Octomom Admits Welfare Was Her Plan

Nadya Suleman finally admits that she would have been on welfare if Dr. Phil wouldn't have stepped in and helped.

Nadya Suleman

"Had I not been offered a couple of little opportunities to secure some resources for them, I would have been forced to get government assistance until I was completed with school," she tells RadarOnline.com. "And then I would have been forced to work I don't know how many hours a day to support them as a counselor."

In another twist, Radar also reports that Suleman has fired Angels in Waiting, the non-profit that was brought in by attorney Gloria Allred to assist in the care of the infants. We called Allred for comment, but have not heard back yet. Suleman's attorney Jeff Czech confirms teh firing, saying the relationship between Suleman and the nurses started off badly because Allred publicly filed a complaint against her with the Los Angeles County Department of Children's Services.

What do you think about her belated confession?

next: Lance Armstrong Injured in Bicycle Crash
disturbedparent March 24, 2009, 12:02 AM

AS A PARENT THAT WENT THROUGH IVF, SHE MAKES ME SICK. THE WOMAN HAS ALREADY SIX KIDS, CAN’T EVEN PROVIDE FOR THEM AND DECIDES THAT SHE HAS TO HAVE ONE OR MAYBE TWO MORE BUT BACKFIRES AND GETS EIGHT INSTEAD. THE DOCTOR SHOULD NOT HAVE ALLOWED THIS WOMAN TO HAVE INVITRO, ITS APPALLING. DOCTOR NEEDS TO HAVE HIS LICENSE REMOVED. INVITRO IS EXPENSE WHERE DOES SHE GET THE MONEY FOR THIS?

Dani March 24, 2009, 12:06 AM

PLEASE TAKE THESE KIDS AWAY. This woman is a serious whack job. No one with a mentality like this should be supervising children when SHE NEEDS SUPERVISION HERSELF.

DFS would have done it to anyone else a long time ago. Take those kids until this woman can do something on her own even if it’s a job flippin burgers. Prove to use you’re anything but a welfare mom and then maybe Dr. Phil can help. Prove some responsibility first.

JK March 24, 2009, 12:16 AM

she needs to be sterilized. sew her up already

SaneParent March 24, 2009, 12:22 AM

Wow so she really did plan to be (even more of) a Welfare Queen - sadly I called that a long time ago. Is there anything more narcissistic than leaching off your elderly mother, living in her house and taking advantage of her to care for your kids, then spitting out 8 more and as soon as you scrounge a few bucks you bolt out of mom’s house as it’s about to be foreclosed on, but you can buy yourself a half-million $$$ pad but you can’t be bothered to toss mom the $23k to save her little house from the repo man. Disgusting.

onetoughkitty March 24, 2009, 12:24 AM

First she treated her mother and dad like a sucker and now Dr. Phil. WORST MOTHER EVER.

-WORKING Mom March 24, 2009, 12:25 AM

As a WORKING mother, and taxpaying California citizen, I want to know what makes her think she’s entitled to my tax dollars. Her children, all 14 of them, should be taken away from her and given to families who really can’t have children (the ones fertility drugs were intended for). At least those families could provide and love these kids the way they deserve. They didn’t ask to be born to a narcisistic psycho.

Welfare Expert March 24, 2009, 1:04 AM

She is in California………No way will she be living the High Life on Welfare here. First off, if she was on public assistance before she had the babies, those children would be considered EXEMPT from any additional cash aid. Which means she would only be able to recieve more food stamps and medical for the children, NO CASH!! And for those of you worried about all your tax dollars being spent to support those on welfare, Welfare is only about 1-2% of the federal budget………your tax dollars are doing more the the Prisons, than they are doing for people on welfare………..Know your facts!!!!

Justin March 24, 2009, 1:09 AM

It is sad to see this. Especially for someone who can’t even have kids, and she gets money for exploiting the fact that she did it intentionally. Children are not a means to make money, also she needs to quit having plastic surgery and use that money to actually take care of her childern.

four gatos March 24, 2009, 1:09 AM

Wait until her story is no longer interesting and that stupid Laura Spencer from the tv show The Insider isn’t camping out in the OctoMom’s house. Then, we’ll all being paying her bills.
Oh joy.

blktears March 24, 2009, 1:17 AM

Leave her alone hmmmm let me think… ok if she leaves my money alone hows that??

MARY March 24, 2009, 1:21 AM

Leave her alone?You’ve got to be kidding.The people of California might
and should think it’s their business if they have to support her and the 14 children.Why didn’t she finish her education before having another implant?
I have nothing against welfare for those
who really need it,bUT I think this woman is nuts!! As for the lady who said
that her grndparents came from large families;many of the families in the 1900’s did,but everyone pulled their own weight too and did not expect handouts!! I love my two children and
wish I could have had many more,but I had enough brains to know we could not
afford to feed,educate and clothe a house full of children.If loving them
was all they needed we would have had one every nine months.If you need help
then you should have the father and the
doctor who was crazy enough to implant
all those embroys in you to pay your bills not the taxpayers who can bearly
afford to care for their own families!!!!!!

nsc March 24, 2009, 1:21 AM

i think everyone should leave her alone.

mickey63493 March 24, 2009, 1:22 AM

Congrats America..your obsession with star f..ing has made a media star out of a “woman” who has done nothing besides become a human gumball machine. The fact that her driveway was full of people when she brought her poor kids home is a sad commentary on where America’s head is at….crammed directly up our @&%.

Anonymous March 24, 2009, 1:30 AM

It’s all about the money for this youn lady. Sh.e,s trying to become a star without the talent

Anonymous March 24, 2009, 1:36 AM

What about the women who are really born with medical conditions and are not able to have a child at all. Will any fertility Dr. help them to have just one child. While this women has 14 that she will never beable to totally care for

icarus March 24, 2009, 1:36 AM

Suleman has no hope of supporting anyone as a counselor, no matter how many hours a day she works. Who would go to HER for counseling??? No one!

Inconciderate March 24, 2009, 1:37 AM

She should be shot with spit balls!

Anonymous March 24, 2009, 1:41 AM

Big Shock…
What is her plans when the public moves on and she doesn’t have any more help? Even if she puts in the hours as a counselor to support her kids she would be neglecting them.

Kimba March 24, 2009, 1:50 AM

Gloria Allred has been nothing but negative and the source of inciting hate for OctoMoM. No wonder she got fired. I wouldn’t want her help either.

blktears March 24, 2009, 1:50 AM

I’m curious just exactly who does this nut job thinks she’s going to counsel? She wants to be a counselor, she can’t help herself and that remark ” I would have been forced to work I don’t know how many hrs a day as a counselor” Give me a break… I’m not normally the kind of person that cares what others do. I figure its your life knock yourself out but this person just rubs me the wrong way.