Camp Insanity

It's camp sign-up time again! No longer content to sit around and roast s'mores -- kids today demand extreme adventure for your camping dollar.

Used to be, back in the day, going away to camp meant one thing: sleeping in a tent. Now, jaded kids expect more out of their camping experience than singing "Kumbaya" and swatting at mosquitoes.

1) Money 101 Camp
We know we're in a recession but this ridiculous. According to the Money 101 website, during their stay campers get to "consider their options for earning, saving, investing." Good times! Maybe Mr. Banks from Mary Poppins will talk to the kids about the value of tuppence.

2) Spy Camp
The official Web site says it teaches "physical skills, teamwork and critical thinking within the framework of the exciting field of espionage." Useful for those kids who want to use code breaking, surveillance techniques and undercover maneuvers to spy on their siblings.
3) Summer Explosives Camp
If your kid's a pyromaniac, this camp is for him (or her). The Web site says the schedule includes such fun activities as "How to prime and shoot dynamite" and "How to set up and shoot off a fireworks display." Be sure to impress upon kids when they return home "What happens at Explosives Camp stays at Explosives Camp!"
4) Ted Nugent Kamp for Kids
If you want to send your kid off to a camp named after a guy who said "I'm Ted F**ckin' Nugent!" on VH1's Behind the Music, that's your perogative. Promotional materials says it's "Your chance to give the love of bowhunting and archery to a child... a love that will start with their first bull's-eye and never end."

5) Hollywood Stunt Camp
Hurling themselves off 40-foot buildings and platforms might be a dream come true for those kids who worship action heroes like Jean-Claude Van Damme, but for moms who worry their kid might get a splinter whittlin' at a regular camp, this one is not for you.

6) Wagon Train Camp
The Old West comes alive as campers sleep in real covered wagons, eat in the Outpost, and purchase items from the Trading Post. Hopefully, it doesn't offer the more realistic fare that befell the real pioneers like saddle sores and dysentery.

next: Baby's First ... Hair Gel?!
Randy Morningstar February 26, 2011, 6:57 PM

Thanks so much for this distinct article;this is the words that keeps me going through my day. I have been searching around for this site after I heard about them from a colleague and was pleased when I was able to find it after searching for long time. Being a demanding blogger, I’m glad to see others taking initivative and contributing to the community. I just wanted to comment to show my appreciation for your website as it’s very enticing, and many writers do not get appreciation they deserve. I am sure I’ll be back and will recommend to my friends.

Mina Aldapa February 27, 2011, 8:53 AM

Thanks very much for this intelligent post;this is the words that keeps me awake through out the day. I’ve been looking around for your site after asked to visit them from a colleague and was pleased when I found it after searching for long time. Being a avid blogger, I’m cheerful to see others taking initivative and contributing to the community. Just wanted to comment to show my appreciation for your page as it is very enticing, and many bloggers do not get credit they deserve. I am sure I’ll be back and will send some of my friends.

Shelby Mcglothern March 3, 2011, 8:23 PM

Thanks so much for your flawless page;this is the kind of thing that keeps me awake through my day. I’ve been looking around for this site after being referred to them from a buddy and was pleased when I was able to find it after searching for awhile. Being a avid blogger, I’m blessed to see others taking initivative and contributing to the community. Just wanted to comment to show my appreciation for your work as it is very enticing, and many bloggers do not get credit they deserve. I am sure I’ll visit again and will send some of my friends.

Imogene Malmquist March 7, 2011, 11:01 PM

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the net the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

Sherry Wigley April 1, 2011, 4:23 PM

Many thanks very a great deal for the purpose of this brilliant website; this is the stuff of which may keep us on track through out my morning. I have also been looking all-around to get this site just after asked to visit these people from your buddy and has been pleased after i found the item soon after on the lookout for long time. Being a demanding doodlekit, We’re glad to check out many others taking initivative together with resulting in the community. I would like in order to brief review to indicate your approval in your post mainly because it’s rather challenging to do, several writers avoid getting authorization people ought to have. More than likely Let me drop by again and definately will send some of your good friends.

Scott Gilani April 4, 2011, 7:48 AM

Thanks a lot so significantly for the purpose of this downright article; this is actually the words that will keep my family awake through the working day. I have ended up looking around for the purpose of your website right after I heard about these folks in a buddy along with was pleased as i was able to find the item subsequent to in search of long time. Being demanding blogger, Now i am cheerful to see other people getting initivative as well as increasing the city. Just wanted to help thought to exhibit great appreciation for one’s post for the reason that it is incredibly interesting, a lot of bloggers don’t end up being authorization individuals are entitled to. Most likely Let me drop by again and will spread the word to my best contacts.

Alden Miner May 23, 2011, 5:43 AM

Me too, tyvm for sharing this..