"Bachelor" Blowout -- Is It Molly's Fault?

"After the Final Rose Part Two" revealed it's Molly who may have the problem!

The Bachelor

momlogic's Jenny: I waited with bated breath as the title cards for tonight's "The Bachelor: After the Final Rose Part 2" came on screen. I crossed my fingers that Melissa would come storming out, smack Jason in the face and then tell him he sucked in bed (or some other horribly humiliating thing), as the audience gasped. But alas, it was a recap show telling me what I already know: Molly has very white teeth. Oh, and Jillian is the new "Bachelorette." (OMG. Does she remind you of a Canadian Gidget or what?!)

I agreed with single and overly bronzed mom Stephanie who said that it's better Jason figured this all out now than in a year from now. But Charles Orlando, author of The Problem With Women... Is Men, wasn't as forgiving. He thinks Molly has made herself "the poster child for trying to fix the wrong guy."

Charles Orlando: I'm usually not one to watch a ton of reality TV, but this season's "Bachelor" seemed to have gotten a raw deal on last season's "Bachelorette," so I wanted to see what he was made of. Turns out (if the entire thing wasn't staged) that he's a run-of-the-mill jerk, choosing to humiliate a woman in front of millions.

To recap:

50 roses later, single dad Jason Mesnick dismissed runner-up Molly Malaney and proposed to Dallas sales rep Melissa Rycroft. THEN, on the "Reunion Show" (six weeks later in real-time), Jason backpedaled and told Melissa that he just wasn't that into her, and that he still had feelings for Molly. (You keeping up with this?). Melissa (trying desperately to salvage what was left of her ego) called him a bastard and left the stage. Now, this would be bad enough, in that Jason didn't even have the decency to call things off before humiliating Melissa in front of millions ... no. Molly is then trotted out on stage as the lady du jour, where Jason proclaims his love, and then they make out.

Huh? Did I miss something? His dead engagement to Melissa wasn't even cold yet, and they're groping. Sheesh ... no class. But, that's not where this ends for me.

FIRST... let me acknowledge that being on any of these reality shows opens contestants/people up to blind judgment and scrutiny. The producers and directors are tasked with ratings, and for that reason alone, these shows are edited HEAVILY, showing the audience the parts that will create the most discussion, controversy and online/offline conversation. If, based on what I've been exposed to, I'm too judgmental, uninformed, or ill-advised, my apologies.

SECONDLY... Granted, Jason is a classic man-pig/piece of work. But the only one with self-esteem on the show seemed to be Melissa, showing it by walking off the stage. The real issue for me is that Molly TOOK HIM BACK, making herself the poster child for trying to fix the wrong guy. Where can I send her a complementary copy of The Problem with Women... is Men?

Want more? Check out momlogic's RAW AND UNEDITED interview with Bachelor Jason Mesnick -- only in the momlogic community!

next: Private-sector Payrolls Lose 697,000 Jobs
Lucinda March 6, 2009, 3:14 PM

It’s funny how everyone can judge Jason without being in his shoes.

It’s obvious he cared for two people and he didn’t realize which one he fell for harder until that person wasn’t around. I’ve been there, it’s not an easy decision!!

Best of luck Jason and Molly!!

Sam March 6, 2009, 3:18 PM

I totally agree with Sue, LRW, Jennifer and NYCityMama, good grief people, let him live his life. So he made a mistake, get over it. Better that he break it off now than later. Let it go already! Best Wishes to him and Molly, I hope all goes well with them.

And for the record if anybody was really watching, Melissa absolutely knew what was going on beforehand: 1-she wasn’t even wearing the ring, and 2-if she didn’t know, why wasn’t she excited to see him, where was the “happy-to-see-you” kiss, when she first came out, there was a very cold hug!

Melissa also has moved on and already has a boyfriend, wasn’t that kind of fast? People, let it go already!
In the long run, how important is this to your lives? It’s just entertainment.

Gayle March 6, 2009, 3:22 PM

AMEN, Lucinda!!!

christy Cosgrove March 6, 2009, 4:22 PM

Jason obviously liked both of these women but the reason he picked Melissa was because his family took to Melissa more than Molly. My pick was Melissa for him but always felt he was more into Molly. I think he went with Melissa because he wanted to please his family but then realized he better do what his heart really wanted not what his family wanted for him.

Kathy  March 6, 2009, 4:41 PM

I think this whole bit was a tad disturbing. How can you be with 25 women and decide which one you really want. Jason is a jerk obviously and has no concept of reality. If he loved Molly he should never have proposed to Melissa. I feel sorry for her, but she actually got the best end of the deal.
Molly on the other hand will always wonder when he is going to dump her.
Jason is like a kid in a candy store and I don’t think he will ever be satisfied. Hopefully he won’t ever be on the Bachelor again. I doubt that I’ll watch next season after this fiasco.
Why not meet women the old fashioned way, like every one else does! Jason will get what he deserves and I hope it hits him hard.

mema March 6, 2009, 6:14 PM

He is a fool Melissa is a sweeter girl and much much prettier.. A bunch of us are so disgusted that we will not even watch the show anymore.. If he knew it was Melissa all along it should of stayed melissa. How can you fall in love with 2 people.. Jason you get what you deserve and lost something really really gorgeaus.

TX March 6, 2009, 6:41 PM

Jason— what a loser he knew what it felt like to be dumped on National TV so he does it to Melissa? That was such a big man Jason

Molly—Of course he wants you you sit on his little brain wearing hardly nothing on National TV. I hope TY never gets to see Stepmom in action. and what are you telling the young girls of America? Use sex to get your man? and try to have some restraint, and act like you have some pride.. you are the second choice and you still want to hang on him and act like his tramp. Good for Ty uh Jason

Molly—- you dont need to be tied down with him he was looking for a babysitter anyway. it was always all about how the girl would fit HIS life. You are the lucky one and thank you for not undressing and sitting on him :) Should have slapped him though

Chrissy March 6, 2009, 6:51 PM

when Jason dumps Molly, I want to be able to tell her its ok to be selfish in love. Show some class Molly, try to act like you have a little bit of class. Perfect name for this couple would be Loser and the Tramp!!!!!!!!!
Jason, Now its time to stop showing up on every TV show and magazine and go home to you child. THIS IS NOT HELPING US TO FEEL SORRY FOR EITHER ONE OF YOU… lOSERS DESERVE LOSERS GO HOME JASON WE ARE SICK OF YOU LIES

Misty March 7, 2009, 4:10 PM

People so easily judge when they have no idea what happened after the cameras stopped rolling.

The show forces people to make decisions under a time constraint they normally would not do in real life.

Jason was not really ready to make a choice, but had to because of show pressure (legal contracts or not).

Could he have not given Melissa the rose after saying goodbye to Molly? Heck no!! He did not have time to process his feelings…the cameras and contracts were in place and on and he had to follow through.

Give him a break and remember, this fantasy show is NOT their real lives, where they can make informed decisions!

Kathie March 7, 2009, 6:26 PM

The design of the show makes it difficult to find “one” who will be your partner in life. I think everyone has a right to experience love and if they have a change of heart, well that is how life is. I wish we would just let Jason, Molly, and Melissa live their lives without our “input to make them unhappy”. Melissa has someone else in her life, Jason and Molly need to decide what is best for them. For the media to go into Jason’s divorce decree makes me sad. Choices that aren’t pleasing occured in many areas. Jason and Molly…please go about your lives and I wish you happiness together. The only opinions that count are yours! I am 59 and have learned to not pay attention to “comments” from those who aren’t in your shoes. What happened happened but to me all can be forgiven!

Flower March 7, 2009, 7:56 PM

I have the impression that Molly hadn’t given up on pursuing Jason after the show had ended. She most likely made alot of contacts with him to ultimately brainwashed him to get him back. Not wanting to be the next Bachlorette, she worked extra hard in the final two weeks in getting him back. I think he did this behind Melissa’s back and it’s not fair to her after thinking that she’s now engaged and will spend the rest of her life with him. Molly should not have done this to Melissa and Jason should have a head on his shoulder by saying no to Molly’s advances.

stella March 12, 2009, 4:11 AM

Anyone who has ever been so breathtakingly in love and made a wrong choice only to have the chance to right that wrong clearly understands what really happened in the end with M and J and M. I’ve been there and never had the chance and am 10 years into a passionless marriage. Yeay for all of them, Mel seems very happy now so stop crying over her. bless them all with their futures.

LSK March 31, 2009, 3:38 PM

So much venom! It’s a reality show people, get a grip. Now what I think about it all…Jason did the right thing. Unfortunately, he picked the one he liked on ‘paper’. She had the look he liked, she was his type, but the true depth of feeling wasn’t there and eventually (IN THE REAL WORLD) it became obvious to him. Don’t think for a minute that Melissa didn’t know he was breaking up with her or that Molly knew what was going on. She was like a deer in the headlights when Jason asked her to give him another chance. Melissa’s line about him not fighting for her…well what’s there to fight for when you don’t feel it? All in all Jason did the right thing, and I wish Molly and him the best.