Meet the Pregnant Prostitute

Why would a mom-to-be have sex for money? Hear her story in her own words.

Alana Love started working the last week of November 2008 at the Moonlite Bunny Ranch. She is single, 20 years old, and was seven months pregnant when she moved in. With a due date of February 14th, 2009, she only had a couple of months to work and save for her future. Momlogic.com talked with Love, and here's what she had to say ...

Love kept a personal diary while at The Bunny Ranch. On her first day, she said, "Today was my first day at the Ranch. I've always wanted to do this and, when my baby comes, I think I will be able to give her a better life. I was really excited to start today. I know some people will be critical of my choice, but it's my life. I am an adult. I'm not doing anything to harm my baby -- and it's legal."

And here's what Love had to say three weeks before her due date: "The holidays went by so quickly! I can't believe it is only three more weeks until my baby girl is due. I went home to see my family over Christmas and then headed back to the Bunny Ranch to work over New Year's. We had a great party attended by several very famous celebrities. I'm sure you would love to know who they are, but I can't tell -- haha. It was a great party, though, and I had a lot of appointments."

Today, she's been removed from the ranch's website because Bunny Ranch owner Dennis Hoff confirms she recently delivered a healthy baby girl.

For more, check out Alona on Tyra Banks.

What do you think of her selling her pregnant body?

next: Rudy Huxtable on Sasha and Malia Obama
Linda Spears March 10, 2009, 12:20 PM

You took a lemon and make lemonaid. Good for you. I don’t judge you…many situations you do things you do not want to do.

I would hope you can now finish school and become a pharmacist (physician assistant) or whatever and not go back to that degrading situation.

There are groups that offer hope to ladies in situations like yours that help the birth mom keep the baby. Instead of being anti-anything..we need to support positive choices.

I dislike the casual sex attitude. There are some diseases that cant be cured with penicillan like cancer.

Whatever our personal views are, for the teens in America I hope we come back to a more “selective respect yourself and women view”.

Once you are pregnant, my opinion, do what is best for you. I’m sure it is not popular, but it is your choice.

I liked how you shared the degrading aspect. Felt this was balanced. I feel compassion for you and your situation. Good luck, girlfriend. Best.

angelina diantonio March 10, 2009, 1:11 PM

What you do to your own body is your business. However when you are pregnant everything effects the baby. From the moment you conceived your child,the child depends on you. Everything that you ingest or smell goes into the baby. You put your child at risk for diseases and abuse. My husband and I tried for over 5 years through fertility. I lost my first baby. I know am blessed with a beautiful baby girl.My pregnancy and labor were precious gifts from God that I will cherish everyday of my life and for all of eternity.Women like you make me sick. I am glad you did not have an abortion but you were just as negligent. Tie your tubes so you do not endanger any more lives !

June  March 10, 2009, 1:31 PM

I feel sorry for her. It is great she is keeping her baby but there are always the right choice in taking care of them. I was a single mom at 19 and I didn’t sell my body on the streets. I did what I could. See, the thing is that society has lost its faith in God and that he will provide for you especially it you make the right choice. My mom was pregnant with me at 17 and she found a way to take care of me and my dad wasn’t always a great provider and he was abusive. Anyway there is always another road to go down. I have been there with barely any money but I made it through and worked a honest living. Society is going down the tubes and morals are becoming less and less. It is a sad world our children are in.

Sarah March 10, 2009, 1:54 PM

I have to agree with lots of the other posters. I have great respect for a woman who wants to take care of herself. I would rather my children meet and respect her than the octuplet mother who would rather sit around on her butt and let other people pay for her children! I would hate to be in her situation but I can’t say that I wouldn’t have done the same thing.

Susie March 10, 2009, 5:09 PM

I also do not agree all the way, but I understand wht she is doing it. Her family should be ashamed of themselves, she needs them now more then ever. I would send her money if she needed it also faster then octo mom. that one is weird. She did it for a tv show!!!

graciela March 10, 2009, 8:57 PM

She is beautiful and young but it seems she wants to have money very quickly and perhaps she is trying to run away from parents. She must have lived a perverse relationship with a fiance or a parent, is not about poverty is about antisocial behavior. she had a baby girl well she wiil be her model, she must quit that job, that is not a job is a playig game, a very risky game, where she feels desirable, she was abandoned by her family and couple this is sad very sad,

Pregnant's good March 11, 2009, 10:22 AM

Passionately in love and pregnant at 18. She was my first and best love. Ever since, to me, pregnancy has been the most beautiful time in a woman’s life.

dawn herdman March 12, 2009, 9:25 AM

to the mom who said” she is just too lazy to find a real descent job” i dont htink she is lazy! are you seven months pregnet? have you ever became pregnet and tried to find a job because you where unemployed? belive me its hard! nobody wants to hire a pregnet women! doesnt matter if its discrimination or not! belive me ive tried to find a job and the fact that im 3 months pregnet nobody wants to hire me! at least she isnt on welfare or begging for money.
kudos to you alana for sharing your story and trying to make a future for you and your little girl!

Anonymous March 12, 2009, 5:41 PM

Why is this newsworthy and what the hell does this have to do with anything? I can’t believe it, what a stupid story and what a stupid girl! And what kind of man would want to have sex and pay for it mind you with a seven month pregnant prositiute? How desperate he must be, how sad this world has become.

mercaties March 13, 2009, 2:42 AM

I’ve read several comments about how degrading it is to the child that she know her mother was a prostitue. How is that any of the childs buisness? She doens’t need to know. I’m sure most of us mother’s have something in our lives that our children don’t need to know. As long as she can give this lifestyle up now that her baby is here and she can rase her baby in a healthy positive environment then no harm done. On a different note, I’m a little confused as to how the Bunny Ranch is legal since prostitution is against the law?? I asked my husband (we have two kids) if it was a turn off having sex while I was pregnant he said no it’s actually a turn on because it’s tighter but it would be really gross if it was somone elses baby.

julie March 13, 2009, 6:35 PM

I dont feel sorry for this girl at all. This is America and whoever choses to be in the sex industry is because they like it and rather lay then work a decent job. People are such tools!

Joi March 19, 2009, 8:50 AM

What is a respectable job, being a cathoic priest?

Renee March 19, 2009, 12:45 PM

I dont like the idea 1 bit,but what ppl need to realize is Judge Not lest u b Judged.I feel 4 her cause for 1,she’s in a very dangerous position(no pun intended)and she’s pregnant.A very pretty woman,you can do better but I know ppl like her,and in these times it’s hard enough,I prey 4 your safety and I’m not gonna bash wha you do,it’s so wrong to judge ppl,remember this for those ppl who do.Take care of yourself hun,be very careful.Peace

keith May 1, 2009, 5:52 AM

I think Everett is a very bad man. Who has sex with a 14 year old then trys to say “she’s playing games at 14”? Your 30! She was a baby herself. You need help Everett, only jail time and CPS will help you. You need GOD. Alana did what she needed to for her baby. You offered $25 a month? Then on the new show u say she’s not your daughter even after a DNA test? I Hope you sign off your rights. Your sick Everett. Look in the mirrior. Parents should do ANYTHING they need to for their babies. Alana did. I’m sure Alana is giving her daughter a great life and I hope that the baby never meets you. I would hate for you to “touch” your child. You like 16 year olds at 30???!!!! I’m sorry but I hope you get what’s coming to you. Your parents should be ashamed of making you. I hope you never see you 3 kids after CPS gets ahold of you.

Amhhkwob June 30, 2009, 3:25 PM

vnIQqw comment6 ,

Pfjjfbet June 30, 2009, 10:49 PM

H4vCE2 comment4 ,

Forum maman March 5, 2011, 9:01 PM

A powerful share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing somewhat evaluation on this. And he in reality bought me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If potential, as you turn into expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with extra details? It is extremely helpful for me. Large thumb up for this weblog post!