conscience and claimed to be in love with two persons at the same time would not jump into a decision of proposing right away to one of them. I’ve seen other shows like these in the past and to my understanding no one is “forced” to propose marriage(unless the show is indeed scripted).

And last but not the least no REAL GENTLEMAN would allow a woman to be humiliated in front of the camera even if the producers told him that he should do this. Jason is an adult who should know when to say “NO” I could not do this to a human being like Melissa.

And again non-stupid people would not buy the story that Molly did not know that Jason returning back to her was not coming. If she really sincerely did not know then it is so true how desperate and cheap she is to hug and kiss Jason while sitting in the chair where Melissa just sat and could still be warm.

Someone from Seattle(who is ashamed that Jason is from here too)

UNBELIEVABLE March 4, 2009, 3:11 PM

STILL IN SHOCK. EVERYONE THOUGHT THIS WAS A NICE GUY WITH GOOD STANDARDS….NOT…IF HE WAS UNCERTAIN HE COULD HAVE WALKED AWAY FROM BOTH.. THEN CLEAR HIS HEAD.. AFTER ALL I AM SURE HE HAD THEIR NUMBER. IT ISNT RIGHT JASON. I HAD RESPECT FOR YOU AT FIRST AND YOUR SON BUT NOW YOU HAVE PROVED YOUR LIKE THE REST.. GOOD FOR MELISSA, YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A FAKE GUY. YOU GO GIRL..HES A WIMP..NO WONDER HE WAS DIVORCED…IT JUST AINT RIGHT….

patsy March 4, 2009, 3:51 PM

How could that douche bag Jason, go on the air, nation wide, and break up with Melissa or any girl that he wanted to spend his life with, he has no morals. His son is confused does he care about that? Whatevergoes around comes around Jason, you turn is going to be up, you messed up, yes you were tore up between 2 ladies you should of put the ring on the right girl, instead of sending her devasted, Molly should of not taken you back personally. Melissa called you a bastart in nation wide TV if anyone heard that, she had a reason, to tell you that, why didn’t they show that last nite???
wish you the best!! back pays is a real kick in your butt beware!!!

NYCity Mama March 4, 2009, 4:28 PM

LOL! He is NOT a douche. I hate that so many women are portraying so many other of us as these unrealistically overly sensitive beings. It’s a reality show, it doesn’t matter. The dumped chick is probably signing off on her own spin off as we speak! These girls went on NATIONAL TV looking for a husband. HOW PATHETIC IS THAT? You share spit of other women with a guy you calin to be madly in love with who you don’t even know, so what he proposed, so what he dumped her. Life happens. She’ll be richer because of it…which in the end was what she wanted ANYWAYS.

Anonymous March 4, 2009, 4:36 PM

Jason is a real scumbag. I really liked the guy and thought DeAnna had made a big mistake but now I think she did the right thing by not picking him. He is pure trash in my eyes. I noticed how he did not help his mother up when they were sitting on the grass. That got me thinking what kind of guy is this? I always thought Melissa was the right lady for him because Molly is so fake and not pretty. You could see it when she was playing with Ty on the beach. I could not believe how easily Molly accept Jason’s offer—-like she was so desperate. She is a total loser. Where are her standards? The both of them will have a miserable life — misery loves company. Melissa will go on to have a fruitful and happy life without Jason the douch bag…

K. More March 4, 2009, 4:37 PM

I cannot believe that Jason broke up with Melissa on national tv (what an absolute jerk). I was getting sick of watching him anyway, he was always acting the role of a drama king while trying to appear so sincere. Like the person said above, when he didn’t help his mother get up off the grass I knew he was an a__!!

MindyMom March 4, 2009, 5:07 PM

Just another fine example of a man believing the grass will be greener with another woman.

carrriesue54 March 4, 2009, 5:37 PM

Jason stinks! No one should have been treated in such a heartless way.He is useless to anyone. He is the worst bachelor to date. That is probably why he has an ex-wife.