Mom Will Pay for Sex for Down Syndrome Son

Would you hire a prostitute for your son's first sexual experience?

One mom in England is determined that her son with Down Syndrome will lose his virginity -- even if she has to pay for it.

Lucy Baxter, who is actively seeking dates for her son Otto, she's even willing to hire a prostitute. Baxter has three other adopted sons with Down Syndrome and according to reports is a respected member of the Down Syndrome community working tirelessly to raise awareness about the condition.

She also has another goal: "I'd like all my boys to find love and enjoy sex," says a determined Baxter.

"I strongly believe, and have always said, that society has a learning disability when it comes to Down Syndrome. If Otto doesn't get a girlfriend, I will feel really bad, because I have sold him this thing that he is like everybody else. That's why I'm working overtime to get this sorted for him."

Baxter isn't the only one looking for companionship for 21-year-old Otto -- he's also on the look out, "I'm on a mission to find a girlfriend. I'm looking for girlfriends everywhere." says Otto.

If your son had a difficulty finding an "intimate" relationship would you step in and help?

Connect to other moms of special needs kids in our community.

next: Did Hospital Kill Teen for His Organs?
drut March 17, 2009, 11:56 PM

The boy will be better off with Rosie palm than a prostitute no chance of catching anything and he can have whoever he wants that way , the mind is a terrible thing to waste

Gail Cooke March 17, 2009, 11:57 PM

You’ll note that prostitution is illegal in most places and appallingly low class. Not to mention puts people at a higher risk of diseases such as STDs, hepatitis, etc. Is that what this mother wants? Not only having her son with Down Syndrome, but with some kind of sexual disease that they may not be able to cure? Is she going to watch him to make sure he wears a condom? Is she going to rely on the prostitute to make sure he wears a condom? She puts her son at an unacceptable risk.

Lynn March 18, 2009, 12:05 AM

oh and the Lance Armstrong example makes absolutely no sense.

linda March 18, 2009, 12:15 AM

I forgot to mention that there are many places that support and provide social situations for special needs adults. And believe it or not, there have been happy and long lasting relationships between people who do not have special needs with people who do. Most however, are relationships where both adults have special needs. I have never seen a divorce in this group. Guess they are smarter then the rest of us in this department. LOL

nelz09 March 18, 2009, 12:47 AM

I think these boys or this boy (youngman) should have love or be loved with someone who meets them on their own or through a club. If she is so active with Down Syndrome clubs etc is there not a group or activities for other people with same thing? maybe he would be happy to meet someone else he or they relate to RATHER THAN SOME STREET “ho”. WHERE IS THE LOVE IN A RENT A PIECE? THAT IS WRONG.
PEACE, THANKS.

Elizabeth Schafer March 18, 2009, 7:04 AM

Please until you have a child(ren) that is Down’s or anything else that isn’t considered “normal” by society’s standards please don’t say that you would do this-wait until you are in that position.1 Corinthians 1:27 ” But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.”
This is not a “HOLIER THEN THOU” attitude this is truth.

Randy March 18, 2009, 11:24 AM

“But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.”

This is also known as forcing your religion down someone else’s throat.
Notice, that you’re outraged; the anger is inside of you. And yes, I’m a Unitarian so you can put down my denomination (or lack of) if that makes you feel better. I’m not game for any of it.

Where I’m a bit surprised is why this mother decided to tell the world about it? I’d have presumed that she could have anticipated the numerous negative responses.

BTW, to my fellow Yankees (not the NYC basketball team), a sliver of parents do take their shy kids to escort workers in various places outside the United States including western Europe, Brazil, Australia, and Japan. In many cases, cause I know some of these young adults and this actually helped them in discerning between sexual attraction and real love. They haven’t had dating problems, afterwards.

Elizabeth Schafer March 18, 2009, 1:21 PM

Randy- I am sorry you feel this way-sad. The Bible is not a religion-and quite frankly I have no anger because I do believe in Jesus alone and what he did for you and me. I also believe in what God has in store for these special needs children and that the “things of this world ” don’t need to be crammed into their innocent minds eiither. If it happens that our twins meet someone GREAT- I would support it 100%—I am truly sorry you think I am angry I am actually a really happy person because I don’t practice a religion-I just believe-I hope someday you do too. Have a nice day-

Randy March 18, 2009, 6:13 PM

“The Bible is not a religion”
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea)
Considering that the finalized copies were sanctioned by another Pharisee-like council, under Constantine, I’d say it’s either a religious doctrine or a historical epic. Paul of Samosata, who I agree with (we’d studied him in Unitarian reading grps), was a Pariah by that same Council.

Gail Cooke March 18, 2009, 6:34 PM

Randy, when you call them “escort workers,” in Canada they are called who*es. It’s a sad sad day when you have to pay for services.

Anonymous March 18, 2009, 7:09 PM

i am gay prostitute if i can be help please do let me know

Elizabeth Schafer March 18, 2009, 7:15 PM

Wikipedia is not a good source-I won’t argue truth-it’s not worth it-Jesus taught out of the Old Testament-the Bible IS God breathed- He died for our sins on a cross so that we maybe saved-he didn’t come to judge-that is not a religion that is straight up truth- and I hope your heart will be open to that someday-it does truly sound like you are the angry one and that makes my heart heavy for you- please search your heart and ask for God’s help in that truth- I assume that you do believe in God ( the creator)- maybe you would understand a bit more that when you have special needs children( “normal children,too) they are given to you to protect-not throw them out to the world and what it has to offer-Maybe this poor mom doesn’t understand that-I have done speeches on Down Syndrome and am an advocate that they are people,too-God doesn’t know color or disabilities He knows the saved and the unsaved-so again if these children in their adult years found someone to love I am all about it-if not there is more waitng for them-and I stand my ground. May God Bless You-

Chrissy March 19, 2009, 12:00 AM

Whereas her son may be physically able to have sex, the likiehood is tha he is not mentally or psychological equipment to handle it. I have no idea to how severe his mental retardation is. But if he is mentally function on a third grade level or a fifth grade level - you have to ask yourself would you allow your 8 year old or 10 year have sex?
We just don’t know by this article what age level Otto is functioning at. That should be seriously be factored in.

Gvqgujgo June 27, 2009, 10:05 PM

sZVAr2 comment1 ,

John May 22, 2010, 10:35 PM

God or no god, he will never get laid on his own. He needs a hooker. I suggest all you bible thumping morons look up what a GFE is.