Student Suspended for Passing Gas on Bus

school_bus_270.jpg

Fox News: An eighth-grader was suspended from riding the school bus for three days after being accused of passing gas. The bus driver wrote on a misbehavior form that a 15-year-old teen passing gas on the bus Monday to make the other children laugh, creating a stench so bad that it was difficult to breathe. The bus driver handed the teen the suspension form the next day.

Polk County school officials said there's no rule against flatulence, but there are rules against causing a disturbance on the bus.

The teen said he wasn't the one passing gas.

Whether he did it or not, he might have gotten off easy. A 13-year-old student at a Stuart school was arrested in November after authorities said he broke wind in class.

Read more stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: Lots of Red Meat Increases Risk of Dying Young
Dorothy March 24, 2009, 10:33 AM

There isn’t a law against passing gas. I might be rude, but I don’t recall anyone ever being arrested and thrown into jail for flatulence! What is this world coming to and can this child’s parents sue the school sysytem?
The boy said it wasn’t he who was passing the gas. How can they prove if it was or was not. This is really stupid!

rugbymom March 24, 2009, 11:09 AM

What is this world coming to? Seriously? Get over it. It’s a fart. Its funny. these are kids. Quit being pussies.

Molly March 24, 2009, 11:11 AM

You have got to be kidding me! The insanity of it all! You know, these are the very reasons why (even though I hate the thought of it) creating your own personal compound and hiding your kids from the wacko’s of the world sounds more and more intriguing every day. So, we can now breastfeed in public but, not fart? Give me a break!

Sharon March 24, 2009, 11:34 AM

People are being helped naturally with flatulence and other digestive ills. Middle school and even high school boys are notorious for letting go where ithers are “captive.” I use Digestzen to quell episodes.

The Mother March 24, 2009, 12:31 PM

Zero tolerance has really gone too far. Passing gas is a biological function, over which most people have very little control. What was he supposed to do? Hold it in until he exploded? If it were my kid, I’d take the school district apart. Gheez.

Theresa March 24, 2009, 5:29 PM

OMG! getting suspended for farting? Since when is letting rip a crime. My gooodness.Isn’t there more important things for us as parents to worry about? Get over it, better out than in right? Shoot I tell my boys not to hold it in.Yeah sure it’s rude, an most likely would want to make some ppl gag. Every one does it. I don’t care if you’re a super star, or a nun.EVERYONE does it.Get over it.To the parents of the kid in question , get a lawyer.

Niurvjpn June 26, 2009, 1:02 AM

jikA7S comment6 ,

Ten Tees January 8, 2011, 6:41 PM

Great article. Nice and fun reading. I have got a small point to give about tee shirts.