Octomom Admits Welfare Was Her Plan

Nadya Suleman finally admits that she would have been on welfare if Dr. Phil wouldn't have stepped in and helped.

Nadya Suleman

"Had I not been offered a couple of little opportunities to secure some resources for them, I would have been forced to get government assistance until I was completed with school," she tells RadarOnline.com. "And then I would have been forced to work I don't know how many hours a day to support them as a counselor."

In another twist, Radar also reports that Suleman has fired Angels in Waiting, the non-profit that was brought in by attorney Gloria Allred to assist in the care of the infants. We called Allred for comment, but have not heard back yet. Suleman's attorney Jeff Czech confirms teh firing, saying the relationship between Suleman and the nurses started off badly because Allred publicly filed a complaint against her with the Los Angeles County Department of Children's Services.

What do you think about her belated confession?

next: Lance Armstrong Injured in Bicycle Crash
Tactless March 23, 2009, 4:26 PM

DUH!

ResponsibleMom March 23, 2009, 4:31 PM

She’ll end up back on government assistance eventually. Complete entitlement mentality.

Sarah-Jane March 23, 2009, 4:45 PM

What are the reports from the donation front? Doubt Angels in Waiting received enough to do their thing for any length of time. Far as I can see Nadya’s making more than they are. (Blood money exploiting her kids.) So is Nadya paying them now? (HA Ha, Course not.) Oh, and I’m with abbi about Nadya being a pile of crap. A pile of crap with overpriced outfits to wear for all her “opportunities.”

debbie March 23, 2009, 4:48 PM

i think everyone needs to leave her alone. get over it its her life!

Tactless March 23, 2009, 4:51 PM

Reports are now in that Suleman has FIRED Opportunists in Waiting — http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/03/eclusive-octo-mom-fires-angels-waiting

She’s worried they will “bash” her parenting skills… well… DUH!!!

Lou Sthul March 23, 2009, 5:15 PM

Jesus H Christ, I don’t who is the bigger parasite, Octopussy or “doctor” Phil McGraw?

Angela March 23, 2009, 5:16 PM

She got just what she wanted. I think if we continue to give to people like her this will continue to happen. When I worked in labor and delivery before welfare laws kicked in the same lady would come in once a year in labor she was on welfare,when she was leaving she’d laugh and say “I’ll see ya”ll in nine months.It really just use to make me sick to think about her poor children and that she was only having them to get more welfare.

-Me March 23, 2009, 5:23 PM

If Octomom is so dillusional NOW, can you imagine when those kids are teenagers and need advice about life from mom???

Without the “small opportunities” and goverment aid, she would be homeless, jobless, money-less and a mother of 14. Basically, she would be a homeless woman on the street corner - the state would take the kids.

Instead, we’ve bestowed her with a few million. She still isn’t psychologically fit to take care of the kids.

just me March 23, 2009, 6:18 PM

Is this really anybody’s business? How many of you sitting here placing judgement are on welfare right now, or receiving some sort of government assistance?

Tactless March 23, 2009, 6:24 PM

I wouldn’t qualify for any type of Government assistance. I actually am one of the few TAXPAYERS that this woman is ripping off. So yes, it is my business — it’s MY money!

ToldYouSo March 23, 2009, 6:31 PM

Wow, being FORCED to work….that would have been totally beneath PRINCESS NADYA, I mean, what if she broke a nail?!!

She does not WANT to work. She faked a back injury because she couldn`t stand working and figured out a way to get money without working. When that money ran out, she went to Plan B — WELFARE QUEEN.

And of course it worked out beyond her wildest dreams….she hit the lottery! This is what she really meant when she stated in her first TV interview that everything worked out PERFECTLY!

ame i. March 23, 2009, 6:40 PM

Why is this a shocking announcement? We all knew this to be true.
The best thing that could happen for her children would be for her to be mowed down by a speeding bus.
I think we all need to treat her as we would a toddler having a tantrum: ignore her.

WhatThe! March 23, 2009, 6:48 PM

What happened? You mean Nadya had to actually change diapers! Bet she wasn`t happy about that.

How much you wanna bet that she just could not WAIT to begin that reality show deal — and Angels in Waiting stood in the way.

She will not hire nurses if she is paying them herself—Nannies (babysitters) are cheaper and easier to boss around. More money for Nadya to spend on herself!

emilyroseann March 23, 2009, 7:28 PM

Leave her alone??? Not when it’s my money she’s going to be living off of!

The Stiletto Mom March 23, 2009, 7:30 PM

She is a blight upon motherhood. I feel so bad for those children to have such a selfish mother.

Also, could someone please tell her no one is buying this “finish my education” line? I mean really, she thinks she can earn enough as a counselor to support 14 kids? Dr. Phil is a “counselor” or sorts and he could possibly pull it off. Her? Not so much.

Get real lady.

Mary March 23, 2009, 7:39 PM

Let`s see, she kicks out Grandma, then then the next day kicks out Angels in Waiting. I wonder how that evening went with her kids, who must adore their Grandma, the one who took primary care of them for the last 6years….

Child: “I want grandma!”
Nadya: “Well, honeycakes (moochy kisses) she does not want to see you anymore”
Child: “Waaaah”
Angels in waiting; “Hey, I heard that!….That is emotional abuse!

mel March 23, 2009, 7:42 PM

I wish that everybody would quit blasting this poor woman. BTW, I have accepted welfare before when I was a single mom. There are a lot of stipulations put on welfare and you don’t really get enough to even live on… After a certain amount of time you are cut off if you don’t go to work. My grandparents had 10 brothers and sisters a piece. When did everyone get so biased against big families? Don’t judge anyone until you have been in their shoes.

Buckeye Momma March 23, 2009, 7:45 PM

This woman makes me sick. The only thing worse than Octomom is Dr. Phil for doing show after show after show about this pathetic excuse for a mother. I hate, hate, hate that from now on when people think of in vitro, they will automatically get an image of this loser in their mind.

jcmason March 23, 2009, 7:51 PM

PLEASE REMOVE THESE PRECIOUS VALUABLE TINY HUMANS FROM THIS BIZARRE AND DELUSIONAL MANIAC. She is incapable of providing them with ANYTHING but MISERY. This includes the first six children as well. Please someone help these innocent children. Un-be-liev-a-ble. She is vile.

ya girl March 23, 2009, 7:52 PM

You morons need to get a life. You couldn’t possibly think your tax dollars are paying her bills. Millions of americans pay taxes. Your portion is probably about three cents. Get passionate about something that is REALLY affecting YOU. Octomommy’s bad choices have absoulutrly no bearing on YOUR life. You don’t know her personally. If she is a bad mommy its between her and child protective services. GET A LIFE