Michelle and Barack Obama: Just Like Us

Don't think just because he's busy solving the economic crisis he doesn't notice the little things, like a pair of new shoes. According to Michelle Obama, Barack notices everything.

Obama Family

In a recent interview with the New York Times, Michelle Obama talks like one of us about her husband, especially when it comes to clothes: She edits what she wears around him because "he doesn't understand fashion." She says she's learned not to wear certain things around him, like her gray metallic belt because, as she puts it,  "he calls it my Star Trek belt."

The President also suffers from the male condition which prevents an understanding of why women have to shop. He always asks her "Is that new?" to which she tells him to "mind his own business and go solve world hunger or something." Yep. We can relate...

Isn't it so nice to hear that the Pres and First Lady argue over the same things we do?

On shoes: He often tells her she doesn't "need" any more shoes, saying "The shoes you had on yesterday were fine." Umm, Mr.Pres, in case you haven't noticed, your wife has been catapulted to fashion icon status, she's setting an example to all moms out there that fashion can be approachable.

Besides, everybody knows you can't wear the same dress twice if it's been photographed!

see more photos see more photos
Barack Obama Obama Family's Matching Style

next: Gmail Lets You "Unsend" Emails
CAROLINA GIRL March 24, 2009, 4:22 PM

I hope he notices how bad our economy is and he gets his butt back to Washington so he can fix this mess with Fanny Mae Freddie Mac and AIG giving bonus with our tax money how sad.

jb March 24, 2009, 5:50 PM

With this economy, she should wear her outfits and shoes more than once. Who cares if it is photographed. Lead by example. Be shown economizing. It should not be do as I say, not as I do.

Jenny March 24, 2009, 8:42 PM

I think it would be awesome if she shopped consignment and thrift shops. It doesn’t have to be the Salvation Army if thats not her thing, there are plenty of high end consignment stores out there.

Lakwanza March 24, 2009, 9:23 PM

The Obamas are not like us, they made 24 million dollars in 2007 and have a mansion in Chicago. If these people are like us, I will eat my sh*t.

Anonymous March 25, 2009, 12:00 AM

Fashion icon? I don’t think she is a fashion icon. Not MY fashion icon anyway. I doubt the president and his wife are anything like us. I’m with Lakwanza….

Laverne FERGUSON March 30, 2009, 11:51 AM

MR.PRESIDENTAND FIRST LADY, ARE DOING JUST FINE. YOU HATERS OUT THERE TRING YOUR BEST TO DISCOURAGE THEM ARE HUMAN BEING DID YOU’LL NOTICE THAT? BARACK DIDN’T MAKE THIS MESS REMINDER GEORGE BUSH. DID. ANY ONE TRIED TO TEAR HIM DOWN GIVE OBAMA A CHANGE TO FIX THE ECOMOMY IN HIS SPEECH HE SAID WE, AND NOT I THA HAD TO HELP CHANGE THIS FAMINE IN THE LAND.IT HAS NOT BEEN 100 DAYS YET! AND YOU HATERS ARE TRYING DESTROY REPUTATION ALREAY. WHEN BUSH WOULD GO ON TRIP TO HIS FARM. WAS NOTHING SAME ABOUT TAHAT WHEN ECONOMY WAS BAD. WHEN BECAME PRESIDENT HE WAS’T DIRTY POOR.THE WAY YOU’LL SAYING !FRIST LADIES IS BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVES THE WAY SHE DRESS. AND IF HER HUSBAND WANT TO SAY ANYTHING TO ABOUT HE LIKE AND DON’T LIKE NONE OF YOUR BBUSSINESS SO WE NEED TO WORK WITH THE PRESIDENT AND HE ALSO SAID IT’S GONNA TAKE TIME TO WORK IT OUT. GOD IS BEFORE HIM. AND YOUR GOD DO THINGS ON HIS TIME. JUST KEEP THE FAITH AND THE HOPE THAT EVERYTHING GOING TO FALL IN LINE. WATCH AND SEE.AND ALSO REMINDER THAT MICHELLE AND THE PRESIDENT WENT COLLEGE AND GOT THEIR EDUCATING LIKE OBAMA SAID WE ALL NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL OR GET TRADE SO WE CAN BE SUCCESFUL. QUIT TALKING AND STRAT HELPING WITH CAUSE. HATERS !!!!!!!!!! I LOVE MIHELLE AND BARACK OBAMA THIS MUCH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YOU GOT THE POINT. BE GREATFUL HE IS TRYING TO MAKE A CHANGE FOR ALL. JUST KEEP PRAYING FOR THEM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOVE LAVERNE M. FREGUSON

Bill  May 2, 2009, 11:56 AM

I love it!! The Obama’s are just like us, huh? I can’t afford $540 tennis shoes and if I could i have enough sense no to buy them. The audacity to wear them while serving the poor too. This is too funny, hypocrites!

A. Johnson May 26, 2009, 10:03 PM

Wake up african americans, Obama is of foreign descent, and due to the fact that his skin is of color the same as yours does not mean your troubles are resolved.”your worst nightmare could be just beginning” Remember we are approaching the last days on earth and the head of the antichrist is not far away. I have never supported him. Why? He believes in same sex partners.This was stated in his inaugaration address .
This is a sin. He supports stem cell research,another sin. He supports abortion,another sin.How can you support what God forbids? Be careful african americans satan is very evil, and misleding. Remember the book of Revelations states….The antichrist will be so good,everyone will follow him, and will mislead the ones God has already chosen if he could.I am speaking from a spiritual perspective
please do not be decieved. TRUST ONLY GOD.THE BIBLE STATES …TRUST NO MAN.
MAY GOD BLESS EACH WHO READS THIS. IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS COMMENT…PRAY TO UNDERSTAND.
GOD BLESS