Chris Brown Charged with Two Felonies

He will appear in court today to face charges for attacking his girlfriend, Rihanna.

chris brown

The L.A. County DA has just hit Chris Brown with two felony charges, including assault and making criminal threats.

The 19-year-old singer is set to make his first appearance in a Los Angeles courtroom today at 3:30 PM where he'll be arraigned.

The charges stem from an incident that occurred the night before the Grammys. It's been widely reported that Brown's girlfriend, 21-year-old singer Rihanna, was the alleged victim. Now court papers confirm that Brown is charged with the assault of victim "Robyn F." Rihanna's real name is Robyn Fenty. In addition, a photo of a battered and bruised Rihanna surfaced online two weeks ago.

According to FOX 11 in Los Angeles, which claims to have obtained the notes from a search warrant in the case, Rihanna, 21, read a lengthy text message from a woman on Brown's phone, which led to an argument. Brown - who has a standing court date Thursday - allegedly tried to force his girlfriend out of the Lamborghini, and hit her head against the passenger window.

Brown, 19, then punched the singer while still driving, according to the detective's notes, and blood filled Rihanna's mouth. He allegedly told her, "I'm going to beat the ---- out of you when we get home." Rihanna called her assistant and left a message saying, "I am on my way home. Make sure the cops are there when I get there." The police notes say that prompted Brown to reply: "You just did the stupidest thing ever. I'm going to kill you."

The report also says that Brown bit Rihanna and put her in a headlock, and that she almost lost consciousness.

Rihanna's dad, Ronald Fenty, opened up to Us Magazine right after Chris Brown was charged earlier today. "Justice can never be served in this situation; he can't feel the pain she felt," he says.

Her father says the family is having trouble getting in touch with Rihanna. "I can't get on to her," he says. "Her mother can't get on to her, her brother told me she changed her email. Somebody has a stranglehold on her. I'm lost. I'll text the old numbers she had, and I call them. One girl answered, and she said, "'This is not Robin's number anymore.' I asked, 'Do you work for Robin? Do you deal with Robin?' And the girl hung up, so I don't know what's going on anymore. I'm lost."

next: Tattoo You -- For Safety!
uyfghjfjhhhhhh March 6, 2009, 8:48 PM

ttteeerrrddd

nyashia March 8, 2009, 10:31 AM

2 felonies chris i dont beleive this

susie christiansen March 10, 2009, 1:48 AM

Do you all think this will be the last time he assults a female? H*ll no.
Wait and see.
I will bet you all this isn’t the first time he hurt her either.
Someone needs to show her old video of OJ Simpson and all of Nichole’s pics of her smashed face,and then all the RED BLOOD from her slit throat!
This better be a warning for her.

susie christiansen March 10, 2009, 1:49 AM

What no posted comment? Why not?

TC March 14, 2009, 9:41 AM

This isn’t the FIRST time he hit her. He’s hit her several times before. The dude just needs to apply to McDonalds or TacoBell (if they will even have him!) and leave the girl alone. I have NO sympathy for Rihanna either, to be clear on this. She is NOT some poor girl and KNOWS better. She has the means to lock him OUT of her life for good. But she chooses to continue to be his punching bag. They are BOTH losers for being in the public eye and not acting better.

CASW March 16, 2009, 2:08 PM

Women who experience abuse normally have very low self-esteem and they need help to get them out of their situation. This is not the time to place blame, but to help expose the causes of abuse and get this information out to all of the women who suffer from domestic violence.Remember, you learn what you live.

michaeljii February 7, 2011, 10:07 PM

this post is really the sweetest on this notable topic. I harmonise with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to your incoming updates. Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the phenomenal clarity in your writing. I will directly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Admirable work and much success in your business dealings!? Please excuse my poor English as it is not my first tongue.
Regards,
MichaeL || managed hosting Consultants || NYC.USA

FURQAN February 11, 2011, 9:13 PM

I am very glad to know that your site is upgrading from the simplest to more faster and synchronized form. I am quite familiar of a lot of sites since I work as a freelance writer and one of the sites that I find evolve is your site respectively. I am looking more on your site progress as well as new version that is more convenient and helpful to the members like me. I really appreciate the move that you made. Thanks a lot!
MichaeL || domain names Consultants || NYC.USA

Lee Striker February 22, 2011, 12:20 PM

a lot of thanks for this worthy information.. eventually discovered what i wanted to get to know..