F.B.I. Clears Anthony Family of Incest Suspicions

It's been determined that Casey Anthony's brother Lee isn't Caylee's father -- but who is? Will the defense use the unknown man to cast doubt in the Casey Anthony trial?

casey-lee-anthony.jpg

It's official. Newly released F.B.I. documents from the Casey Anthony case conclude Lee Anthony is not the father of little Caylee.

It's no wonder the F.B.I. wanted to rule Lee out being Caylee's dad. Casey's explanation of Caylee's paternity had always been attributed to Jesus Ortiz, a 21-year-old killed in a car crash. But no one had ever heard of him in her family. Was Jesus Ortiz just another name plucked from the thin air -- similar to the selection of the name Zanaida Gonzalez for the non-existent nanny?

Hints of incest in the Anthony family was another reason for the suspicions Lee was a daddy.  Allegedly, Casey told both her former fiance Jesse Grund and her former boyfriend Ricardo Morales that Lee made unwanted advances when they were both teenagers.

jesse-grund.jpg

Before the results were made public, many following the case said the possiblity of incest helped make sense of the bizarre behavior of the Anthony family:

"As for the incest story ... it sure would explain a lot of Casey's behavior, the lies for one," writes one armchair detective on a Casey Anthony message board. "Her sociopathic behavior. And why Cindy is going to such lengths to protect her. Denial would have been something Cindy's been used to dealing with, denying her children are having sex."

Others believed Caylee is a hybrid of names Casey and Lee.

With the paternity of Caylee still a mystery, some speculate the defense will use the unknown father as a possible suspect in the toddler's murder.

Do you believe the defense will try to pin Caylee's murder on Caylee's unknown father?

Boyfriend Wiretap Casey Cries Casey Interview Casey Texts
Meter Reader Hoover Interview Redacted Statements Text Messages

See Also:

next: I Don't Need No Stinkin' Hula Hoop!
Sally March 19, 2009, 9:15 AM

Also, Jodi, how do you know what forensic evidence the prosecution of Casey Anthony has? They haven’t released it all yet to the defense.

IVOIRE March 19, 2009, 9:40 AM

BEWARE “JODI” ALERT!!!!…FYI “JODI” IS REALLY CINDY ANTHONY!!!

CINDY ANTHONY USES DIFFERENT FAKE NAMES ON NUMEROUS WEBSITES RIDICULOUSLY DEFENDING THE EVIL DAUGHTER SHE ALONE CREATED (CINDY LOVES READING THE BLOGS ..SHE CAN’T HELP HERSELF!)….”JODI” ( AND ALL HER OTHER ALIAS’S) KEEP POPPING UP ON ALL THE BLOGS GOING ON AD NAUSEUM ABOUT THE “INNOCENCE” OF CASEY….

BEST DEFENSE REGARDING “JODI”….IGNORE HER!

jodi March 19, 2009, 9:52 AM

Sally: I do not know that Ron did anything but suspect him and Misty because of his responses to simple questions and obvious drug use which has been confirmed by many.. Those of us that don’t partake in drinking and drug use can see in the eyes and body movements and responses when the person is on drugs. At no point did I say Ron murdered the child. I said I believe that Ron and Misty are involved and work was his cover story. I certainly never said anything like mem murder and women don’t. In fact I had said years ago that Susan Smith was lying in her very first plea on TV. Nancy Grace does not “just report what police say”. NG sensationalizes. For ex. The FBI reports that Lee was excluded as the possible Father of Caylee has been in print since March 7th but NG still, even last night had script running that said “Is Lee the Father of Caylee?” She knew Lee had been cleared 2 weeks ago but wants ratings. Watch Greta on FOX for real reporting and investigating. I do not distrust police. I trust police to do their job which by law allows them, in fact encourages them to lie, mislead and do whatever they think will cause the person they suspect of a crime to confess. That is why in this country we are all inocent untill proven guilty in a court of law. We all have a right to offer a defense. Now, I have answered your questions but note that you avoided my question regarding what do you think NG would say if this was one of her twins missing after her husband had a 17 year old girlfriend sitting??? By the way, I used to love the NG show before she began a tabloid like coverage of Caylee and Haleigh.

Michael March 19, 2009, 9:56 AM

She has to know she is going to spend the rest of her life in prison at this point unless someone comes forward and confesses. All the evidence points to her and only her (and her family)!

And watch, her family is gonna get a book deal after this is all over and get paid.

phillipe March 19, 2009, 10:21 AM

The Anthonys are selfish people. Of course there are another set of grandparents out there who didn’t know they had a granddaughter named Caylee, now they don’t even know their granddaughter was murdered. The Anthonys know damn well who the father of Caylee was. The Anthonys just wanted Caylee all to themselves. UNBELIEVABLE!

jodi March 19, 2009, 10:32 AM

Sally, The prosecutor is required to release all evidence to the defense in timely fashion but in Florida, the “sunshine law” also allows the media access to all released evidence. It would be foolish for the prosecutor to hold back any evidence because that would be grounds for the defense to have that evidence thrown out. Remember that at no point have I ever said Casey was inocent. What I have said is that so far, the prosecutor has released no evidence which links Casey to murder. My guess is that the prosecutor knows they do not have this case locked up and have been trying to push her family by embarassing them with trash talk.

Squirt March 19, 2009, 11:14 AM

George is not the father. Don’t be sick. The reason Casey is going to walk is not only because all the evidence (so far) is circumstantial, but any potential jury is going to be tainted by the disgusting accusations you people are throwing around. Paternity has nothing to do with the case. If Casey was going to use the baby daddy defense, she would have done it already. Who cares who her daddy is? He had nothing to do with Caylee for almost 3 years, why bother dreadging it up now? The Anthony family did what any other family would do. Called the police and reached out for help from the public. What did they get in return? I for one respect and support them. I would hate to be in their shoes. How about you? Did you ever stop to think about what they are feeling instead of assuming the worst? They didn’t kill the baby, quit treating them like the criminals.

Sally March 19, 2009, 11:18 AM

Jodi, thank you for answering my questions. I don’t know the answer to your question about Nancy Grace.

JAC March 19, 2009, 11:22 AM

Interesting how Sally asks that Jodi not attack her personally but asks that Jodi answer questions written in an attacking tone. So Sally, I am waiting for your answer to Jodi’s question of what you think Nancy Grace would say if it were one of her twins that went missing while under the watchfull eye of of a 17 year old girlfriend of her baby’s Daddy? And I do think Casey is responsible for the death of Caylee but agree with Jodi that there is no evidence that connects her to the murder.

Jodi's Wrong March 19, 2009, 11:26 AM

Jodi I think you are way off; there is a ton of evidence linking Casey to this crime. For example:

1) Cadaver dogs and air sample testing indicated evidence of human decomposition in the trunk of Casey’s car
2) Hair found in the truck of Casey’s car indicates that it came from a deceased Caylee
3) Traces of choloform found in the trunk of Casey’s car (coupled with searches for how to make chloroform on the Anthony computer)
4) Items at the crime scene have been linked back to the Anthony home (e.g., the Winnie the Pooh blanket, heart sticker, duct tape, laundry bag)

In addition to the above, there is a mountain of circumstantial evidence, such as:

1) Casey was the last person known to be with Caylee prior to her death
2) Casey’s behavior prior to and after the crime indicates that she was involved (e.g., failing to report the child missing, lying to investigators, etc.)
3) Casey had motive (e.g., to punish Cindy, to be free of responsibility so she can party, etc.) and opportunity.

How do you explain all of the above evidence if Casey is innocent?

JAC March 19, 2009, 11:27 AM

OK Sally has answered although insincere, at least “I don’t know” is an answer.

Karen March 19, 2009, 11:42 AM

She, Casey, and her family have said that the father’s name was Eric Baker, not Jesus Ortiz……

Sally March 19, 2009, 12:24 PM

JAC, if you will read all five pages of the Momlogic Blog Casey Anthony: I did not commit a crime, you will see why I said what I did to Jodi. I attempted to tell Jodi on that blog why I had suspicions asbout her and each time she reacted by writing under screennames Sheila and Jack to defend herself and toot her horn and accusing me of writing under multiple screennames. On that blog, I told her that I thought she was a know it all who had to be right. When I saw her post on this blog, I tried a different approach by asking her questions to show her that she comes across like she knows it all and is always right. When she answered my questions, she admitted that she did not know it all and sounded less know it all. I still don’t know who Jodi is but at least Jodi has admitted that she doesn’t know it all and is not always right.

jodi March 19, 2009, 12:30 PM

Answer to questions posted on 3/19/09 11:26AM: 1)Air sample testing of the trunk indicated decomposition of organic matter which could be a dead squirl or dirty diaper or pizza. Cadaver dogs were not repeatable but even if there was proof of Caylee herself decomposing in that trunk, the car was left for days and therefore the chain of evidence was broken. This is not forensic evidence linking Casey to murder or even accidental death. 2) The one hair found by police is listed as similar to Caylee’s with a “possible death band” and the word possible written by the lab will keep it out of court. IF the hairs Dr. Lee found after police finished are determined to be Caylee’s and have an absolute death band then we will have proof that Caylee’s dead body was in the trunk at some point. Still no forensic proof that Casey killed her. IF those hairs are determined to be someone elses hair???????? 3)Chloroform tested in the trunk was too high to be from a human decomposition. The computor searches were on Casey’s lap top which was used by many people including the ex boyfriend that had on his web page the quote “Win her over with chloroform” Regardless it is not forensic evidence linking Casey to murder. 4)Items at the crime scene do not link Casey to murder. Of course anything with Caylee when she went missing was likely to be found with her. Ex. Polly Klasp (sp) was found dead with the items she was last scene with in her room. If you went missing today and were found dead tomorrow, you would likely be found with the items you have with you. Does that mean we should claim that the last member of your family that saw you killed you? The rest of your post you have admitted is circumstantial. Circumstantial means that it is not forensic evidence linking Casey to murder.

Freedom March 19, 2009, 12:47 PM

CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE HAS BEEN KNOWN TO WIN A MURDER CASE.
JODI, I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WELL. MAY YOU HEAL WITH TIME AND FIND A WAY TO MOVE FORWARD IN YOUR LIVES WITH OUT YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER AND WITH OUT YOUR DAUGHTER. AND MAY YOUR DAUGHTER FIND IT IN HER HEART TO CONFESS, IF NOT NOW, THEN SOMEDAY.

Yvonne March 19, 2009, 1:02 PM

I hate to think that George is the father of Caylee, but nothing suprises me about this family.. I think he sould be tested and ruled out. I don’t understand why the family of the deceased that Casey claims is the father, or law enforcement has not demanded DNA testing to find out if this precious child is part of thier family. Another thing that has been haunting me from the very beggining is when Cindy first called 911 and the dispacher talked to Casey she told her Caylee had been missing for 31 days. We later found out that is not true and that she was seen on Fathers day. Now tell me how could a Mother who claims she loves her child and is doing her own investigation does not even really know how many days her daughter has been missing for. God forbid if one of my kids went missing that date would be burned in my mind forever!!!! In all her partying and fun Casey lost track of how long it had been since she had murdered her daughter!! She makes me SICK!!!! ALso, does anyone else sense a sexual relationship between her and her lawyer, she was spending 4 hours a day 5 days a week in his office when she was out on bond. He’s just as sick as she is if thats going on…

Jodi's Wrong March 19, 2009, 1:13 PM

Jodi, there is nobody so blind as one who refuses to see.

The air tests in the trunk showed evidence of HUMAN decomposition, not just organic. There was no pizza in the trunk, just an empty box and nobody has ever suggested that a dead squirrel or other animal was in the trunk. Cadaver dogs are trainined to respond to human decomp not animal or pizza. Further, the odor described by Cindy/George/Lee and the investigators was described as the smell of human death, not animal. The fact the the amount of chloroform found in the trunk was more than could be expected from human decomp is not in any way exculpatory - in fact it’s evidence that choloroform was being admisistered to the child and this may have actually been the cause of death. This is especially damaging when combined with the evidence of cholorform searches on Casey’s computer. Items at the crime scene absolutely and without any doubt do link Casey to the crime scene, you can deny it all you want but your denial speaks more about you than it does about the case.

You also seem to misunderstand what circumstantial evidence really is or means. The fact that something is circumstantial evidence does not mean that you can just dismiss it or ignore it.

Of course all of this is evidence linking Casey to the crime, else she would not be in jail right now would she; it doesn’t provide absolute proof but then again nothing would not even a confession. But to say that it doesn’t even link Casey to the crime is either completely naive or disingenuous. Casey would not have been arrested, indicted, and held unless there was evidence linking her to this crime.

Beleive as you will, but don’t try to fool yourself or others into believing that your denail is justified by lack of evidence or reasonable doubt, because it’s not.

jodi March 19, 2009, 1:22 PM

Although circumstantial evidence has been known to win murder cases in the past, it is also the reason many people have been freed years later when forensic evidence like DNA comes in to clear them. Then the person convicted on circumstantial evidence and now proven to be inocent sues the state and lives off our tax money for ther rest of their lives. FREEDOM: Funny how when you can’t win a debate you resort to name calling like a 3rd grader. I wish you well dear and hope someday you get an education.

MrRealist March 19, 2009, 1:37 PM

Can we all give a “Happy Birthday” shout out to Casey the Killer!
23 and what a waste of human life. A real poster child for the death penalty. Still defiant, remorseless and lying after commiting premeditated murder of her only child.
Still no visitors, ah what a family.
Poor Caylee never had a chance with this mama killer and dysfunctional family. Happy Birthday Casey.

jta23 March 19, 2009, 1:50 PM

I agree with you Jodi. I have read many posts by this person and find that the argument he/she is putting across is not that Casey is inocent but that Casey so far is not forensically linked to the murder of Caylee. I have also seen that Jodi takes the time to respond to questions even when they appear to be from children or rude adults with grade school education or maybe just no sense of logic. I agree with Jodi that Casey may be responsible for Caylee’s death but there is no solid forensic evidence linking Casey to a murder. TO THE COWARD POSTING AS “jodi’s wrong”: Forensic evidence of chloroform in the trunk or death band on a hair is forensic evidence but what Jodi has tried to tell you many times, in many ways is that a hair of Caylee’s in the trunk or chloroform in the trunk of a car left for days in an open lot, is not forensically linked to Casey. A finger print of Caseys on the sticky side of the duct tape would have linked Casey because the tape either was put on this child just before death, causing her death or just after. Also, Casey was in jail before being charged with murder. I mdon’t think you are disingenuous, I think you believe the crap you are spewing but you are at least not very bright.