Casey Anthony Turns 23

Casey Anthony turns 23-years-old today. Plus, there's talk of removing Caylee's roadside memorial.

change-of-venue.jpg
It's Casey Anthony's birthday today but it's doubtful Anthony, charged with first degree murder, is doing much celebrating. Jail officials say Anthony, who turns 23, will get no special treatment to mark the event -- which means no cake unless it's already on the jail menu. No family members have made plans to visit her -- only attorney Jose Baez is slated to stop by.

In another example of those trying to capitalizing on the tragic case, one website has been offering birthday cards to send to Casey. According to the site, they "will be mailed to Casey with your birthday wishes to her." It's doubtful Anthony would be pleased to receive the cards with such sentiments as "Happy Birthday Casey! Have Fun Hitting the Bars" -- which refers to her penchant for local nightclubs.

caylee-memorial.jpg
Ironically, Casey's birthday has become the day talk of removing Caylee's roadside memorial has begun. Since December 11th, a pile of stuffed animals, cards and candles has been growing on Suburban Drive where the toddler's remains were found. There's a certain ambivalence many feel to taking down the memorial. "I feel like if they take it down it's disrespectful to Caylee," says one mom who paid her respects, "but on the other hand I think its proximity to the Hidden Oaks Elementary School is a problem. I wouldn't want my kids see the memorial everyday. I wouldn't want them to be freaked out by it. "

There been an online petition circulating to change the name of the street and nearby Hidden Oaks Elementary School in honor of Caylee.

Do you think it's time to take down the memorial?

sworn.jpg

Boyfriend Wiretap Casey Cries Casey Interview Casey Texts
Meter Reader Hoover Interview Redacted Statements Text Messages

Casey Anthony Photo Bucket

New photos of Casey Anthony

See Also:

next: Lisa Rinna Begs for a Job?!
angela March 19, 2009, 5:23 PM

yeah for her,her daughter will never turn 23!!!! Lock her up throw away the key.Better yet tape her mouth shut with duct tape throw her in a garabge bag and toss her along the side of the road just like she did Caylee.

MrRealist March 19, 2009, 5:44 PM

agree 100% angela.
and she still writes that she did not commit the crime in a sworn affidavit on 3/10/09.
Casey is a remorseless, lying killer and should pay the ultimate price of death. She commited premeditated murder of her only daughter. and Caylee never even got to her 3rd Birthday. This poor excuse for a human being is right where she belongs until October, then she will be strapped in for the ride that she deserves….

Sally March 19, 2009, 5:55 PM

My birthday wish for you Casey is that you get the lethal injection before you turn 30. If that wish doesn’t come true, I hope you spend many more birthdays just like today behind glass with guards watching your every move and feeling sorry for yourself because your freedom has been taken away from you. At least you can breath, eat and go to the toilet. That’s more than I can say for your toddler whom you slaughtered and then threw out in a garbage bag with the trash. I hope Caylee’s ghost haunts you every night.

aubie09 March 19, 2009, 6:03 PM

Regardless I’m sorry Casey’s whole life is now played out night after night on Nancy “Devil Re-Incarnated” Grace. The sunshine law is bs and there should have been a gag order on this case from the get-go; it just shows that too much sun is bad for you!! The Orlando PD looks like a bunch of toddlers on a play yard. If this case was so easy to solve then it should have been over and done with long ago. I wonder if the family will get any of the money Jane Mitchell, Mark HLN anchorman, and Grace are making off of her? Besides Grace couldn’t even apologize for getting the Duke case wrong or for Melinda Duckett and her family – that’s the true crime and deserves the vengeance wraith people are throwing at the Anthony’s.

TopCat March 19, 2009, 6:13 PM

I read a story this morning about Casey having to spend her birthday in jail and how we should show compassion by sending her a card. I’ve prayed long and hard for Caylee and the entire family. No way would I send Casey a card. Her attorney will be with her today. That’s all she needs.

Helen B. March 19, 2009, 6:20 PM

Personally, Casey is spending her birthday right where she should be. She likes motels so much, she has a perfect one in the Gray Bar Motel room she now has. Her heart throb attorney will visit her so she should be just fine and happy with today. At least the little skank gets to see her birthday which is more than her baby did. For you with all that sympathy for her, go sit with her if you love her so much!

Angela March 19, 2009, 6:23 PM

What? Nancy Grace is not the devil Casey Anyhony is.You sound just like Jodi,Shelia ,Jack? I thank Nancy Grace for giving us all the information.I was’nt even watching NG when Melinda Duckett was on and know nothing about it.That has nothing to do with Casey Anthony.It’s not just Nancy Grace, my local news also covers this story.The Anthony’s deserve everything they get backing up their grand daughters killer.You can believe what ever you want to but Casey Anthony is a child killer.

JohnP March 19, 2009, 6:26 PM

This site’s referred to above with the birthday cards to Casey are just blog threads, no money involved…so it seems this site is making things up just to get people to their site capitilizing on Caylee hmmmmm

aubie09 March 19, 2009, 6:31 PM

Sorry Angela but you need to do your homework before you run off at the mouth defending someone you do not know. Not only has NG been accused of causin the demise of Melinda Duckett and straight out lying during the Duke lacrosse trials, her prosecution record in Atlanta is being called into question (several are being overturned bc she didn’t follow protocol) a lawyer in Atl has made it his personal mission, she lied about the account of her fiancés murder back in the’70s when she wrote one of her books, and she has an alcohol/Rx problem.
Seriously go do some research and if you still hold her up in a godly light then please go see a psychologist - they have medications to stop the delusions.

Anonymous March 19, 2009, 6:39 PM

JohnP Why would sending Casey a card be making money off Caylee.I’ll send her a card.Happy b-day Casey hope you rott in your prison cell.Better yet hope you spend your b-day worring about dying,because thats what the state of Florida should do to you!!!!!!Strap you down and inject you.

Anonymous March 19, 2009, 6:57 PM

this isn’t about the melinda duckett case, or the duke lacross case or nancy grace…this is about a cold blooded, selfish, heartless thing who should be put to death. If there is any doubt of her guilt, then we may as well open all prison doors!!

aubie09 March 19, 2009, 7:11 PM

I’m not running off at the mouth I don’t care about Melinda Duckett because I know nothing about that!!!!!!!!!!!Who said I held her up in a godly light?You’re the one who needs to go see a psychologist!!!!!! Because you are the one with delusions.Nancy Grace is not the only one calling Casey gulity.Do your homework.You seem to do alot of research on her,whats up with that.I guess newspapers from all around the country are devils to…She’s gulity!!!!You must be on med.if you believe anything she saids.She keeps lying!!! Who’s she protecting now? Caylee is dead and her family is not looking for anybody else.If the killer is still out there why is’nt anybody looking for them?Lie after lie after lie.You know a little boy was found dead yesterday in a river near my house,his mom called the police as soon as he went missing.He was playing in a fenced in back yard opened the gate and wondered off.he slipped fell into the tiger river and drowned.That is an accident.When your daughter goes missing you don’t party for 30 days and then your mom calls the police.You don’t take pics and post them in photobucket.You call the police no matter what!!!!You don’t lie!!!!! She was’nt protecting anyone but herself.Get off Nancy Grace I knew she was gulity before I watched Nancy Grace and so did millions of other people.I guess you believe in the Zanny Ghost!!!!

aubie09 March 19, 2009, 7:18 PM

Anonymous,
How do you know it was cold blooded? This was posted on associatedcontent.com:
Elaine, There is no forensic evidence linking Casey to murder. The car was left in that parking lot, chain of evidence is broken and decomposition happens with all organic matter. That means it could be a dead squirrel or a dirty diaper. They are in Florida with a chlorinated swimming pool that the child used. The chloroform in the trunk tested too high to be a human body. Defense will blow that issue out of the water. No evidence proves human decomposition in that trunk, yet. The issue of being out clubbing is not forensic evidence, it is circumstantial and could be explained as, she believed the child was with a nannie on vacation OR she was threatened and was looking for clues herself while believing Caylee was kidnapped. I have not seen a picture that can be proven was taken of her clubbing during the 30 days and am disgusted with the way Nancy Grace has been showing pics that are clearly not from that month because the hair is too short and could not have grown 3” in 30 days. Add a Comment Posted on 03/18/2009 at 9:03:43 AM
All I am trying to make people understand is that there are major pieces of the puzzle missing and people are sending death threats to this girl and her family with only knowing partial truths or Nancy Grace fabrications. So unless Anonymous @ 6:57 or someone out there has the forensic paperwork that is suppose to be in only the prosecutors’ office (bc that’s what the major court hearing was about) or you’re the OPD rat that’s been leaking everything to the media – please just have a heart. I’m sorry this sweet, little girl is no longer with us but I will not point the finger just yet. I find it odd that the duct tape had no fingerprints and so do a lot of other officers in my building. If OPD does not investigate this piece very carefully it will hurt them in trial just as much as when they did not release the sketch of Zanny that Casey described to the sketch artist from OPD.

aubie09 March 19, 2009, 7:25 PM

Oh and your such a big girl for using someone elses “posting or user name.” I guess you were too old for that etiquette lessons on how to use the internet and post on forums (they taught them in school for us). Oh well the world is full of looneys like you. Have a great day! (that was the rest of my post sorry it got cut off)

angela March 19, 2009, 7:30 PM

aubie09 You’re giving yourself away again. You are somebody with a much deeper connection.How do you know these are half truths?You use all these BC, OPD,and you arte defending Casey in an anger manner.Just like Jodi,Cindy,Jack,Shelia.I’M DEFENDING A HELPLESS DEAD LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!All this about the procecutor’s office,how do you know what they have!!!!!?The Pics have been proved as being taken after Caylee disappeared,you know that.

Anonymous March 19, 2009, 7:40 PM

Aubie09 how do you know what the major court hearing was about unless you were there and how do you know the about the stecth artist?She wore gloves thats why there are no finger prints. Come on the officers in your buliding there is not a cop out there that believes your daughter is not gulity!!!!!!Your a chemist,your a doctor, you work in a police station.What will you be next time?

angela March 19, 2009, 7:44 PM

Its Cindy again Sally

Angela March 19, 2009, 7:52 PM

Audie 09 that was me I just put your name in the wrong space!!!!!Sorry!!I will own up to what ever I say!!!! Funny how you showed up all of a sudden! Look at the other blogs no Adobie09. I always use my real name unlike yourself…I don’t have to change it.

aubie09 March 19, 2009, 8:00 PM

I watched the court hearing last week and I heard Linda and Jose say that the prosecution has these documents. Furthermore if you bothered to read the post you would see that I found it as a comment on another site and I found that it had merit in this conversation. I’m a smart enough person that I do not believe everything on I read on the powerpoint presentations the media-court play-tv shows. If you are really interested in anything to do with the justice side of this case then doing a little research will not be hard. I have also (as stated previously) talked with other police officers/detectives in my building and we have come to the same conclusion. I believe that OPD let the cat out of the bag on much of the investigation, I believe the public should have been kept in the dark until the end verdict was read, I believe that OPD will have an incredibly hard time finding a jury pool with the amount of knowledge that has been leaked from this case. I also find it incredibly sad that this family not only lost their granddaughter but their daughter in a horrible accident that hopefully no one on this board will ever have to face. And if you ever find yourself facing something like this – I pray people wait to pass judgment on you or your family. I pray that people come together and realize a family is in mourning and hurting and needs a helping hand. I pray that people bit their tongues and realize that throwing stones at peoples’ houses only shows how primitive they are as humans. Lastly I pray that those people that I speak of are nothing like some of you I have encountered on this forum. Good bye and Oct 2009 is the tentative date and the defense is center stage.

Wow!! I’m not Cindy not any of the others you speak of but I feel great that I got under your skin. I love the advocates that shake up these boards and I love that people like you feel the need to respond so negatively. Sorry darlings but I don’t have to lie on a forum to make myself feel better. And angela, then your not very smart bc rule #1 on forums like these is never sign your real name and my name goes to my email address so deal with it or don’t respond that’s the GROWNUP solution. The latter is my favorite.
Until October buttercups – aubie09