Dora the Tween Explorer ... Revealed!

Last month, we told you about Dora the Explorer's extreme makeover. She's now a tweenager, goes to middle school, and has moved to the big city. Here's a sneak peek of her new look.

Dora the explorer

Gina Sirard, vice president of marketing for Mattel, says: "Girls really identify with Dora and we knew that girls would love to have their friend Dora grow up with them, and experience the new things that they were going through themselves."

As a tween, Dora has moved to the big city, attends middle school and has a whole new fashionable look. She will also have a rich online world, a la Webkinz, in which girls can explore, play games, customize, and solve mysteries with Dora and her new friends.

Here's a sneak peek of Dora's new look. What do you think?

Are they seriously making Dora a TWEEN?! Sound off!

See Also:

next: It's a Jungle Down There
Tavia September 5, 2009, 4:20 AM

Sorry. Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
I am from Samoa and too bad know English, give please true I wrote the following sentence: “Normally, commodities both drastically and in the united states have been raised.”

With respect :o, Tavia.

Vladimir September 9, 2009, 9:34 PM

Excuse me. Better by far you should forget and smile than you should remember and be sad.
I am from Ireland and now teach English, give true I wrote the following sentence: “First sought october 6, strategic single product, the units analyzed about appearing creams, they knew their facts, receiving industry grants and cosmetics.”

;) Thanks in advance. Vladimir.

Raeviana November 10, 2009, 9:30 PM

I love the new Dora! I mean, I’m not saying other peoples opinions are wrong, but I just totally love her! Now, I can actually have role model that’s not younger than me! I checked out her sites, and she was setting a great example for girls my age to follow. She was helping out her community, has great friends, and gets along with everybody! I hope other kids find her examples helpful, and will follow them as well too. As I said, I love the new Dora, and I hope you do too. Thanks!

Ivy November 11, 2009, 10:13 PM

I love the new Dora!Why does everybody complain?

dee dee November 29, 2009, 9:02 AM

can you not see they have already made the new dora? stop complaining!

oceana August 9, 2010, 5:36 PM

I love it because ages 11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,and 19 can grow up with Dora as a tween.Other kids wont make fun of them if Dora is a tween.

hello kitty games December 30, 2010, 1:08 PM

May i have a bit of advice? I think you have got something good over here. However suppose you included some references towards a website which supports what youre you mentioned? Or simply you can give us something to look at, whatever would certainly connect just what you’re saying, sth more concrete?

LSAT test Prep January 1, 2011, 8:07 AM

Hi I am having a difficulty browsing your blog, I’m given 404 pages fairly regularly, I am not way too certain as to the reasons but once I refresh the web page it returns okay.

Dominicfom February 6, 2011, 1:01 PM