Does New Video of Anthony Help Her Case?

A video has surfaced showing Casey Anthony happily playing with Caylee. Will it help the defense?

The latest document dump for the impending Casey Anthony trial is awash with what could be considered damning evidence. Months of Anthony's text messages barely mention her child. Images of Casey as a fixture on the Orlando club scene contradict her testimony that she was conducting her own investigation to find her lost daughter.

Now a video has surfaced that could be considered as evidence. In the clip, Casey -- with shortly cropped hair -- plays a game with Caylee while Casey's parents Cindy and George can be heard off-camera.

The Anthony's former spokeswoman said the videos had been posted to Anthony's MySpace and Facebook accounts months ago, and were captured by people who had access to those accounts.

What do you think? Does this video make you doubt that Casey Anthony could be responsible for Caylee's murder?

Boyfriend Wiretap Casey Cries Casey Interview Casey Texts
Meter Reader Hoover Interview Redacted Statements Text Messages

See Also:

next: "DWTS": Let's Get Ready to Rumba!
kris March 9, 2009, 4:53 PM

will not help at all- she will get life in prison.

april March 9, 2009, 4:54 PM

no it does not there was camera she knew it and also her parents were there who knows how caylee was treated away from other people.

ALD March 9, 2009, 4:56 PM

casey anthony is a sociopath. she is a liar. she has proven that she can act to get what she wants. in this video we see her acting; pretending to be a loving mother to caylee. just because she is a good actress does NOT mean she didn’t kill caylee.

sunshine March 9, 2009, 4:56 PM

I don’t think so. The prosecuters need to explain about socialpaths, and their behavior. The only thing I worry about(because I feel she killed her daughter)is that she passed a mental evaluation.

Deb March 9, 2009, 5:14 PM

That is NOT Casey…it is a “hot body” double! (aka:Zanny)

innocent March 9, 2009, 6:36 PM

I think Nancy Grace has hung Casey Anthony high up on a cross and she’s doused her with a cumbustable substance. I think you all that hang out and post most of these notes I’ve seen ohhh so many times are dying to light her aflame. Most of you I find pathetic and would hope none of you would be my fiend. Because friends like YOU judgemental sh*ts would stab someone in the back in a split second which I find tragic.
enough said!

DON'T JUDGE March 9, 2009, 7:33 PM

I wish we could see more good things about her.The media has showed all the bad.She is a person and even though she did a very bad thing maybe there was a little good in her.She’s a person and we all need to remember that!I’m not defending her I know she killed sweet little Caylee,but we don’t know what happened.Only God can judge her and all you people who are being so mean to her family ,you hAVE NO RIGHT!!!!

DrMom March 9, 2009, 8:21 PM

OMG - “innocent” is either Cindy, Lee, or even Casey herself, if that’s possible. Those videos are from at least a year before Caylee died, judging by the length of her hair. How many people have killed family members that they once shared good times with? It proves nothing.

Anonymous March 9, 2009, 8:54 PM

Nice to see Caylee having fun moments but as for Casey…who doesn’t play to the camera when they know they are being videoed? I saw how she dropped Caylee at the very end…gave me pause for thought.

ann March 10, 2009, 1:01 AM

In the video, you can tell those were better days.
Caylee was MUCH younger then. Caylee’s hair/bangs were much shorter. Hair grows 1/2” per month. Caylee wasn’t as verbal and couldn’t have cause as much trouble for Casey… then.

Lynda March 10, 2009, 1:53 AM

Stress and pressure and self piety along with jealousy can cause a person to do strange things. I don’t think Casey is mental. I think the child got in her way. Read the transcripts of her and her boyfriends emails online. We need to pray for this family and that Casey will tell the truth for her sake and her families. No one would want to believe their daughter could do such a thing. God does not do evil like this. Selfishness and evil in peoples lives cause the bad that comes to people. Not God. He desires to protect us, and he loves us.

ELAINE/CALFORNIA March 10, 2009, 2:07 AM

The video proves nothing….millions of killers had family photo’s, video’s etc, taken on better days, different periods in their lives….and they, too…turned around and KILLED one of their loved ones. Casey is included, she is just a wolf, in sheeps clothing…doesn’t sway ME one tiny bit!Think of all the cases, Susan Smith, a home video with her during one of her son’s birthday party’s..Scott and Laci Peterson, with her at Christmas, pregnant, and smiling…Andrea Yates, pictures of all the family, including the newborn baby girl……THINK about it.Didn’t stop them from murdering.

sirjef8 March 10, 2009, 4:12 AM

I have thought from the beginning that Casey was 100% innocent and that she has been framed for this horrible murder.

Sirjef March 10, 2009, 4:13 AM

I have known from the beginning that there’s no way Casey could have harmed Caylee. Casey is innocent and has been framed.

tinkerbell March 10, 2009, 8:34 AM

This is an old video-anyone with a brain can see that.She is guilty of murdering Caylee ,evidence shows that, and to those of you that say she is innocent you are stupid,just plain stupid!

lee March 10, 2009, 8:56 AM

A lot of people thought Ted Bundey was a nice guy too and look at the horrific things he did. This tape will NOT help casey.

Lisa March 10, 2009, 9:00 AM

Casey passed the psychological evaluation. That’s worse than failing it.For if she failed it,we would know that she is not mentally capable of understanding right from wrong.She passed because she is a SOCIAPATH and NARCISSIST.She fully knows right from wrong, yet her selfish impulses and urges are way more powerful than her CONSCIENCE(if she even has a conscience).Casey’s mind is nothing short of EVIL. For her mind is totally disconnected from her HEART(empathy,compassion,remorse).Her mind is full of images of human skulls,skeletons and death).While her heart is cold as ice.That’s a deadly and dangerous combination! All the videos and countless pictures of Casey smiling and giggling with Caylee,then partying relentlessly every night(her head in the toilet- puking), are very damning to Casey.The contrast is deeply troubling and disturbing.It’s like a priest by day,a pedophile by night!

Weekends Off March 10, 2009, 9:07 AM

I don’t give a da.mn what this video shows. My mom had her good days too. Days when she actually acted like she loved me. Days when she could put June Clever to shame with her mothering ways. Then there were the days when she woke up and just beat my a.ss all day because the pressure of life was too much for her to deal with. Unfortunatly there were more bad days than good.

SZQ March 10, 2009, 11:26 AM

I think that the video will hurt her case. When I see Casey interacting with Caylee, physicaly, I can unfortunately imagine her harming her daughter.

Sara Jane March 10, 2009, 11:49 AM

Ok, this is for ‘innocent’ and others, I AM JUDGMENTAL! The published evidence and facts of this case has allowed me to be so! Did Casey love her family? Did she love her child, Casey? Did she cause her family harm? Did she steal money from family and friends? Did she tell countless lies? Is Casey Anthony guilty of causing the death of her child? Is a sociopath capable of love? The answer to all is YES. The awful truth is one can kill the thing one loves. How heart sickening is that! I do NOT compare this to what was suffered in Auschwitz and other WW2 camps, but pregnant mothers intentionally terminated their pregnancies, so as not to be gassed. That was what one did to survive. They lived for the hope that they will one day have children again. Jews from that generation are/were very protective of their children born thereafter. On refection of that, I ask what did Casey Anthony have to gain by causing the death Caylee? She did cause it, but what was her purpose? What was the intent? Was it an accident? There are so many unanswered questions. But, I have judged – Casey Anthony is guilty – she did cause the death of Caylee! The overwhelming evidence says so. To deny it is to deny truth. Truth is pure, like mathematics, we may not understand it all, but it can not be denied.