Natalee Holloway's Body: Found?

If her body is indeed found, it would end an exhaustive four-year search on the Caribbean island where the 18-year-old disappeared while on a graduation trip with classmates.

natalee holloway

According to CNN.com, a flight attendant for American Airlines told the New Times, an alternative weekly, that the specially-trained dog was aboard a plane originating in Miami and bound for Aruba.

The officer accompanying the dog reportedly told the airline employee that they were going to retrieve what were believed to be Holloway's remains.

"They think they've found where Natalee Holloway's remains are, and they're taking the dog down there to confirm that," the flight attendant told the paper. "They're not telling anybody because Aruba's trying to keep this quiet."

No trace of Holloway has ever been found, despite extensive searches involving hundreds of volunteers, soldiers, FBI agents and even Dutch F-16 jets with special equipment.

next: Dead Girl's Mom Recants, Says She 'Panicked'
Michelle Smiles March 20, 2009, 7:24 PM

If they know where she is, why do they need the dog?

Dels March 20, 2009, 8:28 PM

sounds a bit sketchy, why would an officer disclose that info to a flight attendant.. I do hope they have found her though, give some sense of closure maybe

Anonymous March 21, 2009, 9:57 PM

If it was a secret I hardly think an agent would disclose this? And why would they need a cadaver dog from the US? This sounds weird to me. But, who knows?

ashley March 22, 2009, 9:51 AM

Although I hope this is her, maybe they are just doing this to draw attention to the upcoming movie!!

Sheila March 22, 2009, 12:45 PM

I am both glad and sadden to hear about this news. If in fact they have found her body we are blessed to know that her family can properly lay her body to rest and that they will have some kind of closure. We pray that justice will be brought in this case and that the killer (s) won’t get away. I have been praying for Natalee every since this news broke in “05” and have been asking other ministries to continue praying for her until justice has been served and Natalee is brought back home to her family one way or the other. I am saddened to think that she can indeed be dead. My prayers are continually with her family, friends and local community and all that was affected by this awful tragedy.

Sheila Ashley
Pastor

Anonymous March 23, 2009, 6:26 PM

They need to search the Van der Scums
property real good, in the wells and
grounds. They need to pay for their crimes.

Elaine March 24, 2009, 2:12 PM

Didn’t they dain that same pond 4 years ago?

Babe March 25, 2009, 1:04 PM

It saddens me to see that the officials of Aruba have not really helped this family. Most of the search has been done by Natalie’s family. Amazing when you have (the suspects) family in law enforcement what evidence can be lost or covered up. But I believe we have a Just God and if we dont pay for our sins on earth we certainly do in our after life. Pray for the Van der Sloots - they will need it when they meet their maker.
I hold the Holloway Family in my heart and hope God gives them comfort/ peace/& closure in this difficult time.

Rock n Rolla' April 4, 2009, 9:49 PM

The flight attendant would have no idea about the dog,animals are stowed below,and a agent wouldn’t just blurt this out on an airplane loaded with hundreds of people, of all places. This is B.S.,and folks, she’s been dead for a long time…..What do you thin ka body which has been in or near the water for four years looks like,anyway? No flesh ,no sinew or muscle,only bones…..and maybe even few of those if the fishies were nugry enough…

yup April 19, 2009, 11:42 PM

it discus’s me that people wouldnt say where he body is and wants to keep it a secret. This young girl deserves to rest in peace since the A** holes wanted to take her life. Think about the family and what they are going through n what thoughts are going through there heads right now. I HOPE IT IS HER BODY SO THE SCUMS CAN BE SENT TO PRISON FOR LIFE!!! I SUPPORT HER MOTHER 100%.

shelia April 20, 2009, 11:03 AM

i hope she was found i cried when i saw the movie

jeffrey April 20, 2009, 10:08 PM

shut up everyone who has commented
i just saw a movie on lifetime about natalee holloways.she was still alive but heres the catch she had a cesar.soo the guys took her far into the ocean.one of the guys saw her hand move but he didnt care..so the basterd threw her overboard. soo she died.i cried.its soo sad to watch a pretty girl at age 18 die.people all over the world are still trying to find her.

Carly Potter April 21, 2009, 8:53 AM

ok well first of all, they made a movie about her that i seen. second of all the dude that was in the back seat of the car with her knows were she is. he said about somany miles out in the water. now you tell me, why cant they find her?

kelsey horn April 21, 2009, 2:33 PM

if they new they throw her in the ocean why dont they go and find her and close the case now if that was ur dautghter wat would u do … think about it

cheyenne April 21, 2009, 4:58 PM

Hi,
I think the van nder sloot guy is lying.I think he drugged her drink,raped her,killed her,and threw her in the ocean!!!!!!

steve April 25, 2009, 5:23 PM

a private investigater, the same age as the boys, needs to go down there, with an undercover microphone, and get drunk with the boys, maybe they’ll start talking when there hammered!

taylor May 10, 2009, 8:59 PM

i loved the moviwe although it was realy realy realy realy sad.Natalle was beatuful.And i think the mom was right the van der guy did drug her then go on the beach she died of a sesher and then they dumped her….

Brittni June 24, 2009, 9:29 AM

When she first went missing the first place they should’ve searched the ocean of course they would’nt keep her on land behind a bush joran and the others need to be in prison for first degree murder and then her crazy mom went looking for her my first guess was …..she’s dead

Sam July 12, 2009, 6:45 AM

I am so sorry for the loss of Natalee. She was a beautiful young lady and she did not deserve this. I also want to comment on the fact that Aruba needs a better justice system. I think they could have done more. I am one day planning on being a prosecutor and I am going to do my duty in putting these sorry criminals away where they deserve to be. Those boys are devils and somebody needs to pay. I am very emotional over this. I have cried and cried over Natalees story. I hope that they have found her body and give her a proper burial. I just wish that she could be alive instead. My prays are with the family and I am so sorry for your loss. God Bless You.

Sam July 12, 2009, 6:53 AM

I want to also comment on what Brittni said above. Let me tell you her mom is not crazy she did everything she knew to do to find her daughter. She was in pain and you cant just automatically assume someone is dead. The best choice to do is search. Thats your opinion and I’m going to leave it at that but your wrong about saying that about her mother. How could you? thats awful her family is in pain and all you can do is call her crazy. Well you are crazy for thinking oh well shes dead. You have know idea wat your talking about. So dont try and think you understand wat they are feeling. You dont know and I dont know cause we havent expierienced something that tragic in our lives. I like to see you walk a mile in that mother’s shoes and you tell me wat you would dom since you think you know wats best. Your comment was unneccesary!