Jon and Kate: Marriage Not So Great??

Say it ain't so!

jon Gosselin

Jon and Kate Gosselin, stars of TLC's hit show "Jon and Kate Plus 8," have endured thousands of diaper changes and sleepless nights. Now they're subject to the Internet rumor mill!

Tongues have been wagging across several gossip blogs that Jon was recently seen at a Pennsylvania bar hitting on a much younger woman. The dad of eight, including nearly 5-year-old sextuplets, was then reportedly seen LEAVING the bar with the young hottie!

Before you go believing everything you read, Jon issued this statement through his rep: "It is certainly hurtful for people to spread rumors and lies about us. It certainly makes me reluctant to live my life like the average person would. This has made it very clear that the simplest innocent gesture -- such as taking a picture with a fan -- can be taken out of context. As you can see on the show, I am not perfect, but I am a part of a loving family and couple."

Could your marriage survive eight kids?

next: Countdown to Tonight's "Bachelor" Finale
ame i. March 2, 2009, 9:57 PM

My marriage could survive 10 kids, but I could not remain married to John or Kate. She is overbearing and arrogant. He seems to act inept to get out of helping more with the children. Yes, she should (and does) do more because she is home all day while he is at work, but although they have daily, paid help, he needs to step in more.

Nicole March 2, 2009, 11:29 PM

That’s so stupid. First of all, did everyone forget that Kate is “a much younger woman” herself. If Jon was with a “much younger woman”, then that “woman” must have been a teenager. Kate is in her 20’s (she might be pushing 30 about now I think, but I was thinking she was about 28-29. They are both a very young couple, and a very beautiful couple. Don’t worry Jon and Kate, this just goes to show how much free time some people have on their hands.

mercaties March 2, 2009, 11:48 PM

This is rediculous I would think that if he were really cheating on his wife he wouldn’t have taken a picture with his “mistress” in a public place. I laughed when I read this.

nittanylion March 2, 2009, 11:49 PM

Kate’s about 34, and Jon was in Legends and Shorty’s hitting on college-age women. I don’t think he cheated on her, but he was certainly blotto and flirting.

mannymom March 3, 2009, 12:29 AM

Hello! To the person in the first comment who says Jon works while Kate stays home and does more with the kids? Have you been living under a rock?? Have you missed the last COUPLE seasons? He quit to sit home and collect money living off his kids. He DOES do more than Kate however! But they have nannies, craft services, a chef, maids, etc. They basically do nothing. Get your story straight! And yes, he cheats. I live in their town and it’s a well known fact. Sorry to burst your bubble.

youmorons March 3, 2009, 1:58 AM

mannymom…you know all cuz you live in their town? so your source of information is a guy my cousin knows whose brother used to work with a guy married to a woman who lived 3 blocks down from Jon 3 years before he moved in? well known fact, huh?

Gigohead  March 3, 2009, 9:56 AM

I don’t blame the guy. She’s overbearing and practically strips his manhood on television. He may need affirmation from another woman.

amy March 3, 2009, 10:28 AM

I’m soooo over these two!!!!!They are ungrateful,overbearing and obnoxious!!!
I use to watch the show and thought it was cute until they started getting all the free trips and things and seem to always be saying give us more.

Anonymous March 3, 2009, 11:12 AM

I wish society would stop glamorizing parents of multiples (Jon & Kate, Octo Mom) and parents with large families (Duggars).

Rachel March 3, 2009, 6:40 PM

I love their show..they are real and down to earth. People just hate on them because they get free trips (and have not denied that). They are ALWAYS very grateful for what they now have, as it was not always that way. And they are completely different than Octo mom (who already had six kids before going in for more) and the Duggars (who refuse to use birth control and have their older children help raise the younger ones). There’s no comparing the 3 to each other.

KK March 3, 2009, 7:23 PM

I feel bad for him. Jon really does not seem like the type of guy who would do this. Granted, I do not know him personally, but he and Kate truly seem committed to their family and they seem to truly love their kids. I don’t care what other people may think of the show, but nobody deserves to have rumors spread about them before we know all the facts. Jon probably really was just taking some pictures with fans. I mean, you know those annoying college girls, they all love the show cause of the little kids. Just leave the guy alone. No matter what you think of him personally, my bet is he is just trying to live his life and provide for his family just like everyone else.

Ann March 3, 2009, 7:32 PM

The poor guy was probably just out for a beer with some friends and trying to be a nice guy by being friendly with fans. After all, without them there would be no show and he would be out of a job. It’s sad that people have nothing better to do but start rumors like this. Leave Jon alone. These types of rumors aren’t good for anyone, especially his kids.

Melissa March 3, 2009, 10:26 PM

Where are they from in PA? Is there actual proof he cheated?

Samantha March 3, 2009, 11:39 PM

Exactly, Melissa. I would have to see pictures to believe this!

Ali March 4, 2009, 11:51 AM

I don’t know why we as Americans feel the need to destroy others. Yes, they share their life with us on TV but the rumor mill should leave them alone. As for the size of a family… to each their own. With Jon & Kate they weren’t trying for 6 at a time that is just what they got. They will tell you they are not perfect but doing the best they can. People should shut up! The Duggers are raising decent kids and PAYING for them themselves! “OctoMom” should have not had more when she couldn’t pay for the ones she already has but now that those precious babies are here lets pray for their well being and get off her case. How many children someone has is not anyone elses business.

Weed March 4, 2009, 2:04 PM

Apparently you don’t watch the show - Jon does not work outside the home and hasn’t for the past 2 years and he does WAY more than Kate with those kids. Watch the show before throwing those stupid comments out there. I don’t believe in cheating but dang - Jon has a hard way to go if Kate treats him that bad when the cameras are rolling - I can’t imagine how she acts when they’re off.

Weed March 4, 2009, 2:06 PM

Oh and Nicole - Kate’s 34, not a spring chicken. Dang - don’t any of the people who are commenting watch the show??

Me March 5, 2009, 12:26 PM

Really guys. I would doubt that either would cheat on each other! They are in love the have their moments but I just don’t see it happening!

RIK March 5, 2009, 10:15 PM

Okay first and foremost mannymom, unless you have actually been to their house, and I doubt that, How would you know if they have a nanny, chef etc etc? Everyone knows that people who film get craft food services,big deal! What Mom with 8 kids wouldn’t need a baby sitter or nanny ?Someone to give her a break (I have 4 and would love one) If she has a cleaning service do her house who cares, millions of families do , some with no kids. Sounds to me like someone is a little jealous.

Susie Q March 5, 2009, 10:18 PM

well anyone could have seen this coming…no wonder John is “steppin’ out” on Kate…she’s a total B**** and a hypocrite, going around telling everyone how “blessed” she is and how much she loves God, but treating her husband like dirt and complaining about how much they DON’T have, even though they make $65,000 per episode and take vacations to every freakin’ amusement park in the world…i hope that they can work things out, but honestly, i don’t blame John ONE bit if he wanted to be with someone who treats him like a MAN, instead of Kate who talks to him like he’s one of the kids…not to mention he’s probably not getting any these days from Mrs. “I-need-a-day-for-myself” Gosselin