An Emotionless Casey Anthony Appears in Court

Casey Anthony appeared in court for the latest pre-trial hearing in her case.

casey-court.jpg

Casey Anthony, with her parents in attendance, makes another appearance in a pre-trial hearing for her first-degree murder trial. Anthony, 22, is charged with the murder of her daughter Caylee.

The proceedings started with Brad Conway, George and Cindy Anthony's attorney,  presenting the first motion for the day asking that George Anthony's suicide note be kept private. For the meantime, Judge Strickland ruled in Conway's favor, but if members of the media make an argument that the public should see the note, that ruling may change.

Other motions to be presented by Jose Baez are:

1) The defense has requested that state and law enforcement release all DNA notes, reports and details about the standards used to collect evidence.

RULING: Judge Strickland did not rule on this motion and told the defense to request it from the FBI and other sources. If they still have a problem, then Strickland said he would consider a motion to force the evidence to be turned over

2) Baez wants the judge to punish the state for not telling a defense expert that trash and other items were removed from Casey Anthony's car.

RULING: Denied

3) The defense  wants to deal with computer pictures on the home computer of Ricardo Morales, Casey Anthony's ex-boyfriend.

RULING: The judge said it there were notes about the search of the computer, they should be turned over to the defense.

Boyfriend Wiretap Casey Cries Casey Interview Casey Texts
Meter Reader Hoover Interview Redacted Statements Text Messages

See Also:

next: Boy Tells Classmate 'That's my Brother's Weed'
Mary March 12, 2009, 7:11 PM

Please, will someone on the dream team tell Jose Baez to stop chasing his tail already. Today in court was such a huge waste of time for the defense team,thanks to Jose. He just goes around and around. He doesn’t have the skill to get his point across. Jose reminds me of an unskilled baseball player,swinging the bat over and over, but never making contact with the ball. Maybe Linda Baden should step up to the plate at the next court appearance, and give it a swing!Jose needs to be benched for a few innings.

white oleander March 12, 2009, 10:34 PM

the highlight of the entire thing was george hacking up a loogie and showing it to cindy….what a gagger….

Peggy Gorman March 12, 2009, 11:06 PM

Where are her smiles now,I guess the party is over. She just looks loopy

Ann March 13, 2009, 8:55 AM

One couldn’t help but notice Casey’s body language and demeanor in court yesterday, especially with her parents who were sitting right behind her.Never once did Casey look at them or even acknowledge they were there.Unlike the last court appearance where Casey smiled at them and seemed happy to see them. George wiped away tears a few times, as though Casey’s ignoring him and Cindy, broke his heart. Casey was clearly detaching from Cindy and George.Her wall was either deliberate because she’s mad at them or the wall was a coping mechanism for Casey because she is finally feeling the guilt of what she did to her parents by killing Caylee.Reality is finally setting in for Casey.I wouldn’t be surprised if in the next few weeks, Casey pleads guilty and accepts a plea deal. She’s crazy if she doesn’t!

Sally March 13, 2009, 9:08 AM

I’m glad the suicide note was suppressed and that the defense’s motions were denied. That’s what yesterday’s hearing was all about. I think a defense lawyer who was answering questions on HLN before the proceedings yesterday summed it up when he said the public mostly sees the Casey Anthony murder trial as a soap opera. That’s why the question HLN gets the most is who is Caylee’s father, which has nothing to do with the murder trial. I think that’s true of many bloggers. Yesterday’s proceedings were about whether George’s suicide should be public and if the state should be sanctioned for withholding evidence from the defense. Yet, Momlogic bloggers are commenting on the behavior and looks of Jose, Cindy and George and Casey. The trial is not a spectator sport. Unless we are defense lawyers, none of us are qualified to judge an attorney’s performance. What Casey looks like and what George and Cindy do in court is irrelevant. The trial is about getting justice for a little two year old who was killed and her body tossed in a trunk to decompose for days before she was tossed in a garbage dump while her mother partied and got a tattoo, “Beautiful Life.” Not about gossiping about the Anthonys and their attorney.

me March 13, 2009, 9:36 AM

Sally, I disagree with you and the lawyer on HLN. Most people DO NOT view this as a soap opera. Most people see a precious 2 year old that was murdered by her mother, her crazy family lies for her and shes got the best experts in the world on her side. Some of us are bothered by that!!

Sally March 13, 2009, 10:23 AM

Me, I’m so glad that you see this trial is about Caylee and are concerned that Casey is going to get away with murder. I am talking about bloggers who aren’t interested in the evidence or the court proceedings but get their kicks out of making fun of Jose, Cindy, George, Lee and Casey and gossip about the paternity of Caylee. Casey Anthony can have all the attorneys and experts in the world and it can’t change the facts in the case. The jury will concentrate on the evidence and not be concerned about whether Casey put on a few pounds, that George and Cindy are crazy or sane or whether her attorneys are fat, skinny, short or tall.

me March 13, 2009, 11:12 AM

Sally, I hope your right. I just think of the OJ case. He was gulity of killing two people and walked a way a free man because he had money. I can see already what Baez and Baden are trying to do - it makes me sick. Think of the people that are putting money in casey’s account because they feel sorry for her. What if one of them is on the jury.

Janet March 13, 2009, 12:42 PM

Sally-I strongly disagree with you saying that this case is viewed as a soap opera by people. The truth is that every good Mother is paying close attention to the dynamics of the Anthony family, because it’s human nature to wonder how and why Casey could murder her precious child. I am a Mother and I can’t imagine what could have been going on in Casey’s mind to make her SNAP and murder her child! Let alone, have so much hatred toward her own Mother.Way back when Lee confronted Casey about why she was keeping Caylee from Cindy, Casey answered “well maybe I’m a spiteful B——!” Cindy had actually put her hands around Casey’s neck and tried to choke her in a very heated argument.That’s the last time Cindy ever saw her grandaughter,because Casey picked up Caylee and ran out of the house. Caylee was never to be seen again!The truth is that the Anthony family is very much like a soap opera.Yet society isn’t watching this sad and continually unfolding tragic story on t.v. for entertainment(like a soap opera).Society is anxiously awaiting JUSTICE for Caylee!!!

Lena March 15, 2009, 9:39 AM

I could slap the shi* out of Casey. She’s certainly not strutting her stuff like way back when she was in & out of jail before the remains were found. Liitle bit** thought she got one over on everybody.

Now I think she’s feeling fear, chaos, turmoil, not remorse or sorrow for Caylee. Sociopaths are only concerned about themselves.

Sally March 15, 2009, 4:40 PM

Me, I believe the people who are sending money to Casey in jail are Christians or convicted felons who feel sorry for her. Felons can’t serve on a jury and Christians hate the sin but love the sinner so a Christian might send her money but he or she wouldn’t vote to set a murderer free. OJ was not convicted because the jury either didn’t want a black man to go to jail or they didn’t believe a celebrity could be guilty of murder or because the prosecution did not put on a strong case. I have read that the Orlando prosecutor is a good prosecutor and I am convinced that she can present the case so the jury will clearly see Casey is guilty and they will just ignore the theatrics of the defense’s “nightmare” team. The worst we can expect is a hung jury if they seat a juror who hates law enforcement and prosecutors and just refuses to use common sense. I have confidence 12 jurors will find her guilty.

Seven March 16, 2009, 3:00 AM

I hope she goes free.

Cristy March 16, 2009, 2:42 PM

I think she looks like a guilty little kid. You know the heads down kind of look when they’ve been caught doing something they are not supposed to be doing but don’t want to own up to it. Yeah that’s Casey. SPOILED BRAT!

TMH March 17, 2009, 1:46 AM

Only god can judge her and he WILL!!!!

Linda from Jersey March 17, 2009, 10:00 AM

Hi seven. I hope she goes free too. Right to your house! You can support her, allow her to live w/o working, let her steal from you, perhaps kill a family member or two. Of course all this will not happen immediately, she will definetly make Fusion her first stop, and I’m sure it will take her a while to pull herself off the pole, or whatever guy or girl is available for her feel ups she’s missed out on. I guarantee you where her first stop will NOT be,…the grave of her beautiful little girl.

chris March 17, 2009, 1:17 PM

why do white women kill their kids ? what is the matter with white people ? why are they labeled as devils ? why do ghosts hunt white people ? why do bears and mountain lions and great white sharks only attack white people ? why do white men kill their wives ?

carrie March 17, 2009, 1:30 PM

casey you killed anger caylee ,,,,,,,,,,casey your monster stay in jail we no you kill anger casey i hoply going down hall

Linda from Jersey March 17, 2009, 2:27 PM

yeah only white women kill their kids….opps, black lady in San Francisco threw her three kids off the Golden Gate Bridge. They were pretty dead when they hit the water. OJ Simpson comes to mind, not convicted only because he was black, and his wife happened to be a beautiful blonde white woman. Still the world knows he did it, his friends know he did it, and the jury knew he did it, but gave him a free ride anyway. As for ghosts, they don’t exist to chase any one of any color, and if a black person happened to be in the woods, the water or whereever the animals you mentioned were, they would be killed or eaten by these animals also. It’s not your color it is who you are and where you are that matters in all things.

chris  March 17, 2009, 3:36 PM

well linda that just shows that blacks aren t dumb but 98% that do the things i have said are white people !!! i haven t even included all the white women that sleep with their students at schools and the catholic priests and as far as oj well that don t count cause he killed a white women and got away with it hell the white cops were found not guilty on the rodney king thing and whites paid for it!!!

Linda from Jersey March 18, 2009, 10:08 AM

Chris, I don’t know what exactly your issues are, because you really don’t make much sense, what does skin colr really have to do with murder, anyway.
If I had the time I could find hundreds of crimes both colors. I personally don’t care if Casey Anthony was purple with green stripes, what she did is horrendous. As for OJ, well he finally did get his didn’t he? Just lilke Drew Peterson should get his, and he is white, but I think he deserves to rot in jail. White black, who cares? Geese, get some counselling.