"Bachelor" Blowout -- Is It Molly's Fault?

"After the Final Rose Part Two" revealed it's Molly who may have the problem!

The Bachelor

momlogic's Jenny: I waited with bated breath as the title cards for tonight's "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose Part 2" came on screen. I crossed my fingers that Melissa would come storming out, smack Jason in the face and then tell him he sucked in bed (or some other horribly humiliating thing), as the audience gasped. But alas, it was a recap show telling me what I already know: Molly has very white teeth. Oh, and Jillian is the new "Bachelorette." (OMG. Does she remind you of a Canadian Gidget or what?!)

I agreed with single and overly bronzed mom Stephanie who said that it's better Jason figured this all out now than in a year from now. But Charles Orlando, author of The Problem With Women... Is Men, wasn't as forgiving. He thinks Molly has made herself "the poster child for trying to fix the wrong guy."

Charles Orlando: I'm usually not one to watch a ton of reality TV, but this season's "Bachelor" seemed to have gotten a raw deal on last season's "Bachelorette," so I wanted to see what he was made of. Turns out (if the entire thing wasn't staged) that he's a run-of-the-mill jerk, choosing to humiliate a woman in front of millions.

To recap:

50 roses later, single dad Jason Mesnick dismissed runner-up Molly Malaney and proposed to Dallas sales rep Melissa Rycroft. THEN, on the "Reunion Show" (six weeks later in real-time), Jason backpedaled and told Melissa that he just wasn't that into her, and that he still had feelings for Molly. (You keeping up with this?). Melissa (trying desperately to salvage what was left of her ego) called him a bastard and left the stage. Now, this would be bad enough, in that Jason didn't even have the decency to call things off before humiliating Melissa in front of millions ... no. Molly is then trotted out on stage as the lady du jour, where Jason proclaims his love, and then they make out.

Huh? Did I miss something? His dead engagement to Melissa wasn't even cold yet, and they're groping. Sheesh ... no class. But, that's not where this ends for me.

FIRST... let me acknowledge that being on any of these reality shows opens contestants/people up to blind judgment and scrutiny. The producers and directors are tasked with ratings, and for that reason alone, these shows are edited HEAVILY, showing the audience the parts that will create the most discussion, controversy and online/offline conversation. If, based on what I've been exposed to, I'm too judgmental, uninformed, or ill-advised, my apologies.

SECONDLY... Granted, Jason is a classic man-pig/piece of work. But the only one with self-esteem on the show seemed to be Melissa, showing it by walking off the stage. The real issue for me is that Molly TOOK HIM BACK, making herself the poster child for trying to fix the wrong guy. Where can I send her a complementary copy of The Problem with Women... is Men?

Want more? Check out momlogic's RAW AND UNEDITED interview with Bachelor Jason Mesnick -- only in the momlogic community!

next: Private-sector Payrolls Lose 697,000 Jobs
Kerry March 4, 2009, 12:22 PM

Molly seems to have put herself in a position where it looks okay for men to make a fool out of you but you will still take them back even if they didn’t want you in the first place. She clearly has no class from the immediate display on the couch in front of millions and I say they deserve each other…the only one I am feeling for is his son becuase he has to be subjected to people who have no morals.

Sue March 4, 2009, 1:25 PM

I couldn’t believe he picked Melissa in the first place. It was obvious to me his real connection was with Molly. And, don’t think for a minute Melissa didn’t know what was coming. She walked on stage, braced and ready. She knew. So he really didn’t ambush her; she was on board with the program. It worked out for the best for all. Everyone should relax and take a deep breath — it’s reality TV folks!

SMO March 4, 2009, 1:47 PM

Anyone watching the Final Rose Ceremony would know that Melissa didn’t stand a chance, don’t get me wrong I was 100% behind that amazing woman .. but, the seed of doubt was planted as soon as Molly told Jason that he was making a mistake and that Melissa was not the one for him. I mean, take a good look at his face when she said that - it shows, clear as the nose on his face. Melissa knew exactly what she was doing and what would happen and IT WORKED. She was very conniving and I wouldn’t trust her or Jason, I hope his son grows up to be a better man than his father.

YLR March 4, 2009, 2:06 PM

A great time to plug Steve Harvey’s new book ACT LIKE A LADY, THINK LIKE A MAN..Melissa did the right thing by turning her back and walking away from this pimp and his lady of the night.

YLR March 4, 2009, 2:13 PM

YLR March 4, 2009, 2:14 PM

Mother of Adult Children March 4, 2009, 2:17 PM

Jason deserves to be alone with Ty.Jason is a selfish person.Molly has no self respect of herself.Melissa,she is so much better off at least she is rid of Jason.He did do her that favor.And Deanna made the right choice as well~Jason…you have now chose your path for life..you will get what you need to have coming to you!!!

LRW March 4, 2009, 2:33 PM

I don’t know why Jason is getting such a bad rap? There’s no way to really get to know someone well enough during the short amount of time on the Bachelor or Bachelorette. Jason said he was falling in love with both women and really struggling over which one to chose, and didn’t want to say goodbye to either. He made the wrong choice, realized it after saying goodbye to Molly. Would you rather he married Melissa, had a couple of kids with her and time for Ty to get attached to her, and lived miserably or divorced her? No one wanted to see Melissa go through what she went through, the hurt & humiliation, but better now than later. And who really cares what Trista thinks!

Jackie White March 4, 2009, 2:37 PM

I think Jason got caught up in his agreement with ABC. When he put Molly in the limo he told her he had fallen in love with her early on and to always remember that and looked so painfully upset.

Linda March 4, 2009, 2:43 PM

Trista,

Thanks for posting your thoughts about The Bachelor. You have a right to your opinion as well if not more than most people since you have experienced this yourself.

Andi March 4, 2009, 3:00 PM

My biggest problem with Jason’s handling of the situation was his incredibly warped sense of reality. Seriously, you have been on free fantasy dates for months. Of course no one would fight with each other while on the show, you are all after the same thing. So then, when the show is over and reality sets in, Jason is shocked that the chemistry just isn’t there. I will be shocked if he ever has a healthy marriage. You have to communicate, and part of that is to have a good fight now and then.

af March 4, 2009, 3:46 PM

re: “Sheesh … no class.”
Have you seen the show? The Bachelor (or Bachelorette) grope and kiss on several women/men at the same time (same day/dates). I understand that some people “date” a few people at a time in the real world. But to the extreme that is portrayed on the show, I think is a rare case. Developing any sort of relationship on a sped up reality shooting schedule with cameras, agendas, and drama abound is no place to to start love. “No class” would describe the type of people who go on these shows.

DAVE March 4, 2009, 4:13 PM

JASON-JASON-JASON.. JUST WHEN I STARTED HAVING SOME SYMPATHY FOR AL YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH YOU GO AND DO SOMETHING AS FOOLISH AS A 3RD GRADER! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING>? I WISH YOU THE BEST HOWEVER, I MUST SAY I DONT THINK YOU WILL EVER BE CERTAIN OF ANYTHING EXCEPT THAT YOU ARE UNCERTAIN.
BEST WISHES,
DAVE.

Jack March 4, 2009, 4:16 PM

If you go on a game show looking for love you have to accept the consequences.

Jennifer March 4, 2009, 4:36 PM

Ok, did anyone see deanna now look at melissa! he loves dark hair! he loved melissa’s looks but was in love with molly. He had melissa has his dolly for 6 weeks then went to get molly. I feel bad for melissa but you could she love love between him and molly! she was right for him! i have no idea why he proposed though. that was a bad desicion. But in the end i think he made a wise choice.

Anonymous March 4, 2009, 7:25 PM

SMO - i totally agree!

NYCity Mama March 4, 2009, 7:37 PM

Good Lord…now it’s someone’s FAULT. This is so out of control. Guess what people…I agreed to be someone’s girl and 3 weeks later met my husband and called the whole thing off with the other guy…have been married for over 8 years and have 3 children. IT HAPPENS. The guy was heartbroken, but I consider myself to be a caring, thoughtful, kind person. I met someone else, I fell in love and I went with it. No one’s fault, no “dysfunction” of mine. IT JUST HAPPENS.

Peggy Gorman March 4, 2009, 8:54 PM

One thing I keep thinking about is that Jason and Melissa spent the holidays together. Going from spending a few hours to spending days or weeks,maybe Jason felt there was something missing or they just weren’t clicking.We don’t know what happened durning that time ,but it seems to me that it wasn’t good.Better to end a relationship than to get married ,have Ty get attached to Melissa . That would have been worse.
I do think that it was set up that he chose Melissa,because Molly wasn’t that upset when she left the house.
Its something they have to live with

Anonymous March 4, 2009, 10:53 PM

One thing I would like to say to Jason, YOU A LOSERRR! your not a man enough for melissa your such a baby…drew ann

Chrissy March 4, 2009, 11:40 PM

As SMO 0- stated Molly told Jason he was making a mistake. And when Melissa asked Jason if he’s been”talking” to Molly, Jason didn’t answer. Adn the host only stated that Jason and Molly “hadn’t seen each” for six weeks. Considering Molly’s behavior on set … she didn’t act too surprised or confused. Me thinkth Molly was a wee bit active in the Jason-Melissa break up.