Chris Brown Won't Attend Kids' Choice Awards

People.com: Could Chris Brown win a Kids' Choice Award on March 28?

cbawards270.jpg
That remains a real possibility now that a rep for Nickelodeon has said the network has no plans to remove Brown, 19, from the running for the favorite male singer award and favorite song for "Kiss Kiss."

"Like all our KCA nominees Chris Brown was nominated by kids several months ago based on his body of work as a performer, and the kids who vote will ultimately decide who wins in the category," a Nickelodeon spokesperson tells PEOPLE.

As to whether Brown will actually attend the award ceremony in Los Angeles, a source close to the situation says Brown never intended to go and, contrary to reports, has not attempted to gather votes.

"Chris has been hanging out with Rihanna, working on his music and spending time with and speaking with his mother and pastor," the source says. A spokesman for Nickelodeon confirms that Brown is not scheduled to attend.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: Purity Rings Invade South Park
lisa March 11, 2009, 8:42 AM

i do not see what the big deal about all of this is.. he is a great artist. the kids love him and as a mother so do i. we need to let our childern know right from wrong.. this is our job, not the preforners…

Chris  March 11, 2009, 10:12 AM

What is the big *deal*! The only way to
make this situation positive is for Chris to seek help. Then we can explain
to our children this behavior can be corrected if the person wants to change.
As for the award he should not accept it. Should make a statement about his behavior and that he will seek help.

Amy March 11, 2009, 10:53 AM

-Lisa

“The kids love him, as a mother, so do I?”
Are you a mother of girls? Do you have daughters that could be beat bloody by a man they love? The “big deal” is that he could have taken her life. It IS our job as parents to teach them right from wrong. I feel I would being doing my child a disservice by acting like this was ok. Teaching your child right from wrong includes using time like this as tools and examples. I’m glad I am not your daughter.

jb March 11, 2009, 11:02 AM

The allegations against Chris Brown are horrendous. As the father of a teenager daughter, it is particularly concerning to me.

However, these are still just allegations. Everyone still deserves the right to be considered until proven guilty.

Whatever the outcome of the award or the court case, hopefully we can increase awareness of this critical issue.

By the way, is there a petition to remove the Real Housewife of New York who has also be arrested for domestic violence?

Let’s see if the momlogic editors (and it is a cool site) do anything on that incident.

Partsfinder March 11, 2009, 11:07 AM

Whitney Houston was ruined by such a man as Chris Brown. Nicole Brown Simpson was murdered by a man such as Chris Brown. Wise up folks, Chris Brown is a Punk. Anyone who falls for his crap is a loser. I pray Rihanna is smarter than other women who have been beaten before she is ruined.

Amy March 11, 2009, 11:11 AM

Great point jb.

Joan LeFrancois March 11, 2009, 11:13 AM

If he is allowed to appear, perform, and possibly receive an award…This would be a straight up CONDONING of his violent actions by Nickelodeon. I personally will begin boycotting Nickelodeon and get all of my community to do the same…If he were a teacher at a school who’s wife was discovered beaten by him, would we as parents allow him to teach our kids and be their role model just because the kids “think he’s cool”? I HOPE not…if we do not condemn him, then we are making what he did alright in the eyes of our kids.

Emma March 11, 2009, 11:17 AM

Momlogics or Twittermoms, honestly what are you guys thinking? In America raising a kid is based on role models shouldn’t your kids role model be the person they are being raised by? You! I am so disgusted by the wave of comments about Chris Brown and Rhinna, guess what…what he did we all know is wrong and to be totally honestly and as harsh as it may sound Rhinna is grown enough to know rightr from wrong to make the decision of what to accept and what not to accept in her life. What we fail to see is that yes she is the victim now and it’s an awful thing to go through but not too long ago Chris Brown was a child and he too was a victim and what we as human beings tend not to see is when someone is crying out for help. When he was on Oprah’s show noone made a big hooray when he admitted seeing his step dad lashing his mother, it was all hush hush, well right then and there he was reaching out! What we as human beings need to do is stop throwing stones when we all, all of us live in glass houses, stop pointing fingers when we all are so imperfect and stop judging because we all make mistakes instead let’s all try to reach out to Chris Brown to get help so he can be a better example to your kids that look up to him as a role model!

patricia rennie March 11, 2009, 11:39 AM

Any individual who doesn’t think what Brown did to his girlfriend is a big deal should seek help. There is no question it is wrong. It’s always been wrong to abuse someone and just because he is “Chris Brown” doesn’t make it okay or should be excused as just a mistake. He is in a position where children see him as a role model. He has a responsibility to behave and get help before he does something stupid like he did. I’m sure this is not the first time he’s beat her. I’m sure she’s not the first and probably will not be the last. Nickelodeon is wrong beyond words to make him part of their awards show. Shame on Nickelodeon for their lack of common sense and insensitivity and concern for the youth of today. Shame on those who support Brown and shame on those who think it’s just a simple mistake when you abuse the one you are supposed to love.

melrose March 11, 2009, 12:46 PM

CHRIS BROWN DID NOT KILL ANYONE, HE
JUST HAD A FIGHT WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND,
IN LOVE I QUESS YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN LOVE, IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.
HE SHOULD GET THIS AWARD, IT IS BETTER THAN THE KIDS THAST ARE KILLING, DO ALL YOU PEOPLE HAVE A SON, EVERYONE DESERVE A SECOND CHANCE.

GIVE CHRIS A CHANCE HE DAWN HANDSOME ANYONE YOUNG GIRL IN THE WORLD WOULD WANTS TO GO. GOD BLESS YOU CHRIS. MILLIONS OF DEVOTED FANS NO ONE IS PERFECT JUST GOD. HANG IN THERE CHRIS LET GOD TAKE OVER.
OUT WITH HIM, AND A GREAT SINGER.

Anonymous March 11, 2009, 1:09 PM

Shame! Shame…Shame…Shame…Patricia no one is saying it is a “simple mistake”, shame on you for assuming what people think. It is a big deal what he did but everyone needs to take responsibility here, Chris Brown and Rhinna both. He is boldface wrong in what he did and Rhinna is wrong for staying with him but again, who are we to JUDGE? Rhinna needs help as much as Chris Brown. Patricia please get out of your secure little box asking how can you abuse someone you say you love as a surviving victim of sexual,verbal and emotional abuse I can say people like you make feel like my progress was in vain and forgiving my abuser was a wrong thing to do but I am stronger than that and I will also tell you something else, to forgive I had to actually learn to live through that person’s own pain to understand the many whys to learn to forgive myself and also my abuser. So what I am trying to say is what Chris Brown needs right now are more people asking him to sought help so he too can learn to deal with his anger,guilt and less people like you blogging on how bad he is and how he should not be forgiven. Shame on you!

Noh March 11, 2009, 1:52 PM

Allright the guy should not be on the KCAs nor nominated for a award. Yes we are innocent until proven guilty but if he is innocent it can be made up later rather than a generation of boys say it’s okay to beat on women, and girls saying well it’s okay if someone beats on me, if he’s not. I feel sorry that he witnessed abuse as a kid and yes that can lead him into being a abuser but the one thing I learned from my early adulthood is the circle can be broken. My father was abusive towards my mother and myself. He was abused by his father. I have spent 14 years dealing with the painful memories that continue to surface. I’m certain I will always be haunted by them. It’s easier to cope now but it’s in no way easy. I vowed when I first started that I would never harm my children and even told family to take them away from me if I ever started. My eldest is now 10 and very happy and healthy in all respects. I broke the circle. I do hope Chris gets it together. Now as for Emma’s comment yes we need to be our childrens role models. I try my best to be a good one for mine. But the sad truth is there are alot of children whose parents are not, they allow the pop stars to do that. I also question your understanding of the abused’s mind set. It’s not something you just say I had enough and walk away. It’s so much more complicated than that. I was nowhere near where my mother was but I put up with alot of verbal abuse from my ex. I would suggest looking into it. I hope Rihanna is able to see the light and get out before it’s to late. Perhaps she can be a positive role model for others in abusive relationships.

Malcom Fritze March 29, 2011, 6:44 PM

You are a very clever individual!

erotik video izle April 3, 2011, 3:44 PM

Hey there, You have done an incredible job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I’m confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.

erotik video izle April 8, 2011, 7:25 PM

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website so i came to “return the favor”.I am attempting to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

bagcilar April 8, 2011, 8:25 PM

I have been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.