"Bachelor" Jason: You're a Douche!

Single Mom Seeking followed Twitter during last night's "Bachelor" ... and the tweets were brutal!

bachelor jason with final two contestants

I've never in my life heard one man called a "douche" so many times in the span of two hours.

As I watched the oh-so-dramatic finale of "The Bachelor" last night, I simultaneously followed Twitter online.

In case you missed the climatic ending, "Jimmy Kimmel" put it well last night, following the "After the Final Rose Ceremony, " saying Jason Mesnick, the first-ever single dad Bachelor, "proposed to the love of his life, and then an hour later dumped her to go out with the other love of his life."

Ouch. Because Jason had signed away his right to privacy when he became the Bachelor, he had to dump Melissa on live television -- before professing his love to Molly.

"What a douche bag," Rachel, aka "The Candy Queen," wrote.

This Tweeter practically had me on the floor with her entertaining, honest criticism.

The Candy Queen went on to call Jason a "douche bag, douche candy, douche ball."

And she wasn't alone.

Every 30 seconds, someone else on Twitter was calling him a "douche" - along with "loser," "low class," and "insensitive."

(Not to go off on a tangent, but isn't "douche" an odd insult for a man? Is referring to a man as a cleanser for a woman's yoni really such a bad thing?)

"Maybe he just wanted to bone them both," The Candy Queen said. "How could you really be in love with two people at the same time? Has that happened to anyone out there?"

Uh, no. How about you?

"Melissa is incredible, sweet, and beautiful," Jason said last night during the finale. "But since this all ended, things have been different. We're not right for each other."

"Over the past few weeks, I haven't been able to stop thinking about Molly," he continued. "As soon as she left, I felt like a huge piece of me was gone."

As Jason went on to chuck Melissa on national TV, host Chris Harrison -- who looked like he might laugh or cry -- doubled as a couple's therapist. He gently tried to coach Jason to break up with Melissa, followed by the reunion with Molly.

"I could not do Chris Harrison's job," said The Candy Queen. "It's completely unethical"

To her credit, Melissa gets praise for handling this public humiliation with utmost maturity. I cheered her on when she muttered "bastard" under her breath. Did you?

No one seems to have empathy for Jason -- except maybe his family? (Jason's mom had seemed concerned about the fact that Molly was had a career, and therefore might not be a good mother.)

Lastly, I'd love know:

Did it annoy anyone else when Jason referred to every woman on Monday night as "a girl"?

Hello? If you're really hoping to find a life partner and step-mother, then we'd hope you'd have your sights out for "a woman."

Secondly, do you think that Jason had to give Melissa's engagement ring back to ABC?

When he proposes to Molly, will he have to fork over his own dough for a second engagement ring? Do you even care?

Want more? Check out momlogic's RAW AND UNEDITED interview with Bachelor Jason Mesnick -- only in the momlogic community!

next: Mom Wakes Up after Two Months in a Coma
Jane March 4, 2009, 5:51 PM

First, let’s look at Jason. If we saw him at an airport, mall or restaurant no one would look at him. He’s not a great catch and I’m not sure his child is not going to act out as he gets older due to a)missing his real mother and b)the teasing he will endure because his father did something seedy for money. Melissa-run. Molly-run Jason-if you really want to find someone-try match.com

Art March 4, 2009, 5:52 PM

Jason is the biggest whimp I’ve ever seen. How could he pick Melissa over Molly; express his love to her; fall in the pool with her in joy; then dump her a few weeks later. Molly- watch out!!!!!

unknown March 4, 2009, 5:59 PM

Jason is a scumbag. He deserves to be alone for the rest of his life. I really feel sorry for his son. hum…. Hope he is a better father then human. He is a DIRT BAG all the way..

S. McCarty March 4, 2009, 6:01 PM

The whole thing makes me sick. I have no respect for Jason or Molly for that matter. This display of inappropriate behavior is not reality TV it is the demoralization of a human being, Melissa. I hope that out of this whole situation; Melissa is the one that prospers, she already still has her dignity! Will never watch the show again.

rose March 4, 2009, 6:02 PM

Who cares what this whimp does. But..he could of been a little classier about it. I thought he was a bit nerdy from the start. I wasn’t crazy about Molly either. Good pair. I will NEVER watch another Bachelor or Bachlorette again. Melissa is a beautiful woman who will find a good stable man. Big deal he is a single parent….I never got any passes in life because of it.

unknown March 4, 2009, 6:03 PM

I use to watch the show when it first came out. Was better at that time. The show has gone down hill since… I knew there was a reason I had lost interest. I will NEVER watch the show again and hope many others feel the same.

Jason will most likely spend the rest of his time alone… as he deserves.

Patty March 4, 2009, 6:09 PM

I think Jason and Molly deserve each other. Good pair and won’t last long. This show has gone to hell… and does not deserve to be on the air. Bye Bye Bachelor. Sucky show and Jason is a BIG Wimp! Hope you make a better father than boyfriend - husband or lover….

Jim March 4, 2009, 6:10 PM

Anyone that says there are no victims in a relationship has never been in real relationship. There is always a victim. I happened to be watching this joke they call a television show with my wife and I must say my confirmed thoughts are this guy is a pathetic excuse for a man. He cried like a damm baby. He supposedly has a degree in pyschology. LOL from where? He obvioulsy didn’t learn anything about peoples emotions or how to treat a lady.If he had feelings that is understandable but to propose and make the statements he made to melissa was really unfair. My wife said he is divorced and I am not surprised. If his son was watching and saw his father cry like a little baby becasue he felt that everyone was being to hard on him he should be ashamed of himself. His family jewels have obvioulsy dried up so Molly better have some great toys because he has nothing to share. She would be better off hooking up with a high school kid . Then this guy has the audacity to go on Jimmy Kimmel and try and explain why he did what he did. Please he needs to own up to the fact he acted like a little boy and does not deserve a young lady as beautiful as Melissa. It was so sweet when she called him a bastard. However she was being kind. This little man deserves any heartache he gets in his love life .

Mikki March 4, 2009, 6:25 PM

First of all… ANYONE that accepts a marriage proposal after knowing someone for 6 weeks is a total moron. I used to enjoy watching the show for entertainment prior to this mess. It isn’t entertaining to watch sick people play with other people’s lives on TV for the world to watch. Jason has some serious problems. I feel sorry for Ty.

g March 4, 2009, 6:32 PM

i didnt see it coming at all…he actually did have the happy look when he got down on one knee and i even shed a few tears when i saw how melissa reacted to that…she was sooo happy and he took it away!!! she had every right to say what she did ..i cant believe what he did and only minutes later to be with molly like nothing ever happened??? are u insane???? i know melissa will find true love…she is a beautiful person inside n out..molly seemed fake from the beginning i didnt care for her …personally i thought he would let her go before letting jillian go. as for jason..ur the reason why so many good women cant find love…beacuse of ppl like you that dont know what you want. ive been hurt in relationships in the past and i can even imagine how melissa felt after what you put her through. Its so hard to trust guys and jaon..you just proved why.

jd March 4, 2009, 6:38 PM

back in the Depression of the 1930’s we had top hats and musicals to take our minds off the problems; today we have this bit of fantasy.

Sharon March 4, 2009, 6:40 PM

We don’t know what happened in those 3 months and I think it is more about Ty in Jason’s eyes. It is totally different when there is just you, but when you have a child, you have to choose for them as well. I think Jason was willing to look like a jerk to America for the sake of picking his true love. Alot could have happened and maybe he is too much of a gentleman to say what it was. I admire him for not waiting until they were married and then breaking up a family. I think people are being too quick to past judgement when they have not walked in his shoes.

Sharyl March 4, 2009, 6:47 PM

This happens more than people realize in every day life. People have to follow their hearts. I agree he should have stepped back and really thought this through more, but he did what he did and it is over with. I wish Melissa all the best. I also wish Jason and Molly all the best. As for someone on here saying he probably doesn’t care about his own child is a very cruel thing to say. There is no doubt that Jason loves Ty. Actually what goes on with any of these people now is none of anyones business. Leave them alone and let them live their lives. They need their privacy right now and can’t even get it.

diann March 4, 2009, 6:55 PM

Okay- lets see- I guess he should have just gone through with a marriage to Melissa- and get divorced in 6 months. Would that have made you all happier? I give him alot of credit for being honest. His mothers comment about Molly wanting to have a career affected his decision. She should have kept her 1950s opinion to herself!!

Christina  March 4, 2009, 6:58 PM

Okay let’s have a history lesson…First Deanna winds up as the Bachelorette because she(and another woman)are both left by “The Bachelor” whose name I can’t recall. As “The Bachelorette” Deanna allows Jason to get down on one knee to propose to her then humiliates him by chosing the snowboarding dude (also, a name I can’t recall) Jason becomes “The Bachelor” declares his love for Melissa proposes to her only to denounce that love in exchange for Molly, 6 weeks later?!!!!! Jason is “in love” with being “in love” I don’t give he and Molly 6 months. He has gotton down on one knee 3 times if you include is former spouse!!! Molly is a fool if she thinks she is going to be special and one more thing, Jason grow “a set” Your emotional display was embarassing!@#!@#

Dorothy March 4, 2009, 7:11 PM

Did anyone notice that when he dumped Jillian, he kept saying he wanted “more than a friend”?? And then, when he hooked up with Molly, the first thing he said was that he’d found his best friend???

Anonymous March 4, 2009, 7:14 PM

He is a loser!!!!! Both girls should move on - far awy from him…

Patti March 4, 2009, 7:15 PM

If Jason was so torn between 2 women he never should have given either one of them a ring. It’s happened before when neither girl has received a rose. After the show he could have dated both of them and then made a choice. I still think he is basically a good guy.

A.A.C. March 4, 2009, 7:22 PM

Malissa has too much class for Jason. She will do well in life. Jason’s tears were phony and aimed at getting sympathy for the viewers. I would not want my daughters to marry such a spineless phony. Molly is a fool if she believes Jason will marry her. He’s a user. I’d be willing to bet that Malissa would never take him back. Good luck Molly, Your going to need it.

baby March 4, 2009, 7:24 PM

hey this guy Jason went to Bachelorette fell in love got dumped on National TV…Then went back and made a fool of himself and I don’t know how many girls…It is the worst…this show should be cancelled after this embarrassment…