Octomom Admits Welfare Was Her Plan

Nadya Suleman finally admits that she would have been on welfare if Dr. Phil wouldn't have stepped in and helped.

Nadya Suleman

"Had I not been offered a couple of little opportunities to secure some resources for them, I would have been forced to get government assistance until I was completed with school," she tells RadarOnline.com. "And then I would have been forced to work I don't know how many hours a day to support them as a counselor."

In another twist, Radar also reports that Suleman has fired Angels in Waiting, the non-profit that was brought in by attorney Gloria Allred to assist in the care of the infants. We called Allred for comment, but have not heard back yet. Suleman's attorney Jeff Czech confirms teh firing, saying the relationship between Suleman and the nurses started off badly because Allred publicly filed a complaint against her with the Los Angeles County Department of Children's Services.

What do you think about her belated confession?

next: Lance Armstrong Injured in Bicycle Crash
tina March 24, 2009, 1:50 AM

What did Dr. Phil do for her? I know she was on his show but I didnt know if he paid her or what?

Anonymous March 24, 2009, 1:51 AM

I just want to know when Obama is going to create a new position in his cabinet for her. She’ll fit right in.

OnePointOfView March 24, 2009, 1:53 AM

I think the doctor should lose his license for doing the procedure in the first place without assuring she was stable mentally. She wanted a get rich quick sceam at the expense of 8 babies lives who will be forever scorched by the negative publicity of the unstable mother. I am in the process of adopting three special needs kids and I had to give up the life I once had to be able to tend to my kids needs. No one has offered to help me with anything I did not get offered a free home nor an income to tell my story. I have to make it with the little we have so I can be there for my kids doctor appts, surgeries and procedures. I am not out there hustling to see who will give me what. I could not use my kids to become famous or make a quick buck. I feel my kids are amazing happy kids even though they have so much to deal with and to find out this wench got artificially inseminated to have these babies when she already had 6 she could not care for. This doctor is just as crazy as she is and the fact that she is getting her way by everyone paying her. She needs to get dropped and her kids need to find a better home. I know there are more people like me who want the best for them and are willing to adopt them all. I know if I was given a house big enough I would take them myself but because I have to pay for everything I cannot afford a bigger house right now. Please someone save them.

Glo March 24, 2009, 1:57 AM

The County should have stepped in the moment she had those kids and put them all up for adoption. She had her 6 already and now it’s only time before we see what medical complications they will have in the future and the neglect that will happen when she decides she is stressed out and needs a break or gets mad once too many times

Anonymous March 24, 2009, 2:03 AM

Whatever happened to the 60 months max of 2 kids on WELFARE? I don’t want to pay to raise her kids. I’ve already raised mine, my niece & now my grandson. I don’t need to raise someones that wanted to have a litter. I can’t wait to see ALL the kids be taken away. I will be jumoing up & down with JOY.

sera March 24, 2009, 2:10 AM

the ***** disgusts me personally. poor kids, and we should not be helping her. we should take the children, all of them, and send her to the nuthouse. before she runs out of attention and goes all andrea yates on us.

kysherd March 24, 2009, 2:14 AM

I am not on welfare. I work and struggled to raise 3 children which turned out fine. All of you passing judgement should really read what you have written and hear how crappy you are. The only difference between here and others is that she had all eight at once. There are women who have many children that never intend to take care of them whether on welfare or not, I know I raise two from a mother like this. Just let it rest and let her try to at least be a good mother. Being a mother is hard without being in the spotlight. You should pray for her instead of judging.

Diane  March 24, 2009, 2:16 AM

I dont understand what the problem is , she decided to have these children and paid dearly for the procedure, Why does anyone feel they have the right to criticize her. What if she goes on welfare she wont be the first or the last. At least she is trying to handle it on her own. So if you go after her for getting some help to raise her family why aren’t you going after Jon and Kate plus 8 why because they are married, it shouldn’t matter what the situation its not the public’s business, Jon and Kate have what they have because of the donations from companies TV shows book deals, vacations, toys , clothes well not everything but alot that they wouldnt have had! but no one ever says what they are doing is wrong. I dont think either one of them is wrong they are doing what they have to raise their kids we are living in tough times but no one has the right to judge anyone else s decisions so she decided to have 14 children she had a plan maybe not a practical one she is the one that has to raise those children no matter what! So she shouldn’t be scrutinized in the public she seems like a loving mother and well some people that have kids never give their kids that much love and attention they seem happy and healthy and loved and that should be enough!

cyber March 24, 2009, 2:20 AM

I dont agree with what she has done either, this mom is the product of today’s society. Reality T.V. People seem to get off on other people’s misery. The people who reveal their problems on these shows and sell their lives on national t.v. should be the ones to blame. This mom saw on T.V. that she could make something of her life, probably watching john and kate plus 8 and dove straight into the reality hell that people get off on on a daily basis. If anybody is to blame it is it is the audiences of these shows that has created this monster, and will continue to create many more down the road.

Anonymous March 24, 2009, 2:44 AM

Not to get political but have you noticed that Obama the “Personal Responsibility” President and Schwarzennegger the Taxinator hasn’t said a word about OctoDrain??? Could it be because Obama realizes that OctoParasite is EXACTLY the kind of person who would benefit the most from his “health care reform” plan?

I wish that this story had broke during the election — perhaps things might have turned out differently.

Irrelevant March 24, 2009, 4:11 AM

Next is auctioning the babies off on eBay…btw: I HAD a husband with a phd, a great job, big house, and one child; I wanted another one more than life itself…. He told ME that he was doing all he could, he couldn’t give anymore time and he didn’t want another child to not get love from a totally devoted, loving parent . We broke up over his selfishness.I am devastated. do you understand why America hates octomom????

sonny March 24, 2009, 6:05 AM

Time wounds all heels… it’s just a matter of time…tick tock tick tock

Angela March 24, 2009, 11:43 AM

Diane that’s the problem she paid for the procedure while receiving welfare.Tell me how do you do that.You need food stamps for the 6 kids you can’t afford but the you can afford to go pay to have a procedure done to get * more.I think she should have to pay all the welfare money back.I don’t want to pay for her 6 kids she shouldn’t have had, much less for the eight she has now. If she can afford to have them implanted then she should be held responsible to pay for them to eat and live without our tax dollars,and no I have never been on welfare and that would be a last resort for my family and I.

Jon March 24, 2009, 11:48 AM

How dare you all attack America’s most beautiful mom. All of us in her time of need should donate money to her website. Her struggles are a testimony to the American Sprit. She gives me hope for the future and I can sleep better at night knowing that such a testimony to the enduring spirt of America exists.

Angela March 24, 2009, 12:43 PM

Jon are you seriuos?This is not a joke.

Sick of her March 24, 2009, 12:50 PM

This welfare queen purports to be employable as a counselor!? That’s the ultimate irony, as she continually demonstrates her ability to screw up her own life and the 14 other lives she created that are now dependent on the taxpayers.

Too bad sites like this keep giving her exactly what she wants: attention. Wonder how much attention she gives those poor babies, in between interviews and getting her nails done. Let’s hope the kids don’t all inherit their mother’s mental disabilities and personality defects. The kindest thing she could do, if she were truly concerned about their future, is put them all up for adoption, so they have a chance to grow up normal.

Angela March 24, 2009, 1:01 PM

This octo mom wants to be Jon and Kate plus eight,but she’s missing Jon. If she had Jon and could support herself maybe we’d all like her a little better.Jon and Kate are a great family Octo mom is not.

Momnow March 24, 2009, 1:43 PM

This is to “just me”: First of all there are people who go on welfare because their income is just not enough to make ends meet and there are people like Octomom, who intend to live off the taxpayers money so they dont have to work. I am one of the many who bust their butt each day and barely squeak by and are disgusted by her behavior…

On another note, I think she will get what is coming to her. She can’t possibly think she can fly under the CPS radar when she has already been reported. That may have been the first but it wont be the last and the earlier 911 calls about killing herself isnt helping her cause.

mermaid March 24, 2009, 2:22 PM

I am amazed that Nadya thinks that she will ever be able to finish her education. I am baffled that she thinks anyone will hire her as a counselor given her obvious lack of connection to reality. Even if she beats incredible odds, and gets a degree, and somehow manages to find a job…she will not make enough to pay daycare let alone living expenses for 14 children and herself.

This woman is so out of touch with reality it astounds me. Her latest comment “And then I would have been (notice the use of past tense here) forced to work I don’t know how many hours a day to support them as a counselor” is a clear indication she is deluded. Nadya, there are not enough hours in the day available for you to work sufficient hours to pay your and your children’s way.

There will not be any additional hours for you to actually be a mother to these children either.

theresa March 24, 2009, 2:26 PM

On the news I had seen Octomom getting off of her vehicle. One ofher children was outside unatended. With all those ppl outside.(strangers) All I heard Octomom say was” honey don’t play with the poperazzi..What in the heck was that child doing outside unatended with all those ppl outside.Hello! ever heard of kids getting kidnapped? In my oppinion Octomom need cps on her.