F.B.I. Clears Anthony Family of Incest Suspicions

It's been determined that Casey Anthony's brother Lee isn't Caylee's father -- but who is? Will the defense use the unknown man to cast doubt in the Casey Anthony trial?

casey-lee-anthony.jpg

It's official. Newly released F.B.I. documents from the Casey Anthony case conclude Lee Anthony is not the father of little Caylee.

It's no wonder the F.B.I. wanted to rule Lee out being Caylee's dad. Casey's explanation of Caylee's paternity had always been attributed to Jesus Ortiz, a 21-year-old killed in a car crash. But no one had ever heard of him in her family. Was Jesus Ortiz just another name plucked from the thin air -- similar to the selection of the name Zanaida Gonzalez for the non-existent nanny?

Hints of incest in the Anthony family was another reason for the suspicions Lee was a daddy.  Allegedly, Casey told both her former fiance Jesse Grund and her former boyfriend Ricardo Morales that Lee made unwanted advances when they were both teenagers.

jesse-grund.jpg

Before the results were made public, many following the case said the possiblity of incest helped make sense of the bizarre behavior of the Anthony family:

"As for the incest story ... it sure would explain a lot of Casey's behavior, the lies for one," writes one armchair detective on a Casey Anthony message board. "Her sociopathic behavior. And why Cindy is going to such lengths to protect her. Denial would have been something Cindy's been used to dealing with, denying her children are having sex."

Others believed Caylee is a hybrid of names Casey and Lee.

With the paternity of Caylee still a mystery, some speculate the defense will use the unknown father as a possible suspect in the toddler's murder.

Do you believe the defense will try to pin Caylee's murder on Caylee's unknown father?

Boyfriend Wiretap Casey Cries Casey Interview Casey Texts
Meter Reader Hoover Interview Redacted Statements Text Messages

See Also:

next: I Don't Need No Stinkin' Hula Hoop!
Jodi's Wrong March 19, 2009, 1:59 PM

Jodi (aka jta23), how sad for you that you feel it’s necessary to respond to your own posts under a different name. You are trying to make it seem like others are defending or agree with you but it’s very transparent. This is pathetic.

jta23 March 19, 2009, 2:17 PM

Momlogic should refuse the post of someone like the poster at 3/19/09 1:59. You are a fool. Although I am not the author of this, I agree with the poster on another blog that says to fools, “Please remove your genes from our gene pool. Anyone that disagrees with the children or rude adults are called “Jodi” or “Cindy” by you under many different names. I have no more time for you.

JAC March 19, 2009, 2:34 PM

Sally, I found the momlogic blog you refer to and disagree with you respectfully. To me it looks like you, sunshine and several were all the same rude person while Jodi attempted to educate you. Again, there is not a single post in which Jodi says Casey is inocent or even not guilty. Jodi continues, much like a defense lawyer to try to show you that the evidence is only circumstantial and that so far nothing connects Casey with solid forensic evidence to any murder. I have read many blogs and now think that this Sally, sunshine, “jodi’s wrong” and several other posters are either children, uneducated adults, lawyers for the prosecutor or Nancy Grace employees. Jodi’s blogs are clear and Sheila or Jodi said in one blog that Sheila works for Jodi. I also read that Jodi is a chemist, therefore the clear logic in those posts makes perfect sense to me. Once again you Sally gave a weak response to the question asked of you by Jodi while Jodi answered all your questions with respect you may not have deserved.

Sally March 19, 2009, 2:45 PM

Yvonne regarding your comments posted 03/19/09 01:02 PM: “Another thing that has been haunting me from the very beggining is when Cindy first called 911 and the dispacher talked to Casey she told her Caylee had been missing for 31 days. We later found out that is not true and that she was seen on Fathers day.” Yvonne, what is strange is that even though Casey told 911 and the investigators on July 15, the last time she saw Caylee was June 9, she was correct about the number of days Caylee was missing. George says he last saw Caylee leaving the house with Casey on June 16, the day after Father’s Day when neighbors said they heard a loud argument between Casey and Cindy. The 911 call was made on July 15. If you count the days between June 16 and July 15, it was 31 days. If it is true that the investigators have a diary confession that Casey murdered Caylee as a “mercy killing” to keep her from Cindy, it makes sense that Casey may count the days since she last saw Caylee but not remember the exact date. Casey’s actions those 31 days indicate she was happy about her decision. She smiled, laughed, partied, entered a hot body contest, text messaged friends, slept with her boyfriend every night, cooked him and his roommates dinner, got a tatoo, “Beautiful Life.” When Lee asked Casey July 15 why she didn’t just let them see that Caylee was all right, she said, “Maybe, because I’m a spiteful b..ch” and brought up that Cindy called her an unfit mother and Caylee “Casey’s mistake.” Casey also gave other clues that Caylee was dead by saying that she was close to home and all right. Caylee was buried in multiple bags with a heart sticker just like Casey buried her pets in the same location. It indicates to me that Casey deliberately killed Caylee because she thought she was doing the right thing for Caylee. As a sociopath, she wouldn’t bond with Caylee so she could easily kill her. Friends said Casey told them Cindy was constantly threatening to take custody of Caylee. Lee told several people that Cindy grabbed Casey by the neck during that fight on June 15 because she’d found out Casey had stolen money from her grandfather’s assisted living fund. Casey is now refusing to see Lee, George and Cindy and only communicating with her attorney about winning her murder case. This indicates to me that Casey believes her mercy killing is justified and she should be set free.

Sally March 19, 2009, 2:56 PM

Jodi’s Wrong, you are right. Jodi is following her same pattern and when she can’t stand the heat, writes under two screen names defending herself and tooting her own horn. She is smart. I have to hand it to her. She paid attention when I brought up the same writing style and the fact that she always wrote under four letter names. She’s cut out her dots and question marks when writing under fake names and is now writing under initials like: JAC and JTA23. I figured JAC was another of Jodi’s screennames and so I told JAC to read the other Momlogic blog and as I suspected, JAC mouthed almost word for word what Jodi had written under the screenname Jack on the other Momlogic blog and jta23. Jodi will continue to write in various screennames to pretend everybody thinks like he/she does and claim everybody who believes Jodi is a fraud and Casey is guilty is the same person. I intend to just ignore him/her from now on.

JAC March 19, 2009, 3:05 PM

Sally, sunshine, “jodi’s wrong”, thanks for proving me right. Just like on the previous blog when under one of your names, you claimed Jodi gave up rather than the simple explanation offered by someone that maybe Jodi was not a child spending her Friday night, all night, chatting with children.

Gabs March 19, 2009, 3:07 PM

I think the big secret in the family is that Casey is a hermaphrodite and impregnated herself.

Sally March 19, 2009, 3:44 PM

After studying the demeanor of Jodi and her other screennames, I am back to my original belief that Jodi is Cindy Anthony. Jodi/JAC/JTA23 has the same belief system as Cindy Anthony. That is that Cindy Anthony believes that if she says something it will be true. Example: Casey is not a murderer, Caylee is not dead, maybe someone put a body in the car after it was towed to the tow yard, air tests mean nothing, there is no evidence, the cops are brainwashing the media, Nancy Grace, Leonard Padilla and Tim Miller are all liars when they say Caylee is dead. Since Caylee was found dead and Cindy didn’t want to hear, “I told you so,” she has taken to the blogs to spread her reasonable doubt. It’s sad that Cindy/Jodi now spends her time fighting with bloggers instead of the media and deluding herself. Now she believes that if she says over and over that there is no evidence against Casey, what she believes is logical, anybody who disagrees with her is wrong, a fool, a child and the same person that will make it true. Cindy/Jodi will sadly continue to live in this fantasy world as Casey is put to death or languishes in prison. What is sad is that Casey doesn’t care what happens to her family so why do they care so much?

knarahs March 19, 2009, 3:50 PM

I had noticed that there were pages missing from Casey’s journal when they first released pictures of it, and everyone was trying to determine what year the “June 21” entry was made, especially when the year “2003” is written on the opposing flyleaf. I wonder who took the pages out? Did Casey take them out and try to hide them? I can’t see law enforcement removing pages from a journal, especially one so damaging. It’s easy to see the book had been tampered with. As far as the defense trying to pin the murder on the “baby daddy,” I think the defense will try to pin it on ANYBODY but their client. Why the defense team thinks the jury will believe ANYTHING Casey says after all the lies she’s spouted so far (beginning way back with “No, I’m not pregnant”), is beyond me. It will be interesting to see the defense teams acrobatic act in October!

knarahs March 19, 2009, 4:06 PM

Jodi, you’re wrong on one MAJOR point — we HAVE heard more than just information from the prosecutor/police — we have heard from Casey herself: (1) I work at Universal; (2) I have a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez; (3) the nanny lives at the Sawgrass Apts.; (4) Jeff Hopkins introduced me to the nanny; (5) Jeff has a son, Zachary; (6) the nanny babysits Zachary, too; (7) I went to work at Universal on June 9; (8) I told 2 co-workers about Caylee being missing; (9) I’ve been looking for Caylee. Now, let’s see how truthful she’s been: (1) no job; (2) no nanny; (3) apartment empty; (4) no he didn’t; (5) no he doesn’t; (6)no she doesn’t; (7) no job; (8) people don’t work there; (9) I’ve really been partying. Above all, Casey didn’t even bother to tell ANYONE Caylee was missing until her mother FORCED her to do so — she even ducked her brother when he was trying to locate them. I’s sorry, Jodi, actions speak louder than words — Casey’s words may say one thing, but her actions scream GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY!

Think About It March 19, 2009, 4:10 PM

The defense is not obligated to offer an alternative theory or a specific alternative suspect. They just need to establish reasonable doubt. That means they will try to poke holes in the evidence presented, question the investigation tactics, try to raise doubt in the validity of the forensics results, etc. They will probably try to show that many other people besides Casey had motive and opportunity (e.g., boyfriends, baby daddy, the meter reader, maybe even family members, anyone other than Casey), but they will definitely not attempt to prove their alternative theories or suspects. They will simply try to convince the jury that it’s a reasonable possibility that someone else did it.

sunshine March 19, 2009, 4:36 PM

knarahs: There is no question that Casey has lied about many things but a liar is not proof of murder. Jodi talks about the lack of forensic evidence linking Casey to murder.

Sally March 19, 2009, 4:41 PM

Think about it, that’s why Casey will be found guilty. There is no reasonable doubt that anyone other than Casey Anthony did it. Like Knaras said, Casey’s actions scream guilty, guilty, guilty. Also screaming guilty are cadaver dogs alerting on a smell of a decomposing body in Casey’s car and the Anthonys back yard, the neighbor testifying Casey borrowed a shovel and backed the car in the driveway June 18, the air tests showing a dead body was in the trunk and chloroform saturated the air, the hair with death bands and stains with DNA in the trunk, Caylee’s skull found with duct tape and a heart sticker on the mouth, double bagged in an area where Casey buried a pet hamster, all of the evidence left at the body dump tracing back to the Anthony home. If a diary confession exists but is being tested at a lab before released, that will nail Casey’s coffin shut. The defense experts will try to confuse the jury but a jury is usually smart and can put the pieces of a puzzle together. If the death penalty goes back on the table, I predict Ms. Sociopath, Pathological Liar Murderess will plead guilty to save her scrawny neck. Cindy Anthony will say “My Casey is not a murderer. She only plead guilty to save her family under death threats by the real killer.” Sure, Cindy. We know who the real killer is. She lived under your roof for 22 years. You’re lucky she didn’t chloroform you as you slept.

knarahs March 19, 2009, 4:53 PM

Think About It — you are correct — the defense is not obligated to offer an alternative theory or a specific alternative suspect. However, one of the things Casey is charged with is making false statements to LE - and they WILL have to provide some explanation as to all the false statements she’s made. Likewise, the prosecution is not obligated to show motive. They are not required to prove the “why” of a crime, only the “who” beyond a reasonable doubt. However, juries have come to expect the prosecution to be able to not only show that the acused had time, opportunity, and means to commit a crime, but also the reason. In like manner, even though the defense isn’t OBLIGATED to show that it WAS someone else, most juries insist that the defense be able to show that it definitely WASN’T the accused. I’m sure the defense can show that other people had access to the car, the computer, the gargage bags, the laundry bag, the Winnie-the-Pooh blanket, the toys, the duct tape, and the heart stickers, but only Casey had access to ALL of these things in or about the time Caylee went missing, as well as being the last person seen with Caylee, and the defense will have to show that someone else had AN EQUAL DEGREE of access. I agree with you that the defense in this case will try to poke holes in the evidence presented, however, I also believe that the jurors will expect the defense to address Casey’s prior statements - those proven to be lies (I work at Universal), and those that have no support as to their truth (I have a nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez). If I were a juror, I would expect no less.

independent thinker March 19, 2009, 4:53 PM

Sally and her alias’: Was the OJ case decided on circumstantial evidence or forensic evidence?

sifjef8 March 19, 2009, 4:57 PM

I hope they catch the real killer someday. Casey has nothing to do with Caylees death in my opinion. She looked like such a loving and caring mother. There’s no way could she have ever harmed Caylee.

Think About It March 19, 2009, 5:01 PM

Jodi, I see your point about a lack of good, solid forensic evidence which amounts to a smoking gun. However, juries are made of ordinary people and most ordinary people place an enormous amount of stock in their common-sense, gut-feel reactions. Lack of forensic evidence does not equate to reasonable doubt for most people. If you, just for the sake of argument, ignore the forensic evidence (or lack thereof), what does your common-sense gut-reaction tell you? If you look only at Casey’s behavior before and after the alleged crime, what conclusion do you draw? The conclusion I draw is that Casey’s behavior clearly indicates her responsibility for Caylee’s death. Someone who is not responsible for her death would have reacted and behaved differently (e.g., they would have called the police at the first sign of any trouble, they would have cooperated instead of lied to investigators, etc.). Admittedly, none of this amounts to proof and none of it is forensic evidence. But so what? A curcumstantial case can be very powerful without one single shred of forensic evidence. Furthermore, there is some forensic evidence, as has been mentioned by others. As I said, there is nothing that can be considered a smoking-gun, but few people need a smoking gun to draw reasonable conclusions about guilt or innocence.

knarahs March 19, 2009, 5:02 PM

Sunshine - Yes, there IS forensic evidence: (1) “death band” hair mtDNA’s to be consistent with Caylee’s in the trunk of CASEY’S car; (2) large traces of chloroform in the trunk of CASEY’S car; (3) laundry bag matching those in CASEY’S home; (4) garbage bags matching those in CASEY’s home; (5) stickers similar to that found at the scene found in CASEY’S OWN BEDROOM. How conclusive is this evidence? That is for the jury to determine. And yes, being a liar does not make you a murder, however, most murderer’s are liars — they have to be to cover up their crime. This will be an intersting trial.

FedUP March 19, 2009, 5:07 PM

I hope Casey gets set free due to a mistrial. The way I see it, even if she did kill Caylee, as a mother that’s within her rights. How many people here have heard mothers say, “I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it?” Perhaps Casey was just following through with that often heard threat? Regardless, she’s such a nice and beautiful young woman that it would be a shame to keep her locked up in prison. She can always have another kid.

Sally March 19, 2009, 5:32 PM

Independent Thinker, O. J. Simpson was found Not Guilty by Celebrity along with Michael Jackson and Robert Blake. How many OJ fans were cheering OJ as he fled the cops in the white Bronco as if they were watching him on the football field? Linda Kinney Baden didn’t get Phil Specter a hung jury. His celebrity status did. Casey Anthony doesn’t have any fans to root for her. But Caylee does. She has a lot of them. It will be Caylee’s fans who get her a guilty verdict. It’s too bad Grandma you won’t be one of them. Instead, you chose your loser daughter over your darling granddaughter. Shame on you.