Bristol Palin "Devastated" Over Split with Levi

The honeymoon never started for Bristol Palin and her beau. The teen dad has confirmed that their engagement is off.

Bristol Palin, Levi Johnston

Levi Johnston confirmed to The Associated Press that he and 18-year-old Bristol mutually decided "a while ago" to end their relationship. The 19-year-old Johnston declined to elaborate. In her own statement to the AP, Bristol says she is "devastated."

The two are the parents to their nearly 3-month-old son Tripp, who was born December 27. In an interview that aired on FOX News last month, Bristol said her then fiance saw the baby every day and described him as a "hands-on" dad. The two had said they were considering a summer wedding. So much for that.

Bristol's mother, Alaska governor Sarah Palin, revealed her daughter's pregnancy days after being named John McCain's running mate.

next: Ex-financier Madoff Pleads Guilty to All Charges
Anonymous March 11, 2009, 10:01 PM

Hey at least good ol Sarah didn’t make them get married to save her image when Bristol got pregnant!

KYJurisDoctor March 11, 2009, 11:52 PM

I guess with thoughts of moving to Washington, D. C. all but LOST, SILLY Sarah Failin’ and her family finally figured it was time to end the CHARADE, and NOW is as good a time as ever! OsiSpeaks[dot]com

partsfinder March 12, 2009, 12:42 AM

To have a mother in law who could be the Vice President, sounds good I’ll marry her daughter. Oops nothing in it for me. I’m not getting married. Shows the type of man Levi is. A Big Jerk looking for benefits. Maybe he’ll get a job shoveling crap. because he sure is full of it.

Debbie March 12, 2009, 1:09 AM

Bristol just salvaged her life. Too bad Chris Brown won’t “dump” Rihanna….

Anonymous March 12, 2009, 1:49 AM

Here’s the thing…NONE of us knows what it is like to be the Palin’s. Honestly would you want to be in thier shoes with the whole world watching you and judging you. There are so many girls out there sooo much younger than her daughter having babies but no one says anything about that. It is WAY to easy to judge people. Let them be them and enjoy the innocent person in all of this…that sweet baby boy! :)

Chrissy March 12, 2009, 2:13 AM

Once I heard that Bristol and Levi weren’t getting married until after the birth of the baby, despite they’re being in love and were in a serious committed relationship, I knew it wasn’t going to happen.

Duane March 12, 2009, 7:44 AM

I still see clueless in Bristol Palin’s eyes. Levi is a young man and should continue to focus on his future with his child and not have Sarah and her husband leading him on. If its meant for them to be a married couple it should be on Levi’s terms.

Anonymous March 12, 2009, 10:01 AM

Is anyone here actually surprised by this?

Anonymous March 12, 2009, 1:23 PM

These two were never actually getting married. This was her sad mothers way of saving face during the campaign.

cheapviagra3919 August 30, 2010, 11:28 AM
3 peaks challenge March 6, 2011, 4:21 PM

A really good set of info which I will be certainly coming back to read again. Thanks very much to all those who contribute.

Kelvin Dambrosia March 29, 2011, 8:05 PM

Very good written story. It will be valuable to everyone who utilizes it, including myself. Keep doing what you are doing - i will definitely read more posts.

Alphonso Belous March 30, 2011, 7:25 AM

There is apparently a lot to know about this. I think you made certain good points in features also.

erotizm April 3, 2011, 3:57 PM

I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again since exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.

Mervin Scruton April 6, 2011, 8:42 AM

Very efficiently written post. It will be valuable to everyone who utilizes it, as well as yours truly :). Keep up the good work - can’r wait to read more posts.

esky helicopter April 8, 2011, 9:06 AM

Well written! It would be superb when you followed up on this topic. Regards!

Bild April 8, 2011, 5:22 PM

I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

og April 8, 2011, 8:26 PM

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate?