F.B.I. Clears Anthony Family of Incest Suspicions

It's been determined that Casey Anthony's brother Lee isn't Caylee's father -- but who is? Will the defense use the unknown man to cast doubt in the Casey Anthony trial?

casey-lee-anthony.jpg

It's official. Newly released F.B.I. documents from the Casey Anthony case conclude Lee Anthony is not the father of little Caylee.

It's no wonder the F.B.I. wanted to rule Lee out being Caylee's dad. Casey's explanation of Caylee's paternity had always been attributed to Jesus Ortiz, a 21-year-old killed in a car crash. But no one had ever heard of him in her family. Was Jesus Ortiz just another name plucked from the thin air -- similar to the selection of the name Zanaida Gonzalez for the non-existent nanny?

Hints of incest in the Anthony family was another reason for the suspicions Lee was a daddy.  Allegedly, Casey told both her former fiance Jesse Grund and her former boyfriend Ricardo Morales that Lee made unwanted advances when they were both teenagers.

jesse-grund.jpg

Before the results were made public, many following the case said the possiblity of incest helped make sense of the bizarre behavior of the Anthony family:

"As for the incest story ... it sure would explain a lot of Casey's behavior, the lies for one," writes one armchair detective on a Casey Anthony message board. "Her sociopathic behavior. And why Cindy is going to such lengths to protect her. Denial would have been something Cindy's been used to dealing with, denying her children are having sex."

Others believed Caylee is a hybrid of names Casey and Lee.

With the paternity of Caylee still a mystery, some speculate the defense will use the unknown father as a possible suspect in the toddler's murder.

Do you believe the defense will try to pin Caylee's murder on Caylee's unknown father?

Boyfriend Wiretap Casey Cries Casey Interview Casey Texts
Meter Reader Hoover Interview Redacted Statements Text Messages

See Also:

next: I Don't Need No Stinkin' Hula Hoop!
independent thinker March 19, 2009, 6:58 PM

Sally you seem to have about 6 different names on this blog and the one you asked JAC to go back and read. I see that several bloggers have tried to explain the difference between circumstantial evidence and forensic evidence to you (under several alias’ you use) but fail to get simple logical common sense through your thick head. OJ got off because the forensic evidence including blood of OJ’s carried in a cop’s car and placed on Nichol’s fence after forensic people had already taken pictures of that spot on the fence showing no blood. Next the glove was forensic evidence because police claimed it was and defense were able to show that it did not fit. The help he got from his dream team including Dr. Lee saved his life. By the way, I agree with Jodi so I’m sure your next post will label me as Jodi or Cindy too. There is forensic evidence like a hair similar to Caylee’s in the trunk and chloroform but none of it links or connects Casey to murder. If Casey left forensic evidence (like a finger print on the tape) where it could only be if she were at the murder then you would have a clear conviction.

independent thinker March 19, 2009, 7:10 PM

Oh Sally I guess I failed to red the last line of your post, You have already called me Grandma referring to Cindy. Get a life!

Carolina March 19, 2009, 7:16 PM

The father is J.P. He is the one who needs to be tested.

Think About It March 19, 2009, 8:12 PM

independent thinker, Casey could have used the duct tape for a legitimate purpose prior to the crime and then someone else could have taken the same roll of duct tape and used it on Caylee; just because her fingerprint is on the duct tape, that doesn’t prove with certainty that she killed Caylee.

In fact, there is virtually no single piece of evidence, short of an authenticated video or photos of the actual crime, which cannot be explained away by some theoretical possibility or leap in logic.

Nobody is saying that the evidence already mentioned in other comments amounts to absolute certainty or proof that Casey killed Caylee, but (with all due respect) you are not thinking clearly if you believe that it doesn’t even provide a link, or a valid reason to suspect that she did do it. When you look at ALL of the evidence together (forensic, circumstantial, testimonial, etc.) from a big picture perspective, it becomes much harder to explain away. If the prosecution presents the case well, the jury will see the big picture. Insightful jurors will evaluate each piece of evidence individually AND in the context of all the other evidence. It will probably be possible to explain away each single piece of evidence with theoretical possibilities or what-ifs, but when viewed as a whole, the entire sum of evidence released so far provides a very clear indicator of guilt. It is theoretically possible Casey could have something up her sleeve at trial and maybe they can invalidate or provide reasonable explanations for the evidence; then again it’s also theoretically possible that we’ll find out that Caylee is still alive and this is just a huge ratings ploy being staged by Nancy Grace…

Sally March 19, 2009, 8:39 PM

Independent thinker, you give me too much credit to write in six different screen names. It would be like speaking six different languages. That’s why it is easy to spot Jodi’s screennames. They all use Jodisms: independent thinker, fool, fingerprints on duct tape, there is no forensic evidence, Jodi is so logical and smart and is trying to “educate” you fools but you just won’t listen. All of Jodi’s screennames have that arrogant, nasty superior attitude that you are smarter than anyone else and anyone who disagrees with you is a fool, beyond your intelligent level, young and the same person. I don’t believe you are stupid so I don’t even believe you believe that just because many of us believe Casey is guilty, that we are all the same screenname. I believe you are intelligent. Any intelligent person can see the difference in writing style and personality. All of the screen names except Jodi’s express themselves in a different way and have a different personality. One person could not write all of the posts that say Casey is guilty. Yet, I believe one person is writing all the posts that say Jodi is right and trying to educate us stupid young people. It indicates to me that the Anthonys and the defense team are worried that Casey won’t get a fair trial because the blogs show so many people think she is guilty. In fact, the defense has even told the media that. The experts even discuss it on all the networks that “everybody thinks she is guilty.” Do you really think that being nasty and calling people fools is going to change their mind?

jo March 19, 2009, 9:38 PM

Ok george anthony shouldn’t be blammed nor gossiped about,he is not caylees father, he was a grandfather who loved his granddaughter, don’t you think if he thought on jun 16th that caylee was going to be hrut he would of given every ouce of his being to protect her from wackomom,we have octomom now wackomom,casey did it she mercy killed caylee, call it what it was murder,she should get the same in way of the DP,
what I think is cindy was ruling that house and controled not only george but also everyoen else and maybe maybe she may of verbally abused casey who the heck knows but she did threaten enough to take caylee, i don’t know whats in the diary,yes i’d like to know but casey’s already dug her burrial plot all on her own and I feel most for george.

independent thinker March 19, 2009, 10:22 PM

Think About it: Her finger print on the sticky side of the duct tape and several inches from either end would be as close to iron clad proof as we could get. They could only argue at that point that someone removed her print from another place and transferred it to the inside of duct tape. That would be very hard for a jury to buy but the fact is they did not find her prints on any part of the duct tape. Now the prosecutor will need to claim that she wore gloves and defense will say anyone with gloves could have done it. I agree that the circumstantial evidence would be enough for many jurors but not with the dream team she has assembled. I agree with Jodi and others that have said there is not a single piece of solid forensic evidence connecting Casey to murder. She could have done it but the solid forensics are not there to connect her to murder. As for the circumstantial evidence, she may have accidentally killed Caylee and covered for herself which explains her lies. She also could be telling truth when she said she was being threatened with Caylee’s life and her families lives if she went to police. I am not saying she did not cause or is not responsible for Caylee’s death. I am saying this is not a slam dunk case and it is possible that she did not commit murder.

Sally March 19, 2009, 11:06 PM

Jodi aka independent thinker is trying to use a brainwashing technique to poison the potential jury pool. The defense and Anthony camp are worried because all the experts in the media are saying Casey is guilty and the defense team should take a plea. Of course, sociopath Casey would never admit guilt so they are left with trying to go to the blogs and change people’s minds. I would love to be on the jury. Unless the defense comes up with a nanny who confesses, I would never vote not guilty. There is too much circumstantial evidence that screams guilty in the first degree.

independent thinker March 19, 2009, 11:24 PM

Sally. “finger prints on duct tape” and “there is no forensic evidence” are Jodisms? I don’t believe that, even you believe, that only this Jodi person would use these phrases. Sure, there are many bloggers that believe Casey is guilty but you and your alias’ are consistantly calling every blogger that sees the lack of forensic evidence “Jodi” or “Cindy” or “part of defense team”. I agree with you on one point, Jodi does appear to be a smart person. I would also point out that once you (and alias’) begin the name calling (Cindy, grandma) that Jodi then points out your 3rd grade mentality. Sally, you are the only one that has been blogging on this site since early this morning. Don’t you have anything else to do?

Sally March 19, 2009, 11:40 PM

Independent thinker you aren’t going to chase me off with your psychological welfare. I’m way ahead of you. Up until recently, everyone on the blogs were saying Casey was guilty except Jodi who limped along with “she’ll walk if her fingerprints aren’t on the duct tape” and then suddenly several screennames pop up with the same mantra but insulting anyone who disagrees with them and backing wonderful, logical, brilliant Jodi who swallows Casey’s bogus the Nanny Did it fairytale hook, line and sinker. What’s wrong with this picture? I’m sure the psychology is to make it look like the tide has turned and now all the bloggers think just like Jodi but Sally who is writing under several screen names. When you all sound like the same arrogant person who ridicules everyone who disagrees, you aren’t fooling anybody but yourself.

independent thinker March 20, 2009, 12:47 AM

Sally, you’ve been on this blog since 9AM today. The only thing we agree on is Jodi comes across as logical and brilliant. The only one buying tales hook line and sinker is you.

sue March 20, 2009, 5:28 AM

I believe that there is an element of incest in the Anthony family also. The picture of Caylee sitting on her greatgrandfathers knee was very disturbing. I feel that the greatgrandfather was forced to have the child on his lap to punish him for transgressions that he previously did to Casey’s mother, and the fact that Cindy Anthony looks way younger then George makes me think that incest with his own daughter is likely. I feel that Casey has been subjected to incest in some form which would explain her over-sexualizations toward others. child abuse of that magnitude could cause pschopathic behavior and to finish perhaps she killed her little girl in a fit of passion to protect her from any incest. Lee is only a collaborator in the Whole scheme of things, because him having knowledge of incest in the family would surely explain his role in protecting his sis and also helping himself to his sister as well.

Freedom March 20, 2009, 11:08 AM

Jodi, Jodi, Jodi…… hmmm, how shall I put this?…. Many people being released due to dna evidence, after being charged, were incorrectly identified by “eye witnesses” and the dna technology we have today was not available back then. I sincerely do not wish to “attack” you just because you have a different “theory” than the rest of the world. We are all entitled to believe whatever we choose to believe as individuals. It’s just that most of us are able to grasp reality a bit tighter than you.

Angela March 20, 2009, 11:08 AM

Oh my goodness,Jodi,Aubie09,independent thinker,why do you keep making up these names.You argue with me on the other blog,do you just go around making up names to argue about your daughter.Go visit your daughter in prison.You aren’t fooling anybody you say the same things on every blog.You know to much,You have a disorder,the crazy as hell disorder.

Angela March 20, 2009, 12:29 PM

Ok Jodi.Independent thinker,Aubie09 and all your other names.As you idle would say”SECOUND VERSE SAME AS THE FIRST”You say the say thing on every blog.GIVE IT A REST!!!!!!!!!!

Sally March 20, 2009, 1:41 PM

Remember that diary they found of Casey’s that Baez claimed was written in 2003. Kathy Belich, an Orlando newscaster, said pages had been ripped out of it and that on those missing pages Casey had wrotten that Caylee was a mercy killing. She said that Casey killed Caylee to keep her away from Cindy and used chloroform and pesticides to do it. That makes sense because on June 15, Father’s Day, Cindy and Casey got into a physical altercation over Casey stealing her grandfather’s living assisted funds and Cindy grabbed Casey around the neck, kicked her out and said she was going to take Caylee. Casey also told Lee Cindy had called her an unfit mother and called Caylee “Casey’s mistake.” On June 16, Casey decided she was going to kill Caylee to keep Cindy from getting her and so she could move in with Tony Lazarro and party and have sex to her heart’s content. That’s what she did until Cindy found the body reeking of Caylee’s dead body and the cops busted her. In a few months, the jury will find her guilty and sentence her to life in prison without parole or give her the death penalty. Hopefully, except for when her appeals are denied and she dies in prison we will not hear about Casey Anthony again.

Angela March 20, 2009, 2:26 PM

Sally anybody that can change my mind is A OK!!!!! Don’t let this woman get to you.She’s the same person under different names.Look the Casey turns 23 blog nobody agrees with her Aubie 09.She gets angry.She knows she caught and she only uses one screen name on that blog. She likes to be little people to bring them down to her level.Over and over I just went to bed and woke up and people were still giving it to her.You know your facts Sally,she is angry because she is wrong.She acts the same every blog under many screen names.She’s a chemist,she’s a police crime lab tech.She’s a nobody.Don’t waste your time.

Sally March 20, 2009, 3:03 PM

What did I change your mind about, Angela? Jodi and all of her various screennames didn’t get to me. I was using a confrontation technique to try to find out who Jodi was and why she/he thought like she did. It started on a previous blog. “Jodi” admitted that he/she was trying to “educate the fools” who believe Casey is guilty of murder. Jodi’s MO is predictable. Every time someone disagrees with “Jodi’s” crazy theories and illogical thinking, “Jodi” makes up another screenname to defend “Jodi” and say how logical and brilliant “Jodi’s” illogical thinking is. When that screenname is “outed,” that screenname ridicules and accuses the person outing “Jodi” of making up screennames and is replaced with another screenname written by “Jodi” to spout the same nonsense. It’s been going on for months on different blogs. I don’t believe even Jodi believes the nonsense. I think Jodi is trying to spread reasonable doubt to poison the jury pool. I wanted to let “Jodi” know that I was on to the game. I also wanted “Jodi” to know he/she can’t intimidate me and chase me off the blogs. I think I got the message across. “Jodi” tries to take over every blog with her nonsense. No matter what screenname “Jodi” uses, it doesn’t work because they all sound like the same arrogant know it all who has to be right ridiculing and laughing at everyone who dares cross “Jodi” or her screennames. I refuse to stoop to her level. I just keep confronting the behavior. Eventually, “Jodi” tires of the game and goes away, only to appear again on another blog. I would love to ignore “Jodi” but someone always comes on and starts arguing with “Jodi” or the new screenname. Arguing only makes “Jodi” more determined to ridicule and educate us fools. Letting “Jodi” know we see through the game makes it harder for “Jodi” to play.

Angela March 20, 2009, 3:41 PM

Well Sally I use to think Cindy Anthony was an innocent mom,who was tring to defend her daughter.The love of a mom.Then later realized Cindy who I believe to be on these blogs is arrogant and selfish just like her Casey.I’m sure Casey grew up in a very odd and unstable home.How else could she had did such a horrible thing.Lee he’s not to intelligent either.Cindy Lie’s for Casey, Lee Lie’s for, Casey George lies for Casey. She’s put on a pestal and never has to answer for any wrong doing. I do believe her parents are responsible for the arrogant,selfish woman she’s turned out to be.Cindy knows this is all a fantasy Casey has cooked up in her head but choses to play along.George I feel bad for him but he also never stands up to Casey and calls her out.They all go along with her little lie and decent game.My gosh this little girl was their flesh and blood how could they defend her killer.Lee and all his CMA junk at the little Caylee’s memorial,even then poor little Caylee couldn’t just be remembered without the focus of her mother.They disgraced little Caylee at her own memorial and again made it about Casey.

Sally March 20, 2009, 5:29 PM

I have always found Cindy Anthony interesting. I always thought Cindy Anthony was very typical of mothers in dysfunctional families who are enmeshed with their children and husband and see them as all the same person. When someone accuses Lee or Casey of something, in Cindy’s dysfunctional mind, they are accusing her of something. That’s why she jumped to Casey’s defense when the sheriff’s deputies arrested Casey after she refused to tell them where Caylee was and cadaver dogs and others smelled a decomposing body in the trunk and started their investigation into the possible homicide of Caylee. Later, I started seeing how much alike Casey and Cindy were. Cindy tried to control the sheriff’s investigation, the media and Caylee’s Memorial service, which was Cindy’s Show honoring Casey, not Caylee. It is not surprising to me that Cindy is on the blogs trying to control what the bloggers think. I’m not a psychotherapist but I believe Casey is a sociopath and Cindy, Casey and Jodi all fit the description of the Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I found this on the Internet: “The Narcissistic personality disorder is a condition characterized by an inflated sense of self-importance, need for admiration, extreme self-involvement, and lack of empathy for others. Individuals with this disorder are usually arrogantly self-assured and confident. They expect to be noticed as superior.”