I Will Boycott OctoMom Reality Show!

Here's why I WON'T tune in.

nadya suleman on tv behind a disgusted woman

Diane Mizota: I will not be watching any OctoMom reality show. Don't get me wrong, I am a dirty reality TV whore. It's my total guilty pleasure, and the dirtier the better as far as I'm concerned. As soon as my toddler is asleep, there's nothing I love more than sitting down for some sweet, sweet lovin' with my favorite cast of reality characters. Aubrey from "Making the Band"? Heidi and Spencer? Tom Colicchio, the Bachelor and Bret Michaels? Come to Mama. Reality TV is a warm, welcoming bath for my brain where I can escape into crazyland for an hour or two. There are no diapers on "Flavor of Love." At least not children's.

Seeing the circus that is OctoMom's life wouldn't entertain me, it would just make me sad. I already can't escape her tragic dance with the media, so why would I want to watch a show where she milks her 15 minutes at the expense of her already neglected kids? They have no say in the matter, and their exploitation for money and fame is just repulsive. I don't want to feel responsible for the years of therapy that could be waiting down the line for them. If I wanted to see something tragic and depressing, I'd just look at my stock portfolio after putting my son to bed.

Momlogic came up with 8 reality show ideas for OctoMom. Here's another: How about a competition to find adoptive parents for her babies? Can't you just see it now? "Who Wants to Adopt an Octokid?" Oh, I'm sure the folks at Fox and VH1 are already ahead of me on this ... but hey, if those kids end up with loving parents who provide for them and don't parade them around freak show circus style, then I think we could be onto something ...

See Also:

next: The Phone Call Every Mom Should Make
Jill March 9, 2009, 5:13 PM

I couldn’t agree more!!!

Cristina Mathers March 9, 2009, 6:26 PM

i feel like i wrote this myself! well said.

The Mother March 9, 2009, 7:34 PM

As will I.

jaime lee castro March 9, 2009, 7:45 PM

all i have to say is that i am so fed up of hearing about. she acts like if the publicity bothers her,but you can see that she is just looking for fame. especially when she said that she would not mind meeting with Oprah(just like jon&kate did). also it seems like she is trying to be like them. she needs to realize these are babies and kids that she has to give her love and attention to. instead of trying so hard to gain fame. good luck to you, octomom

Sherri March 9, 2009, 10:47 PM

Are you serious?! She is REALLY trying to go there… ohh lord! I know the lady needs help but my goodness! No I WOULD NOT watch the show… Jon & Kate just wanted ONE more child, that would have equaled 3 if that is what the Lord chose! But that didn’t happen… this lady already had SIX very healthy children already that she couldn’t even take care of! I just feel bad I guess… I wish her nothing but the best but will NOT support her or her show whatsoever!!!

kelly March 9, 2009, 10:53 PM

Are you kidding me…this woman has no idea what reality really is with 6 kids let alone 8 babies. As a mother of one plus triplets I can tell you this is no easy task mentally and physically. She is going to end up in the mental hospital she worked at IF she does not belong there already…”What was she thinking????”

Julie March 9, 2009, 10:57 PM

I totally agree. I wouldn’t want anyone thinking that by tuning in, I support what she and her fertility doctor chose to do. Besides, it would make me sick to see what the woman is doing to these babies she “loves” by putting them in a domestic situation she couldn’t possibly handle. Think about each individual child… What must it be like for Mommy to have NO individual time for you? EVER.

redmum March 10, 2009, 7:43 AM

Gather up the villagers we got us a witch hunt.

autismomma March 10, 2009, 10:10 AM

You really wouldn’t watch? I would like to say I wouldn’t but I know I wouldn’t be able to help myself and would have to take at least a glance at that train wreck.

christy March 10, 2009, 10:14 AM

I am in total shock, and angry that a single mother without a job, who has 6 children, would even think of having more..never mind 8 ..how reckless , on every level.My take on her is that she is loving every minute of this attention, and has many “issues”..i do think she is highly manipualative, and I do think she has had a plan all along.This is just so sad,.

Jet March 10, 2009, 12:06 PM

I want to say this:
I HATE, HATE, HATE OCTOMOM.
It’s not fair what she has done. I feel soo bad about all the other people out there who need help and won’t get it, that I am going to go out right now and give money to some womens shelter or volunteer my time, or mentor a single mother, anything, anything, give anywhere as long as its far, far, away and romoved from Octofreak.

Carrie March 10, 2009, 5:39 PM

I am with you Diane. I won’t judge octomom but I sure don’t want her and her litter on my TV.

Anonymous March 11, 2009, 3:11 PM

Hey, check out Aubrey O’Day being punched in American High School. http://www.dijit.com/dijits/ahs/ahs/

a mom in Los Angeles March 16, 2009, 9:26 PM

To the everyone who defends this malignant narcissist and megalomaniac:

As a California tax payer I think I’ve earned the right to judge her and despise her since I’ve been putting food on her table and a roof over her head for YEARS.

It’s frustrating and crazy-making to work full time and watch an unemployed, tax-payer-supported leech on society bring her kids to Disneyland, get plastic surgeries, get her nails done on a regular basis and buy a half million dollar house!! ARGH!

Jessi March 23, 2009, 5:59 PM

I could not agree more Diane! And the saddest part is the children will suffer at the expense of their “parent”. A term which I use loosely…because popping out some kids doesn’t make you a parent. being a parent means that you are there to fulfill the needs of the child not that they are there to fulfill YOUR needs! SHAME ON YOU NADIA…..capitalizing on your children….just disgusting

Jordan March 31, 2009, 5:39 AM

As another California taxpayer, I think I’ve earned the right to say that I don’t appreciate that while she’s out buying a half-million dollar home, having her nails done, going to Disneyland, etc that California taxpayers are still being billed by Kaiser. Aren’t people who have that kind of money (assets) too rich to qualify for Medi-Cal, foodstamps, etc. So, why are we still being billed is what I’d like to know??? This is so insane and worst of all, there’s these 14 children. I for one, am replete with sadness everytime I listen to Nadya and what’s going on in the homes of these children.

Linda Vans April 13, 2009, 4:18 PM

I feel sorry for the babies, but they ought to be taken away and put up for adoption. Anyone who can’t afford to bring kids into the world and lets herself have a litter that size belongs in an asylum - or in a box under the stairs. Those kids should be placed with parents that want children and can’t have their own. I won’t be watching the show. I can’t even stand to look at her freakish face.

tami denson April 21, 2009, 4:18 AM

i will not watch the show or give her money.i think all 14 kids should be taken from her. u no she judt got pregnant for the money and fame.
what will she to to the children or for the children when she doesn’t get the fame and money she felt was her do.she was already writing checks she couldn’t cash.boycott her people.set a message to the little girls growing up and want to be just like her, have a litter, and then become famous and rich, forget about college and u don’t even need to be married.

Tina April 21, 2009, 12:21 PM

Not only will I boycott the show, I will boycott any sponsor of the show. I think to give this woman a reality show would be a slap in the face of the american public who has paid for all of this and you know she is not going to pay medicaid back for the hospital bill.

Shelly April 29, 2009, 3:36 PM

What I dont understand is she hurt her back at work and was to hurt to work so thats why she was getting disabilty payments right if your back is to hurt to work then how the hell can you pop out 8 babies? I WILL NOT WATCH HER SHOW!!!!! AND I WILL DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO BOYCOTT IT!!!