Casey Anthony Cried Watching Caylee Video

Thousands of new documents have been released in the Casey Anthony murder investigation.

More documents were released today as prosecutors continue to prepare their case against Casey Anthony. Among the 21 files are more transcripts, files, phone records and pictures from the investigation into the murder of Caylee Anthony. Here are some of the highlights:

Casey cried watching a video of Caylee
According to Casey's ex-boyfriend Anthony Lazzaro, one morning he woke up to find Casey crying while watching a video of Caylee at the nursing home with her great-grandfather on her laptop. The video was taken on the last day Caylee was seen alive.

Casey's Ex-Boyfriend Went Undercover
Anthony Lazzaro went undercover for investigators and wore a wiretap during a meeting to get information from Casey's brother Lee.

Casey and Attorney Jose Baez allegedly flirted with red licorice
Private investigator. James Hoover, in his interview with law inforcement, tells a story relayed to him by another P.I., Dominic Casey. "[Baez] started eating on one side [of the licorice] and you know, [Casey] was eating the other side so it looked like they were kissing through the glass or something," Hoover told investigators. "Yeah, kind of like spaghetti thing." Allen Moore of the Orange County Jail denies the allegations, "When Casey Anthony and attorney Baez have their attorney-client visits, they are not separated by any glass barrier."

Was Casey a Prostitute?
A tip that alleged Casey Anthony was involved in a prostitution ring in Miami and left Caylee with another prostitute while working was followed up on, among thousands of other tips and Caylee sightings.

Does Casey's reaction to the video of Caylee with her grandfather make you change your opinion about her guilt -- or whether you think Caylee's death was accidental?

Boyfriend Wiretap Casey Cries Casey Interview Casey Texts
Meter Reader Hoover Interview Redacted Statements Text Messages

See Also:

next: Inside Chris Brown's Lamborghini
Vita David March 5, 2009, 10:22 PM

That video broke my heart, the way her great grandfather was holding her and singing to her, and to know now that she is now with the angels, is so so sad. Casey crying..well I have no comment.

Anonymous March 6, 2009, 12:28 AM

this mother needs to pay for what she did to her daughter hopefully they give her life in prison and make her suffer with the same pain she maid her daughter went through.

Lisa March 6, 2009, 1:24 AM

The fact that Casey cried when watching a video of Caylee with the Greatgrandfather is a mute point.Who knows,Casey may have been recollecting a memory of when she herself was an innocent little girl sitting on her Greatgrandfather’s lap. Since Casey is so self absorbed,I’d have to bet the tears shed were not for the loss of Caylee-more likely tears for the loss of the innocent little girl SHE once was.Her tears show how much she loathes the monster she now is.

Anonymous March 6, 2009, 3:59 AM

My question is…how in the hell did this witch pay for the so called sitter Zany? She did not work! Also, how could a mother be so cold and sel-absorbed? I think Baez is also caught in her web!

purplelydude March 6, 2009, 5:13 AM

This is the saddest story ever heard. I hope Caylee will be safe in God’s arms and not in a mother who uses her for fame and attention(Caylee’s death was a media uproar and Casey was made famous for this).

Helen B. March 6, 2009, 6:59 AM

Sorry if I am wrong but, I have no sympathy for her tears. She has done this to herself, she has brought judgement on herself and now she needs to pay for her neglect, her self centered existance and for what happened to Caylee. She has been in the spotlight far too long, hope she got what she was aiming for. As for Baez, he is a nitwit from another planet as far as I am concerned and if he had a brain in his head, he would never have touched this case with a twenty foot pole. There is guilt here, he has to see this unless he is blinded by the wiggling hot body in front of him. If the public can see it, surely he can too. Facts are facts and evidence does not lie as she does. Can’t wait to see the outcome of this and it can not take place soon enough for me.

Beth Burger March 6, 2009, 10:16 AM

I can’t help but notice in every pic of little Caylee…she’s either not smiling a natural smile or there is a forced smile where she just bears all her teeth. I see empty vacant eyes…One can see that this little girl did not have the luxury of childhood innocence. I wonder how un-loved she really felt….

Kimmy March 6, 2009, 10:57 AM

Casey’s chosen path was stated in her diary…key word…”CHOSEN”
I do not think there will be any kind of evidence or trial that will change my mind as to who the true killer really is…Casey Anthony chose to kill her daughter out of neglect with her own actions. By not contacting authorities for the 31 days the child came up missing speaks to me (louder then words) “Guilt”…in turn be it an accident or murder by intent Casey’s only intentions were of & for herself. As for this new lawyer that has joined her so-called dream team…just another nobody who wants to become somebody. What a shame that the horrific death of this baby child has become so exploited for glory and fame & the cartoon antics of her family.
“Justice For Caylee”

Sally March 6, 2009, 12:38 PM

Lisa, how insightful you are to think that Casey crying while watching Caylee on her grandfather’s lap might have meant she was remembering when she was a little girl sitting on his lap. I think the video shows her guilt. If she was crying while watching the video, she knew Caylee was dead. Lazarro also said she was not sobbing like she was when he tried to break up with her. Sociopaths don’t form attachments but they also don’t have to hate someone to kill them. To them, the end justifies the means. If someone gets in her way, a sociopath like Casey would kill them. So she could be fond of Caylee like a little sister and she may have felt some sadness that her little sister was gone. In the long run, she was happier without Caylee to take care of and that’s why she was smiling, partying, having sex and getting a tattoo, Beautiful Life. The weekend Caylee was murdered was the same weekend Casey had told her friend Amy they were moving into the Anthony house because George and Cindy were getting a divorce and giving Casey the house. Could Casey have planned to chloroform George, Cindy and Caylee as they slept until Cindy went into a rage and choked Casey and threw her out and said she was getting custody of Caylee. Then Casey’s plan changed and she killed Caylee because she didn’t want Cindy to have her and she couldn’t move in with Tony with Caylee because he didn’t want a daughter.

Rosanna March 6, 2009, 3:33 PM

Maybe, just maybe, she realized what she had done. That she killed a loving beautiful child. Maybe just maybe at that point she did feel sorry for Caylee and what she had done. Becasue that video is very touching for anyone who watches and I think it would if touch the heart of a murderer.

Gunny Hunny March 6, 2009, 7:46 PM

I dont think she knows she murdered this child.I think this girl is so far gone in fantasyland she doesnt have a clue and her mothers denying it all is making me more angry and that the girl was born into this odd ball family of feamle where am I’s?. Deputy dads face looks guilty as can to me. I know alot of officers I WORK WITH 24/7. Grandpa deputy knows this daughter did this as well . You should of left long agao George and stayed gone.

connie March 7, 2009, 2:37 AM

Beth Burger- I see the same thing when I look at pics of Caylee, The smiles are very forced and non natural, she has a scared look in her eyes. I say the child was abused and tormented by Casey. That is what I see. Notice Caylee dosnt have that look when she is with the grand parents in the pics.

ashley March 7, 2009, 11:36 AM

its really very simple…

casey was getting paid for sex. bottom line she got away with having this fake job at universal for so long because she did have money .. there is a guy as well that knows everything that happened.. there has to be there is no way casey could have done it by herself .. her mother watched caylee so much that she started to tell casey that she wouldnt do any more so casey looked up the chloroform (she saw the pic on anthony lazzors comp that said charm her with chloroform) and she looked it up, made it and passed it under her own nose and felt the effects.. she tried it on caylee and it made her pass out .. she left caylee in the trunk while she went on her calls. she comes back one night and hears caylee crying in the trunk and she has to start giving her more at a time this guy wants her to come out with him and work or whatever and she says i have no one to watch the baby so he tells her to use that stuff on her again.. only this time she has to give her more and puts the duct tape around her mouth so if she wakes up she no one will hear her crying.. when she discovers what happened she started freaking out “what am I going to do?” “what is going to happen to ME’
she said herself.. “i am absolutly petrified my mom will never talk to me again” she waits till she knows no1s home and gets bags and puts caylee in it with her blanket and other things because these are the things she would take with her to try to keep caylee calm before and after waking up so she jus stuffed everything in there so that it would seem like when the nanny took her she had her things with her since this person was babysittin her … i think this is the best way to explain what happend ..

look at caylee in this video.. she looks so empty like she hadnt been held like that her whole life.. she didnt want to let go of that man she felt safe and didnt want to let go of him… kids this age very rarely stay in a cuddly position very long.. and she jus sat there like she didnt want to go away from him
idk.. thats wat i see

SanSmith March 7, 2009, 12:29 PM

If you read the entire transcript Tony says she cried without tears unlike the last time she was allegedly sad. He can’t prove it because she was on the phone at the time but he says she cried when he told her he wouldn’t be coming back from NY. I believe she faked both things. She was running around with a lot of men most of the time and cared for none of them(although Tony wouldn’t know this at that time). She is a user and a Psychopath who has no choice but to mimic emotions if she is to fool their prey. Psychopaths don’t understand true emotions and sometimes they get it wrong like Casey. This is what enables others experienced with what these type of people do to catch them at their little evil games. The key is to be objective though. Tony couldn’t be objective at that time because he was involved in the relationship. LE on the other hand have no relationship with the Psychopath and are able to see the symptoms and read her for what she is.

susie christiansen March 8, 2009, 2:36 AM

Ashley you took the words right out of my mouth about the scenario of what happened.
The only thing I need to say is I hold my Grand Children until my arms about feel like they are falling off!
My Babies Love being held for long periods of time.They are 6, 2,5 months.
I think the Lawyers for Casey will end up going with the Mental Card,possible BI-Polar,we shall see.

Sarah March 9, 2009, 3:18 PM

Don’t forget, just because a person is a sociopath doesn’t mean that she can’t feel sadness. It’s just that the sadness she feels is all for herself, for her OWN loss. We like to think of Casey as being devoid of all emotion because it’s hard to imagine that anyone who is capable of feeling could murder her own child … but the human mind is a lot more complex than that. Sociopaths do feel love and sadness … but only for themselves. I don’t think she was faking tears because I don’t think she expected to be observed at that point (she hadn’t even told anyone that Caylee was missing, and based on what I know about her I don’t think she’s capable of planning ahead in the way that would be required at that point in the story). She was probably crying because she did perceive some loss as a mother—without Caylee she would lose Cindy’s attention and support, she would lose that feeling of pride a mother gets when strangers praise the beauty of her child, she would lose the unconditional love a child gives to her mother … but like I said, this kind of grief is totally selfish. Her tears weren’t for that little girl in the video, they were for all the things that Casey did like about being a mother, which unfortunately didn’t outweigh all the things she *didn’t* like.

Alexandra March 10, 2009, 12:08 PM

Is it just me, or does Caylee look a bit afraid in that video? She has that deer-in-the-headlights look.

Poor little girl. If Casey didn’t want her, I think we would have taken her, and my son would have had a little sister.

GIVE ME A BREAK March 11, 2009, 9:29 AM

BOO HOO Casey,you killed your daughter oh do you feel some kind of regret! Well nobody cares. You did’nt think about poor little Caylee tied up in a garbage bag and thrown away at the time you did it.How many tears did Caylee shed while her mouth was taped shut. You need to be ducted taped so we don’t have to listen to anymore of your lies.I don’t think any of us with half a brain care if you cry or not.

Ed March 13, 2009, 12:04 PM

that is a good one GIVE ME A BREAK , I couldn’t put it in better words, JUST LIKE CASEY DID NOT CARE ABOUT CAYLEE AND HER PARENTS DID NOT CARE ABOUT CAYLEE , NO ONE I MEAN NOONE WILL CARE ABOUT THE REST OF THE ANTHONYS WHEN THE TRUTH FINALLY COMES OUT, THERE ALL GUILTY OF SOMETHING . AND THEY SHOULD BE CHARGED.
JUST SICK OF THEM ALL LYING. !!!!!!!!!

shannon March 13, 2009, 10:38 PM

I don’t care what happens to casey, they can put her in the electric chair for all I care. I fell in love with Caylee, I prayed sooo hard for her to come home safe & sound and when her body was found it just broke my heart and all I could do was hold my 2 year old and cry.. Caylee is such a beautiful little girl who deserved to have a mom who loved her unconditionally and needed a mom that’d give her life for her child.. I think the grandparents truely did love Caylee, but also love their daughter and are stuck in the middle of what to do.. Although we say what would be easy and there wouldn’t be no choice, but what casey did was the most horrific crime someone can commit against another and makes it sooo much more unbearable when its your own childs life that you take.. My paw-paw once told us “when you sentence someone to death that your giving them the easy way out but to give them life without parole will give them the rest of their un-natural lives to always be reminded of the hainess crime they committed” but for someone that is a sociopath like casey she will never have any feelings for no one but herself! Caylee will always be remembered by the world as a beautiful little angel that was took waaaaay tooo soon!
Her picture is my wallpaper on my cell phone, my 3 year old will look at her picture and ask if she can play with caylee and it breaks my heart to explain to her that she is with the angels and have 2 explain that she is no longer with us, that she is past away and went home 2 jesus to be a very special little angel and she says “aww I miss her mommy” it just breaks my heart
Shannon