Trista Goes OFF on the Bachelor!

So what does "Bachelorette" Trista Sutter think about single dad Jason Mesnick's change of heart?

trista sutter on the bachelor results

Did you watch "The Bachelor" Monday night?? In case you missed it -- Bachelor Jason proposed to Melissa, only to DUMP her on national TV and tell Molly (the girl he dissed in the finale) that he loved HER instead! "Bachelorette" Trista Sutter weighs in on the most controversial "Bachelor" ever.

How do you feel about Jason right now?

Trista: How could you go from being engaged to someone to kissing someone else on the couch?! He doesn't deserve to walk away scot-free. I mean, what disappointed me as a mom is that he introduced both girls to Ty (Jason's son). Melissa was around, and now she's gone. What is Ty going to think?

What's your message for Melissa?

Trista: I've spoken with Melissa. How could anyone do this?! I texted her last night and said, "I'm proud of the way you handled it." She deserves so much better! Melissa hasn't been able to say anything about this until now, so I think she's relieved. I am happy she can finally move on. As far as I'm concerned, this is a blessing in disguise. Now she can find someone who truly loves her.

What are your thoughts on Molly?

Trista: How can you trust him? I wouldn't trust what he is saying to me. He is obviously fickle. He didn't want to fight for the relationship between he and Melissa. He gave up. If you have such strong feelings for someone, at least give it a chance before making such a big decision.

Some blogs are reporting this was set up by producers. Do you think last night was rigged?

Trista: I don't know what Jason's contract says, but I don't believe the producers could have manipulated the ending to this extent. I think Jason definitely had a choice in how he broke off the engagement -- either publicly or in private. Ryan and I don't think the producers could force him into something like that.

Have you ever seen a "Bachelor" cry so much?

Trista: I do feel for him. For me, I did not cry when I had to break it off with Charlie, because I was so excited for Ryan to come. I did not fall in love with two people, so I cannot speak to that. If that's the case, I'm sure it was difficult. But why put a ring on someone's finger if you're that torn? He took that away from Melissa. She only wanted to get engaged ONE time. He took that from her.

Do you think Melissa should be the next "Bachelorette"?

Trista: I can't comment on that, but I think America would embrace her after all she's been through.

People are insanely mad about what went down ... but some are DEFENDING Jason! What do you think? Is he a rat -- or just a man in love?  Check out momlogic's RAW AND UNEDITED interview with Bachelor Jason Mesnick -- only in the momlogic community!

see more photossee more photos
The BachelorTrista, Ryan and Max Through the Years

win trip to la newsletter momlogic community

next: Look Who is Due to Pop!
Melissa March 3, 2009, 12:36 PM

I couldn’t agree more with Trista. What Jason did was totally wrong and disgraceful to both women. I can’t believe that Molly is so desperate that she can’t see beyond the heartached that he caused to both the women.

cynthia March 3, 2009, 1:23 PM

i think that Jason made the right decision. Melissa wasn’t my pick. Plus, look at Deanna coming back after, she made the wrong choice. Why didn’t Trista comment on that one. Better late than never!!!!

Morning March 3, 2009, 1:24 PM

I was so disappointed in Jason last night. He really seemed psychotic to me. He uses the same pick up and break up line for these women “have no regrets!” How can anyone live without some regrets when others are hurt along the way? There might be something wrong with him if he really lives with “no regrets” he may have a personality disorder like narcissism or histrionic.

Sheila March 3, 2009, 1:26 PM

Trista, Could you let Melissa know that she has alot of support and prayers? I actually got sick to my stomach when I first found out from Reality Steve, but watching it last night was just as bad. I actually woke up in the middle of the night worrying about Melissa (even though I know this was filmed on 1/18). I’m so glad you are in contact with her—she needs all the friends she can get.

rena March 3, 2009, 1:30 PM

I’m really upset. Jason is a loser. He could have spared Melissa the heartache. He must have forgotten how it felt to be the one on the losing end. Why on national tv disgrace this lady? Jason deserves NO ONE. Molly is in for a big shock when he does the same thing to her. There was a reason he dumped her for Melissa. He is a jerk. He says he doesn’t want to live with regret. That’s a out for him it makes his decision sound better. He’s making excuses to crush someone. I feel sorry for his kid and his family. They are tired of him getting hurt then he totally devastates someone else. Hope you feel real good Jason LOSER.

Teresa March 3, 2009, 1:51 PM

The guy is a flake. Melissa is better off without him.

terri March 3, 2009, 1:53 PM

I think it was mostly set up. I think Jason is a jerk for hurting Melissa on live TV and for giving up on the relationship without any work becausse he couldn’t stop thinkin of “the one that got away.” He didn’t even get to go public with Jason. I would not have taken him back on national TV and certainly would not have kissed him!!!
Trista, please tell Molly she was THE best and we are all praying for her speedy recovery. She handled the situation with dignity and maturity!!!

Kennedy March 3, 2009, 1:57 PM

Trista, thank you for saying what you said. I hope that the producers would not let him humiliate Melissa like that on live tv. However I think Molly should not accept this from him. No one should be second choice. I really hope Molly sents a tone for young women out there. This is not acceptable for the way a women should be treated. Why Did Deanna come back?

Beth March 3, 2009, 2:16 PM

I think that Jason is not a very good person with character to treat Melissa the way he did and humiliate her on national TV. She deserves better. I’d tell Molly to RUN!!!!!!!

As far as Ty goes? He was just used to make Jason look better. Now we know why he’s REALLY divorced.

chicky March 3, 2009, 2:22 PM

I think the whole country will have a great laugh when Molly and Jason break up. It will be a welcome “in your face” moment. We probably won’t have to wait too long. With other couples, there was a sad regret. Now it will be a great source of laughter for the entire nation. Now Jason and Molly HAVE to stay together. No option now pal.Go Jillian as the next bachelorette!

McKenna March 3, 2009, 2:23 PM

I cannot express my saddness for Melissa - Jason asked Deanna when he got down on one knee “Why did you let me propose to you?” Well- after he said bye to Molly he knew he was not 100% committed to Melissa he NEVER should have proposed to Melissa- She will find happiness - I want her to go out with Jeremy from the Bachelorette (DeAnna)- he lives in Dallas, a Lawyer and I think they should get to know one another I think THEY would be great together- as for Molly HELLO!!! Fool me once shame on me- Fool me twice shame on you!! She really needs to think about Jason’s actions before she “Dates” him again………. Best of Luck Trista with the new baby on the way and with your family- Complete joy-

Renai March 3, 2009, 2:27 PM

I hate Jason now..
he seems like a bi polar wishy washy creep who dumped a really nice girl on national tv..who’s going to want to take any advice from him now?
he went from being the great single dad to the horny sleazy dude in less than thirty seconds.
eew.

Mary March 3, 2009, 2:30 PM

What this proves to me is that we should leave the finding our our soulmates up to fate and not a “reality” show. After all, we have seen most of the previous romances fail and even one where no one was chosen. How many guys date many women at once, all of them knowing about eachother, and narrow down their choice of brides to two the day before they propose. I think Jason would have been better off leaving it to chance. Now you have a girl with a broken heart and another one who may not be able to trust her proclaimed “soulmate”.

Natasha March 3, 2009, 2:31 PM

Nobody is critizing Deanna for coming back after she obviously made the wrong choice…she did the exact same thing except the breaking up on tv part. If you look at Melissa’s face when she first walks out, that isn’t a look of someone who’s totally excited to see her fiance…she had to have known, and I honestly don’t think Jason would have done something like that on tv if it wasn’t in his contract to do so. He even said on Jimmy Kimmel Live that it was in his contract to do so. Moly wasn’t considered second after he said he’d made a mistake, I could see how she’d be confused with the situation but she was still in love with him.

Shirley March 3, 2009, 2:37 PM

The show was disgusting. What will theysink to to get ratings? I believe that this was all planned and I do hope that that Melissa and Molly were not involved in this deception. Jason, you are a jerk and I can see why your first marriage broke up. Give and take, but all you wanted to do is Take. I will not watch this show again because I think that this was all planned ahead of time to keep the viewers guessing , Well, guess what, I won’t waste my time on this contrived soap opera again.

Camryn76 March 3, 2009, 2:42 PM

The whole concept of this show is dumb anyway. A bunch of women fighting for this man who throughout the course of the show feels them all up, claiming to love so many of them, etc. In all fairness, these women knew anything could happen..including humiliation…when they chose to do the show. What gets me is this time the Bachelor is a single dad..how the heck do you explain to your son why you are all up on all of these women?! Great parenting huh?

Kerngirl March 3, 2009, 2:51 PM

OH My Goodness…what a Terrible Show, I Can’t believe they let Jason do that! Not only to Melissa but also to there Show!!! For that I will NEVER watch it again :( What away to waste the Season of the “Bachelor”!!! And I’m also dying to know; Why was it that he was Left by his EX-“Wife” with Ty??!! I’m starting to think Jason is NOT right in the Head~ I mean come on!!! Both Girls wear great some liked Melissa more and others Molly more…But the Point is he shoulda went on “THE BIGGEST LOSER” instead of “THE BACHELOR”.someone must not of told him he was on the wrong show :) And that whole Deanna thing was Not right either!!! Maybe he shoulda stuck with Stef. at least she coulda thought him some MORALS on life!!! And Molly might Need to go get her Head checked out as well, because (SORRY to ALL that liked her) she is as just is Ignorant as Jason is!!! But most of ALL my Heart goes Out to Ty :( I hope that the little guy is okay after this Craziness is done & gone!!! And to Melissa if you need a friend get a hold of me we’ll go for a Girls Night Out!!! :) I AM SO SORRY THAT HAPPEND TO MELISSA!!! ~God’s Blessings~

Kerngirl March 3, 2009, 2:52 PM

Melissa March 3, 2009, 2:52 PM

First of all, I could care less what Trista thinks. Who is see to Jason, Melissa or Molly, um…no one. I see it as she wants to get a little more out of her 15 mins.

Second of all, Melissa knew going into the show that they were no longer together. I don’t blame her at all for being pissed off, but why be in a broken relationship just for the viewers.

I thank Jason for being honest on the show and not issuing a breakup story in People Magazine 2 weeks after the final show like ALL the other Bachelors.

Honestly, do you really think you can find the love of your life in 6 weeks, while dating 20 woman, and then get engaged. Real life and reality are 2 different worlds. Unfortunately after the show, Jason and Melissa’s real world didn’t mesh.

diana March 3, 2009, 3:00 PM

I honestly am very upset with the whole outcome of the show. I don’t understand how you can propose to someone and say you love them so much and then say there wasn’t any chemistry. The whole thing just doesn’t make any sense to me at all. I wish Melissa would explain things a little bit better so we can all understand how you can love someone one second and think about someone else. jason is wrong, and for all the people who are defending him you have no heart!