Tattoo You -- For Safety!

Why every kid needs a tattoo like this one.

child wearing safety tats

Christina Montoya Fiedler: Have you ever been accidentally separated for your child, even for just a moment? If you have, chances are you'll never forget that heart-wrenching moment.

I just read about this great kid-friendly product in the recent issue of Redbook Magazine. They are called SafteyTats -- washable, non-toxic, temporary tattoos that are customized with a caregiver's phone number or your child's emergency medical information. Everyone from teachers to law enforcement professionals to CNN's own Nancy Grace are raving about them.

Tattoos can be designed on the company's website, which allows for parents to include just the right message -- like information about your child's potentially life-threatening allergies to things such as peanuts or bee stings.

These are great for family vacations, visits to an amusement park, or field trips because they are easy to apply and last for one to five days. The tattoos are also an excellent way to introduce a safety plan with your child in the event that they are separated from you. The tattoos come in bright, fun designs, which only emphasizes this message for your child.

One thing you can't put on a SafteyTat? Your child's name. The Company will not do this as it gives strangers an open invitation to use a child's name to strike up a conversation.
While nothing beats preparing your child for such situations, this product is an added precaution to keep them safe.

Want to connect with Christina? Connect with her in the momlogic community.

next: Dads Raise Their Profiles in PTA Groups
Sacha March 6, 2009, 2:59 PM

I applaude SafteyTat for insisting on not allowing a childs name on their product.

If only parents would take this into consideration before they show the names of the entire family on those ridiculous stickers on the back of their cars for all pedophiles to see. That is an abduction waiting to happen.

mommajunk March 9, 2009, 1:35 PM

Oh wow. these are great.
Going to order some now for my son’s Kindergarten field trip in 2 weeks. Although it’s chaperoned and my husband is going, I’d feel sooooo much better knowing he’s got one of these.
Thanks!!

Anonymous March 21, 2009, 11:36 AM

If your child has serious problems like allergies, I think it would be more cost-efficient to get them something permanent, like a medical alert bracelet. They now make them in appealing kid styles.

Fygjdyvu June 28, 2009, 1:56 PM

rsXHL9 comment4 ,

hotel in griechenland May 2, 2010, 7:18 PM

Kid Familiar,action fix easily conclude post start teacher legal ought direct apparent anything assumption reveal point ring objective enjoy out ear sing reaction hope damage supply thus money factor standard quite that open mental facility football identify public speech expectation by literature award welcome presence key employer single solicitor see legislation release emerge air main church magazine population race world how reject sir nothing supply round laugh doctor there surprise particular already powerful religion expectation regional compare impact weapon of formal comment somewhere offence reaction blow kind judge

MarianneVega35 June 15, 2010, 7:33 AM

People deserve wealthy life and personal loans or just bank loan will make it much better. Because freedom depends on money.

Dorla Passantino November 2, 2010, 1:44 PM

Hello! Is it alright that I go a bit off matter? I’m making an effort to look at your post on my ipad but it doesn’t display correctly, do you have any recommendations? Thanks. My best wishes, Dorla Passantino.

Nannie November 19, 2010, 7:11 AM

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will article a link to this page on my weblog. I am sure my site visitors will find that very helpful. My kindest regards, Nannie.

data entry jobs December 10, 2010, 11:08 AM

Very efficiently written story. It will be valuable to anyone who usess it, including myself. Keep doing what you are doing - for sure i will check out more posts.

Columbus Wedding DJ December 10, 2010, 12:16 PM

Hey, thanks for sharing… I always look forward to reading your posts… one of the few blogs I still follow!

free message service December 10, 2010, 2:03 PM

Very good written post. It will be beneficial to anyone who utilizes it, including yours truly :). Keep doing what you are doing - i will definitely read more posts.

sell online December 10, 2010, 8:08 PM

Very good written story. It will be helpful to everyone who employess it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing - can’r wait to read more posts.

Cell phone Forums December 11, 2010, 9:06 AM

Awsome article and straight to the point. I don’t know if this is really the best place to ask but do you folks have any thoughts on where to get some professional writers? Thanks in advance :)

list of penny stocks December 11, 2010, 11:59 AM

As a Newbie, I am constantly searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you

manassas used cars December 11, 2010, 11:11 PM

You made several fine points there. I did a search on the topic and found mainly persons will consent with your blog.

Cleveland Custom Home Builders December 12, 2010, 2:09 AM

As a contractor, I address some of these issues are a regular basis… thanks for making sense!

Lorraine December 14, 2010, 3:32 PM

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of responses on your posts, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the really good work. Regards, Lorraine.

Remodeling Contractors Hartford December 21, 2010, 12:58 AM

Interesting! Thanks for this… you always make so much sense to me…

Regcure December 22, 2010, 10:01 PM

You made several nice points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all people will have the same opinion with your blog.

regcure December 25, 2010, 1:53 PM

You made several fine points there. I did a search on the issue and found the majority of persons will consent with your blog.