The Baby Snuggie?!

In case you've missed out on the amusement of the Snuggie, we now introduce you to the Baby Snuggie!

Baby Snuggie

Thanks to its brilliant infomercial, the Snuggie has become a national obsession. They've been given as gag gifts, become the dress code for the "Snuggie Pub Crawl" -- and some people, surprisingly enough, claim to really dig them!

Now, it appears there's a new member of the Snuggie family -- the baby Snuggie! Actually, it's called the Peekaru, which we're assuming is a derivative of peekaboo, and it's a baby carrier-slash-vest. Just as the Snuggie has holes in the blanket for your hands, this one's got a hole for you little one's noggin! This $80 contraption looks like Baby Bjorn meets Snuggie meets the most ridiculous fleece ever.

Would you wear this? (Please say no ...)

Related Stories:

next: Sexist Soccer Scandal?
Amanda March 31, 2009, 10:31 PM

Oh my goodness.. how does the baby even get in there?
This is just wrong. Haha!
I mean, it doesn’t even have a cover for the baby’s face. If you need one of these, it’s too cold for that little face poking out.
Reminds me of the Alien movie! Nice April Fool’s joke if you’re sitting at the counter of a diner… :O)

Anonymous April 1, 2009, 6:23 PM

You are totally missing the point. This is for moms who wear their babies in a sling and don’t want to wrestle a loose blanket in the winter or smother their baby in a coat. I don’t really get all the jokes going around about this product. Don’t you have a better use for your time?

Angela April 2, 2009, 5:01 PM

I have one of these vests and love it! I wear my baby in a back carrier and her whole head sticks out of the back. It’s great when hiking and keeps her warm. This photo is the forward-facing position, and although not normally worn this way, I think it’s cute!

Sarah April 2, 2009, 11:41 PM

The neck hole is not nearly as tight as it looks. The baby’s head pokes all the way through & my little guy would always put one arm through as well. It’s great for cold weather to keep babies warm when you have them in a carrier (like the Bjorn). This picture definitely looks strange, tho!

Build Muscles April 3, 2009, 11:07 AM

When I look at that picture it reminds me of the Aliens movies. Great movie, but the baby Snuggie look ridiculous.

Chase April 3, 2009, 5:02 PM

that is the scariest thing i have ever seen in my life, i will have nightmares about that thing, guaranteed

Vanesa April 7, 2009, 9:56 AM

Good Luck trying to keep the baby in place for a long time!!!
My son gives me a hard enough time trying to hold him, let alone have him strappped in!!

Kathleen April 7, 2009, 9:58 AM

LOL, I actually have one of these, which I won in an online contest. I liked using it when carrying my son in the baby carrier during the cooler weather. It was much easier than trying to tuck a blanket over him, and coats were often too bulky for the carrier.

I doubt that I’d shell out the 80 bucks for one though.

connie newman April 7, 2009, 11:20 AM

i luv it,i wouldve used it.sigh.altho sleeves 4 the mom hello were important 2.liten up peeps its fun.

Whozat April 7, 2009, 3:06 PM

I wear my baby alot, especially if we’re out and about shopping and such.

She was born (4 weeks early and weighing under 5 pounds) in late October, and we live in a cold climate, so I’m always concerned that she’s warm enough going to and from the car, but not too hot in the store.

It’s not practical to wear a coat in the wrap, or to take one on/off of her once she’s situated in it, so I need something to go over her, or both of us.

I stumbled on a “sweater wrap” that worked well enough, because I could wrap the long sides over her and still wear my own coat over it (but not over her).

But, it’s not all that warm unless I held a blanket over her as well, so I rarely do more than just run to and from the car like that.

I think I would be much more likely to take her out for a walk or other, more extended outings, if I had something warmer like this.

(In fact, as I type - in early April - my partner is walking our dogs in snow flurries. If I owned a Peekaru, the baby and I would probably be out there with them, enjoying what is, otherwise, a beautiful day.)

It seems like the only criticism any of the commenters have about the Peekaru is its appearance; I don’t see one negative comment about its usefulness or practicality.

I really don’t understand that. It’s not supposed to be high fashion; it’s baby gear.

Maybe it’s just me, but if my kid and I are both warm and happy and the hell out of the house for once, I don’t care who thinks we look funny.

Also, I think the sleevelessness is a plus. Baby might need more coverage than mom, so she can be comfy without sleeves or, if she needs to, she can put her coat on as well.

Regina Kelbaugh April 7, 2009, 5:47 PM

CRAZY LOOKS REALLY WEIRD LOL!!!!!!!

Anonymous April 18, 2009, 1:05 AM

All I have to say is “Kuato”

Jessica April 21, 2009, 8:29 AM

That is SO WRONG!!! And so not logical— I know my son would not be smiling if he was stuck in that contraption! How much did they have to pay that poor child to smile?

Katie April 28, 2009, 3:45 PM

Heck you could even carry your doggy or cat in that thing instead of the baby! The possibilities are endless!!! How’s that for a mental image!?

Dara S May 4, 2009, 11:46 PM

hahaha! this is great!

Sara May 7, 2009, 7:33 AM

I’d hit it.

Rbybubjg June 26, 2009, 12:03 AM

CkNUdg comment6 ,

Ifvwhosa June 30, 2009, 9:41 AM

uWA4XN comment6 ,

ericsson July 14, 2009, 8:57 PM

It’s Copied!

The Baby Snuggie it’s copied by fashion designer hamansutra.

Denis August 3, 2009, 8:19 PM

But what if you have Twins ?