Casey Anthony: I DID NOT Commit A Crime

The mystery of how Casey Anthony pays her dream team continues.

baez-anthony.jpg

Anthony's defense attorney filed an affidavit Tuesday as part of his objection to a prosecution request to find out where Anthony is getting money to fund her defense.

Anthony, in a sworn affidavit, accuses prosecutors of digging into her legal fees because they are "angry because I have refused to take a plea agreement for a crime that I did not commit."

Anthony denies she has any agreements to sell her story or "that of my daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony."

Baez has remained tight-lipped on how he and his colleagues will be paid. It certainly won't be coming from any savings Casey has -- she's never been gainfully employed.

But Baez has claimed he has "absolutely no book deals or entertainment deals ... of any kind with anyone." If Baez has made any book or movie rights related to the case, prosecutors said the arrangement could be "fraught with potential conflict of interest" and would give Casey Anthony grounds to ask for another costly trial -- something the state of Florida is not keen to do.

How do you think Casey Anthony is paying for her legal counsel?

sworn.jpg

Boyfriend Wiretap Casey Cries Casey Interview Casey Texts
Meter Reader Hoover Interview Redacted Statements Text Messages

See Also:

next: It's a Boy for Anne Heche!
Abigaele March 11, 2009, 8:13 PM

“Mr. Ashton is angry” so he’s getting ‘even’ with her? That sounds so juvenile - even for her.

She thinks she getting off Scott free, doesn’t she? Does she realize where she is, what she’s up against and the professionalism of the persons asking the questions of her defense?

Doesn’t she realize this is ALL ABOUT making sure SHE has a FAIR TRIAL?

Was L.E. angry and that’s why they arrested her? Was the judge angry at her and that’s why she is incarcerated?

Are her ex-friends angry which would explain why they’ve come forward with their experiences of mistruths with her?

Was Target angry with her? Was the bank angry with her?

When is she going to take responsibility for her actions?

Just as she feared when Caylee lived, it IS about Caylee - this isn’t about Casey Anthony. This is about seeking the truth and justice for the murder of her 2 year old daughter.

white oleander March 11, 2009, 8:33 PM

casey is so full of herself…..she and JB are both idiots….every day they prove it….can’t wait to hear what the judge says tomorrow….does anyone know what time the hearing is??

Sally March 11, 2009, 9:13 PM

I’m not surprised that Casey said the state was asking how she was paying for her attorneys because they were angry she wouldn’t take a plea and admit she was guilty to a crime she “did not commit.” The state says they never offered her a formal plea. I think it’s hilarious that every time the state files a motion Casey and Jose don’t like, they always react that the state is persecuting Casey Anthony. Such hog wash. Judges always ask both sides to talk to see if they can resolve it with a plea to save the cost of a trial. Of course, Casey thinks of no one but herself and will maintain her innocence up to her dying breath. I wish the state would re-instate the death penalty and that day would be sooner than later.

mak March 11, 2009, 10:25 PM

I agree with Abigaele, White Oleander and Sally. She really thinks she is going to get out!

Stacy March 11, 2009, 10:51 PM

If Casey’s parents and brother stopped making pretend that they believe in Casey’s lies about what happened to Caylee, Casey would crumble and finally tell the truth.The Anthony family confuses “supporting” Casey with “ENABLING” Casey. Her family needs to confront Casey,and tell her that they know that she murdered Caylee and that they have known for some time.That will relieve Casey of her fear of them finding out she killed her daughter.Casey is so afraid to admit it to them, especially to admit it to Cindy, whom she fears most.Her family holds the one and only key to Casey admitting what she did to Caylee.That’s why Casey won’t take a plea deal.She dreads how her family will react, because she thinks she has tricked them into believing that the “nanny” did it.George, Cindy and Lee,I hope you are reading this!

JD March 12, 2009, 12:53 AM

DREAM TEAM? If ever accused of a crime, I surely will NOT ‘dream’ of hiring a lawyer that graduated from a bottom-tier law school & took EIGHT YEARS to pass the bar exam!

Baez went to St. Thomas (ranked 182nd in a field of 185 US law schools), Class of 1993, and didn’t pass the bar exam until 2005.

Worse still, Baez thinks “disjustice” is a word!

He is an inarticulate disgrace to the profession! (AND he wears shoe lifts!)

so immature Casey March 12, 2009, 2:40 AM

Abigaele,C.M.A. is in fact…IMMATURE! GASP!juvenile my butt,IMMATURE,yes. Anyways I say J.B. is getting some good times from C.M.A.She smiles at him,she’d rather see J.B. instead of her family,heck they’ve even hugged each other.

Line 7 March 12, 2009, 2:46 AM

Her handwritting is ugly and ungracefull.Her signature is that of an immature drunk girl.

Laurie March 12, 2009, 5:18 AM

Look at that statement she signed - I did not sell my “story” - oh, yeah, but I sold pictures, I sold interviews, I sold everything else to pay for my dream team but I did not sell my “story” -
Oh, my, this keeps getting stranger and stranger.

Bungalow Babe March 12, 2009, 8:13 AM

This case had fascinated and horrified everyone following it…yet I have to say that at this point, I am utterly disgusted with this sickening skank, her stupid, unprofessional attorney and that pathetic family.

It is glaringly obvious that Baez has had some level of inappropriate contact with that baby-killer, that there is plenty to suspect in terms of how Casey will pay her defense team, that the question of Caylee’s paternity is still a red flag and that Cindy Anthony is a kind of monster.

What a dishonor to the memory of Caylee Anthony this whole thing has been! From the phony “missing child” charade staged by the family that suspected her death from the moment the stinking car was found…to the disgusting memorial service in her memory…it makes one shudder.

I used to be against the death penalty but that was before I got a chance to watch a murderer believe they could get away with their deed.

Casey deserves to spend a long time on death row contemplating the minute her rotten soul leaves her body and she begins her journey to hell.

While Caylee can watch from heaven, surrounded by angels and the other children, similarly murdered by their parents.

jodi March 12, 2009, 8:42 AM

I can’t believe that the public is buying this crap from the prosecutor and Nancy Grace. We all heard early on that Casey was offered a plea deal if she would tell them where Caylee was. There clearly was at least that one offer by the prosecutor for a plea deal and yes she did refuse it. Why the prosecutor is angry, and I believe he is, is because he is going to look like a fool when the lack of any forensic evidence linking Casey to the murder is shown to a jury. I expect this prosecutor to push untill court and then he is likely to back off because he is going to look like a fool…….

Stacey March 12, 2009, 8:47 AM

Cindy,George and Lee are clearly afraid of revealing the identity of Caylee’s Father.Coupled with the fact that Cindy wanted Caylee to call her “Mommy”.Even at the memorial Cindy said” my 3 children.If Cindy is “Mommy” of 3, then it’s a no brainer who “Daddy” could likely be.That could explain why George called himself a LOSER in his suicidal text messages to his family,even a good reason for George to contemplate suicide since the identity will most definitely be revealed at the trial,plus the reason why Casey’s family feels so sorry for her (always saying that Casey is a victim).If George is the Father, it would certainly explain why Casey is so deeply screwed up!It sadly would explain why Casey murdered her own child.Jose Baez always says”wait until the trial,you will see that Casey is a victim too!”That could mean that he is sure the jury will show compassion for Casey once they learn that her own Father is Caylee’s Father.It certainly makes one wonder. We will have to wait and see, once the trial begins.

Give me a break March 12, 2009, 9:01 AM

You know something is very wrong.I’m not saying I know this to be true,but Lee and Casey are really close,to close.This whole family is telling lie after lie.You know they can’t be this stupid.Why are they lying for her.Maybe there is a big family secrect.Maybe Lee is Caylee’s dad.Maybe Casey is holding it over the family,and to keep her quite they are going along with everything she saids.I mean come on she has to have something over these people they can’t be this stupid.They all are hiding something.I watched Nancy Grace last night and Lee refused to give the father’s name of little Caylee.Whats the big deal? Something is not right,why would they want to hide this information,and why has nobody came forward and claimed to be Caylee’s father.You know she said at some point her father was dead,but his parents said that was not true.And why did she not get any child support from anybody,if the father was dead Casey would have drawn Social Security on Caylee. We all know how selfish she was and she stole money from her own grandparents.You know if she could have gotten money out of anyone she would have.It’s just a thought!

sheila March 12, 2009, 9:11 AM

Stacey: The DNA test proved that Lee was not the Father of Caylee so now you think George is??????????hahaha Do you really not comprehend the stress that this family is under given their granddaughter is dead after she was missing for 6 months? And Cindy ran a household with 2 adult children and one 2 year old granddaughter. I have no problem with her saying she has 3 kids. I have 2 myself and many times I have said that I have 3 with my husband being the most childish.

sheila March 12, 2009, 9:18 AM

Give me a break March 12, 2009, 9:28 AM

Shelia,Thank u for clearing that up about Lee,I did’nt know that he was cleared.But I have to say I agree with Stacey.I know the family is under alot of stress but this family is hiding something.Look Caylee had things with her from her home.This Family cannot believe Zanny the nanny grabbed caylee from the park and she left with her holding onto all these things.You know they know there is not two Zanny the nannies.The one that sued Casey is not the right one.I don’t care how much stress they are under there is no way they truely believe her.She’s got something on them.I don’t think Cindy said she had 3 children because she felt George was like her child.There is something wrong.

Lisa Smith March 12, 2009, 9:43 AM

My guess,
george or lee anthony one is the father of this child, that explains the sheer hate between casey and cindy,
and the need for covering the truth, and not to mention, george had a college fund for caylee, before the sleez-ball stole that too.

ANGELA March 12, 2009, 9:53 AM

jODI U NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU THINK cASEY IS INNOCENT.THEY HAVE ALOT OF EVIDENCE ON HER.JUST HER LIES ALONE CONVICT HER.iF SHE DID’NT HAVE ANYTHING TO HIDE SHE WOULD’NT HAVE TO LIE.NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND COULD THINK SHE WAS INNOCENT.WHAT ABOUT THE CAR,HAIR IN THE TRUNK,THAT OF CAYLEE’S AND IT WAS PROVEN TO HAVE COME FROM A DECOMPOSING BODY.THE BODY FARM CONFIRMING THERE WAS A DEAD BODY IN THE TRUNK OF HER CAR. I SUPPOSE ZANNY STOLE HER CAR TO AT THE PARK AND CASEY WATCHED AND DID NOTHING.ZANNY TOOK CAYLEE FROM THE PARK,CASEY DID’NT SCREAM OR DO ANYTHING BECAUSE ZANNY WOULD HURT HER FAMILY.IF MY CHILD WAS BEING TAKEN YOU BETTER BELIEVE I WOULD DO WHATEVER IT TOOK TO CHASE HER DOWN AND GRAB HER.I GUESS ZANNY WALKED TO THE PARK CASEY GAVE HER THE KEYS TO HER CAR,WHILE SHE WAS KIDNAPPING CAYLEE.SHE’S GULITY AND HER LAWYER KNOWS SHE IS.

Sheila March 12, 2009, 9:54 AM

Give me a break: Obviously Cindy was referring to Casey, Lee and Caylee as her 3 kids. So what if one is a grandkid when Cindy was the one caring for her most of the time. As for Zannie the nannie, I think we may find that someone else used the name Zannie and possibly they are connected to a prostitute ring. Casey has been photographed in bars and I do know that alcohol companies pay girls her age to be in the bar or to pass out free samples of alcohol. These jobs pay $15.00/hour and up. My daughter has done some in Boston and been paid as a model up to $150/hour to pass out alcohol samples. The lower priced jobs many times are paid in cash. It is possible that the trashy company Casey kept has set her up or perhaps she stole from the wrong person. Look at the Haleigh Cummings case and it appears that the Father believes she was stolen due to something he did. Casey may also have a big sugar daddy paying for her defense. when the media is all over you and making claims that are clearly false like Nancy Grace and Leonard claiming Lee was the Father…..no comment from them when Lee’s DNA proved he is not the Father or their claim that Casey’s finger print was on the duct tape when it clearly is not……..oh yea, I would not give any info to the media including who the father is. As for SS benifits or welfare, I don’t know Florida rules but know in Massachusettes that if your daughter is preg before 18, the parents must pay and not the food stamps or welfare.

jodi March 12, 2009, 10:12 AM

Lisa: If George was the Father, first the DNA tests would already indicate such and that is doubtfull. Lee’s DNA test clears him. But if George was the Father then why do you think Cindy would not let Casey abort the fetus? sorry but a lot of folks are being misled by Nancy Grace.

ANGELA: The one hair similar to Caylee’s found in the trunk has only a “possible” death band and will never be in front of the jury which is why the prosecutor releases these things to the media…….tainting the jury pool is the prosecutor’s only chance. The lab results only confirm that something organic was decomposing in the trunk but Dr. Henry Lee will explain on the stand that a dirty diaper from the 2 year old and a wet bathing suit from swimming in a cholorinated pool would produce the same results as well as a dead animal. I read early on that Casey believed the child was on vaca with the nannie in the beginning and when she did not return then Casey began looking while claiming she was being threatened with the lives of her family. Untill the defense speaks at trial, we know nothing.