Dora the Tween Explorer ... Revealed!

Last month, we told you about Dora the Explorer's extreme makeover. She's now a tweenager, goes to middle school, and has moved to the big city. Here's a sneak peek of her new look.

Dora the explorer

Gina Sirard, vice president of marketing for Mattel, says: "Girls really identify with Dora and we knew that girls would love to have their friend Dora grow up with them, and experience the new things that they were going through themselves."

As a tween, Dora has moved to the big city, attends middle school and has a whole new fashionable look. She will also have a rich online world, a la Webkinz, in which girls can explore, play games, customize, and solve mysteries with Dora and her new friends.

Here's a sneak peek of Dora's new look. What do you think?

Are they seriously making Dora a TWEEN?! Sound off!

See Also:

next: It's a Jungle Down There
Sara March 31, 2009, 7:58 PM

I love Dora, and I’m 13. Well, Ioved r ‘til I was about 10. but I just can’t identify with her anymore. Now that she’s gotten a little older, I feel like, maybe, just maybe, I’ll be able to iadentify with the cute lil girl again.

Also, as to Nichole, not all teenagers watched the messed up, innocence destroying, trashy shows like Family Guy. I’m personally ecstatic about this whole thing.

hailey April 1, 2009, 8:26 PM

she is realy cute but i agree with amber
people in middle school don`t watch dora

DA

Kaylene April 1, 2009, 11:34 PM

Why are people freaking out about the new Dora? I mean come on! It’s not like the new Dora is gonna say bad words or anything like that. And besides if you don’t want your kids to watch it, than don’t, because the old Dora will still be around. And if you would let them just let them. If you want my opinion, I like the new Dora! And remember, don’t sweat it, because old Dora’s not going anywhere!

Jakie April 1, 2009, 11:46 PM

Old Dora:Not in
New Dora:TOTALLY IN!

Leona April 2, 2009, 7:28 PM

The old Dora was so not cool!!! But the new Dora is so so to COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diana April 2, 2009, 7:44 PM

I totally LOVE the new Dora! Why is everyone complaining about? And she is 10 so she is suppost to look like that! And no, sheis not wearing lipstick!

Kaya April 2, 2009, 7:52 PM

I LOVE the new Dora!!!! Its the kids that are watching it not the adults!Its not like I,m an adult and I watch Dora!

Chariss April 2, 2009, 7:54 PM

It doesn’t matter if you like it or not, because they already made up their minds. The new Dora will come out weather you like it or not.

Ashley April 10, 2009, 11:10 PM

Well I don’t thimk any thing is wrong with the new Dora. It’s not like she looks like a Bratz doll, which I don’t think is for kids at all. My daughter loves Dora and her new look is not going to change that. When I first heard the fuss I thought she was wearing a mini skirt with thongs.. some of u really need to get a life.

Anonymous April 18, 2009, 8:07 PM

doras new look is cute and i like it alot dora is now a popular show 4 kids in grades prek-8th she is very cute yall need to stop judging her & get on with your lifes its not like shes a stripper or a hooker so leave her alone

Cloudia April 19, 2009, 2:19 AM

Well…… I have to say, I LOVE THE NEW DORA!!!!!!!

Aniva April 30, 2009, 1:14 AM

I like the new dora.

jen April 30, 2009, 3:43 PM

I think thay should NOT change DORA why because she looks fine the way she is and also this tv show is for kids what is wrong with the DORA thay have now if the older kids think thay are to big to look at this tv show let them look at something else on tv and let the other little girls enjoy this DORA thay have now

Mr. Reese May 6, 2009, 2:44 PM

I think this new Dora will be great. A lot of people fear that she’s going to be like majority of these tweens today: Boy crazed, fashion crazed, and sex crazed, insted of a wholesome young girl with morales and still have a childlike state of mind.

animal lover May 9, 2009, 9:28 PM

she looks way better than she used 2. she used to be fat and wear ugly clothes but now she is skinny and is wearing clothes i would wear, but then again i am only 10 years old.

Anonymous May 20, 2009, 12:59 PM

she rocks!let’s go dora!

anonymous May 27, 2009, 11:43 PM

dora looks great ! also bratz are not trashy so dont hate because your daughters act the way they do. you so called moms need to watch your little girls instead of complaining about a doll.

Flora May 29, 2009, 9:39 PM

I like her and to all the peple who say middle schoolers don’t watch dora alot of high schoolers do trust me im in high school and they talk about this show a lot.

anonymous June 7, 2009, 12:17 PM

Why dont you guys like the new dora? I like it…

Nani July 1, 2009, 11:54 PM

Give please. Like anyone else, there are days I feel beautiful and days I don’t, and when I don’t, I do something about it.
I am from Marino and now study English, give true I wrote the following sentence: “The flea egg is incredibly small and often very.”

Thanks for the help :-), Nani.