Mom Will Pay for Sex for Down Syndrome Son

Would you hire a prostitute for your son's first sexual experience?

One mom in England is determined that her son with Down Syndrome will lose his virginity -- even if she has to pay for it.

Lucy Baxter, who is actively seeking dates for her son Otto, she's even willing to hire a prostitute. Baxter has three other adopted sons with Down Syndrome and according to reports is a respected member of the Down Syndrome community working tirelessly to raise awareness about the condition.

She also has another goal: "I'd like all my boys to find love and enjoy sex," says a determined Baxter.

"I strongly believe, and have always said, that society has a learning disability when it comes to Down Syndrome. If Otto doesn't get a girlfriend, I will feel really bad, because I have sold him this thing that he is like everybody else. That's why I'm working overtime to get this sorted for him."

Baxter isn't the only one looking for companionship for 21-year-old Otto -- he's also on the look out, "I'm on a mission to find a girlfriend. I'm looking for girlfriends everywhere." says Otto.

If your son had a difficulty finding an "intimate" relationship would you step in and help?

Connect to other moms of special needs kids in our community.

next: Did Hospital Kill Teen for His Organs?
Kristen March 17, 2009, 2:32 PM

MomLogic, I think that your question at the end is uncalled for and not appropriate in this situation, this is a situation where this man is “disabled” but still deserves to experience love and sex.
We are dealing with a person who has feelings and deserves love just as much as the next person and I applaud this mother for trying to achieve that for her child.

Beth Schafer March 17, 2009, 2:44 PM

I am a mom of a set of identical twins that are Down Syndrome-I am truly stunned by this-I NEVER in a million years would have thought to do this-I disagree with it simply because I believe in God and there is more for these boys in Heaven then any 30 second feeling of pleasure is EVER going to fulfill-if she does do this I hope that she makes sure that medically the prostitute has no std’s they are rampant right now! As a parent of specail needs children this is creepy to me!

Anonymous March 17, 2009, 2:47 PM

How does hiring a prostitute find love for her son? The focus should be on finding love, not sex. That goes for everyone, not just someone with a developmental disability.

Haley March 17, 2009, 2:53 PM

I have to agree with Anonymous…I wouldn’t call sex with a prostitute love. However, I do think that this boy deserves to experience intercourse, and that’s what a prostitute can provide. It’s sex, pure and simple. That’s all.

Elizabeth Schafer March 17, 2009, 2:57 PM

ANONYMOUS-
I couldn’t have said it better myself!!
Beth Schafer

Ashley  March 17, 2009, 3:07 PM

Sick!!!!!!

Wadopotat March 17, 2009, 3:51 PM

Directed to Beth Schafer comment.

The “special needs” is understood as someone that would require extra help in order to achieve similar results. This mother is simply helping her child achieve something that might not be achievable on his own. I think “Live and Let Live”. Who are you to judge? Be humble, do unto others, and keep the slate clean. BTW, If you are only experiencing 30 seconds of pleasure then I can sympathize with your reasoning.

Elizabeth Schafer March 17, 2009, 4:12 PM

Wadopotat-
I apologize if I came across judgemental-these are special children that “I BELIEVE” have the right to marriage and everything else that we so-called “normal” people do. They also have free will because that is what God gives all of us-hiring a prostitute though puts her son in danger-Down syndrome children and adults are very loving people what if this gentlemen “falls in love with her” and she doesn’t recipicate (spelling?)- he would be crushed and now another door is open and like I said hopefully the poor gal that is paid to do this is does not have an std or std’s. Sex is 30 seconds of pleasure compared to eternity.
Remember I have 2 that are in the same position and I see where her heart would ache for her son but I just don’t feel a prostitute is the answer. Because I am in that position I can say that.
Beth Schafer

Gail Cooke March 17, 2009, 4:35 PM

Kristen: There’s no love involved when a person is paid to have sex…it’s an exchange of services.

I object to anyone encouraging sex for money.

Anonymous March 17, 2009, 4:50 PM

Faulty logic. Does that mean we should hire prostitutes for everyone that can’t get laid, disabled or not?

Jessica Calsada March 17, 2009, 7:52 PM

This is ridiculous! I couldn’t agree more with the others who posted stating that this is NOT okay. Where I’m from prostitution is illegal. I can’t imagine any mother paying a prostitute to have sex with her son handicapped or not. THIS IS NOT OKAY!

Jessica Calsada March 17, 2009, 7:53 PM

kid March 17, 2009, 8:48 PM

.wow. thats a bit out there dont you think?*sigh* i guess if otto is ok with this whole thing then its ok i suppose….. i just hope that the mother teaches him that he should be looking to finding love, not sex. (what Anonymous has said before) *sigh* but i cant really judge. i quess it all depends on the kind of person you are where your morals are what you beleive is right and wronge. But then again isnt prostitutes illegal? being the 13 year old that i am i dont know much. but i really hope that Otto has a happy life and that he enjoys himself and hopefully finds love later on. :)

kid March 17, 2009, 8:50 PM

Randy March 17, 2009, 10:22 PM

Oh boy! I don’t think the Puritans on this board get it; the average guy of his age bracket, esp in Europe, has had both girlfriends and flings, by the age of 20.

In contrast, this kid will always be an outsider, to the mainstream dating scene and will need to see a prostitute which, BTW, is legal in Europe, to feel any sense of pleasure or attraction to the opposite gender. This holier than thou attitude about true love is ridiculous and self-serving, in the sense that it keeps a person under someone else’s thumb. If this kid doesn’t do such a so-called amoral thing, he’ll be a perennial mama’s boy and never get out of his situation.

Keri  March 17, 2009, 10:55 PM

I agree with Elizabeth Schafer, this young man is a gift from God and to treat him as if he couldn’t find another special person to have a relationship and paying for a prostitute is making his disability like a red flashing sign around his neck.

t March 17, 2009, 11:03 PM

Randy, you are an a__.
Your comment shows your ignorance and lack of morals.

mara March 17, 2009, 11:25 PM

All for it! I would do the same if I had a child with Down’s. If Lance Armstrong’s mother had not thought of getting him to save sperm at 13 (give or take a few years) he would not have his fisrt set of kiddos. It is cool that he did not need help this go-round, but you see my point. Everyone deserves love; a mother’s touch, a brother’s hug and the feel of naked skin to skin if possible. We all need that. And using a prostitute is wise, provided she passes all the routine testing. If her son goes off and initiates an encounter of his own, there may be problems that arise that, including pregnancy or allegations of inappropriate behavior. Maybe Airforce Amy at the Moonlite Bunny Ranch can help out. Good Luck!

Go forth and have sex young man! I’m pulling for you.

Lynn March 17, 2009, 11:49 PM

This is abominable. Anyone who thinks it’s “okay, if Otto is okay with it” needs a serious lesson in the dangers of moral relativity and accepting something like this. A normal mother wouldn’t conceive of this for a son, Downs Syndrome or not. To hope that your son would get to experience sex and love is one thing; paying someone to give him a cheap, bastardized version of it is entirely deplorable in every way.

linda March 17, 2009, 11:53 PM

Who put in his head that he needs a girlfriend or sex? My husband works with people who are downs and or other things. Some are married and others are single. The fact that this mom has assumed that not having sex is abnormal, has actually put a burden on her son. I personally know many people who have not had sex or a steady lover.They are very happy and fulfilled. NO, I am not right winged. But let the young man make up his own mind and find his own love.