Trista Goes OFF on the Bachelor!

So what does "Bachelorette" Trista Sutter think about single dad Jason Mesnick's change of heart?

trista sutter on the bachelor results

Did you watch "The Bachelor" Monday night?? In case you missed it -- Bachelor Jason proposed to Melissa, only to DUMP her on national TV and tell Molly (the girl he dissed in the finale) that he loved HER instead! "Bachelorette" Trista Sutter weighs in on the most controversial "Bachelor" ever.

How do you feel about Jason right now?

Trista: How could you go from being engaged to someone to kissing someone else on the couch?! He doesn't deserve to walk away scot-free. I mean, what disappointed me as a mom is that he introduced both girls to Ty (Jason's son). Melissa was around, and now she's gone. What is Ty going to think?

What's your message for Melissa?

Trista: I've spoken with Melissa. How could anyone do this?! I texted her last night and said, "I'm proud of the way you handled it." She deserves so much better! Melissa hasn't been able to say anything about this until now, so I think she's relieved. I am happy she can finally move on. As far as I'm concerned, this is a blessing in disguise. Now she can find someone who truly loves her.

What are your thoughts on Molly?

Trista: How can you trust him? I wouldn't trust what he is saying to me. He is obviously fickle. He didn't want to fight for the relationship between he and Melissa. He gave up. If you have such strong feelings for someone, at least give it a chance before making such a big decision.

Some blogs are reporting this was set up by producers. Do you think last night was rigged?

Trista: I don't know what Jason's contract says, but I don't believe the producers could have manipulated the ending to this extent. I think Jason definitely had a choice in how he broke off the engagement -- either publicly or in private. Ryan and I don't think the producers could force him into something like that.

Have you ever seen a "Bachelor" cry so much?

Trista: I do feel for him. For me, I did not cry when I had to break it off with Charlie, because I was so excited for Ryan to come. I did not fall in love with two people, so I cannot speak to that. If that's the case, I'm sure it was difficult. But why put a ring on someone's finger if you're that torn? He took that away from Melissa. She only wanted to get engaged ONE time. He took that from her.

Do you think Melissa should be the next "Bachelorette"?

Trista: I can't comment on that, but I think America would embrace her after all she's been through.

People are insanely mad about what went down ... but some are DEFENDING Jason! What do you think? Is he a rat -- or just a man in love?  Check out momlogic's RAW AND UNEDITED interview with Bachelor Jason Mesnick -- only in the momlogic community!

see more photossee more photos
The BachelorTrista, Ryan and Max Through the Years

win trip to la newsletter momlogic community

next: Look Who is Due to Pop!
Lynne in AL March 4, 2009, 6:19 PM

Jason is a jerk but the producers of The Bachelorette manipulated the audience too. Think back. In the very early episodes, when all the gals were outside by the pool (I believe) they look up and see DeAnna. Well as the weeks progress, it then appears that DeAnna comes back the night of the final rose ceremony. Then, they edit again making you think Jason cries because of confusion when DeAnna returns when later the crying jag was supposed to be because of the rejection of Molly. I know a few preferred her, but I sure didn’t. Six weeks of high living and then settling back to a somewhat more normal existence and his thrill is gone. Oh my, again I’ll say it, what a jerk. Earlier on we got the impression that he had custody of his child. Finally at the end he says that he and the ex are friends. I guess we felt he was the wounded partner, but now I doubt it. Be careful Molly.

Been there, done that! March 4, 2009, 6:20 PM

I agree with the lot of you about Jason. God, he was such a nice guy and then BAM! What a loser he became. It showed such a lack of character on Jason’s part to do that on tv and I don’t care if the producers asked him to or not, he shouldn’t have done it. I don’t find being second choice flattering at all. Molly will have her hands full with this one. I know a guy like this and he is the most wonderful guy when he wants you, so easy to love but he is also very wishy washy with his feelings and can be a huge jerk and hurt you without a second thought. And yeah, he is bipolar.

laney March 4, 2009, 6:21 PM

I think Jason did what he thought was right.
Could he have handled it better? Absolutely!

I’m sick of Trista trying to extened her 5 min. of fame. Time’s up sweetheart. Live you live and move on already. We don’t care what you think :)

Lodendal March 4, 2009, 6:22 PM

I donit believe this guy is for real. He seems to profess his love and admiration to 50% of the women he is paired with. I think he is also a “Drama Queen” at the very least and probably is hoping for a TV or book deal out of this whole charade. The Show’s Producers struck GOLD when they signed this guy to a contract. He will probably get more air time out of this.

aj March 4, 2009, 6:22 PM

TRISTA, YOU ARE NOT A DR. STAY OUT OF OTHER PEOPLE’S BUSINESS. YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL LIFE. KEEP IT THAT WAY. YOU KNOW THAT MELISSA KNEW WHAT JASON WAS GOING TO DO ON THE SHOW. IT WAS NO SURPRISE TO HER AT ALL. IF MELISSA REALLY WANTED JASON SHE SHOULD HAVE HAD HER PARENTS MEET HIM. FAMILY AND FRIEND
ARE SO IMPORTANT TO JASON. THERE HAD TO BE SOMETHING WRONG IN HER FAMILY FOR THEM NOT WANTING TO MEET HIM. AFTER HE TOLD MOLLY SHE WAS NOT THE ONE HE KNEW ALMOST THAT SECOND HE MADE THE WRONG CHOICE. THE LOOK ON HIS FACE SAID IT ALL. LET THEM BE HAPPY WITH THEIR LIVES AND IF YOU WANT TO DRY MELISSA’S EYES DO IT ON YOUR TIME NOT ON OURS. I WISH THEM ALL THE HAPPINESS IN THE WORLD. JUST LIKE I WISHED YOU UNTIL NOW.
ENJOY YOUR LIFE AND LIVE IT EACH DAY. PEOPLE CAN BE HAPPY ONE DAY AND NOT THE NEXT. DON’T EVER FORGET THERE COULD ONE DAY BE A REALLY CUTE, YOUNG FIRE WOMEN IN YOUR TOWN. DON’T EVER SAY “OH NO THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN TO ME”. ENJOY YOUR LIFE AND STAY OUT OF OTHERS!!!!

Anonymous March 4, 2009, 6:22 PM

How can you expect much more when the whole time you are dating someone you are drinking and in a fantasy land.

Meatball March 4, 2009, 6:22 PM

Okay, first things first, you people don’t really believe that this show is all that it is cracked up to be, do you? This show is so rigged and rightfully so! It sucks in all the naive idiots like yourselves who actually believe this happened! OMG, I can’t believe these posts! Talk about preying on the minds of the ignorant all in the name of ratings. LMAO

pam March 4, 2009, 6:23 PM

Get a life everyone. So he made a mistake. He loves Molly.

ceil  March 4, 2009, 6:24 PM

Jason belong with Deanna That’s all have to say

Nancy March 4, 2009, 6:24 PM

You cannot talk, unless you’ve walked a mile in Jason’s shoes. None of us know what it is like to be on a show like that. He thought at the time he was doing the right thing. When the show was over, he realized he’d made a mistake. We all make mistakes, so how dare he be judged! Melissa has said, she has always been the “dumpee” not the “dumper.” Maybe she is a spoiled brat, or immature.He wasn’t able to meet her family. That could have been a huge factor.I can tell you from experience, I would never have married my husband, had I taken the time to know his family better. That was my fault and mistake. He acted, I think with as much dignity as one can in front of Millions of tv viewers. We have to realize, these people have a short time to know each other. He saw one Melissa during a small time frame, and he realized they were not right for each other. His heart was with someone else. Plain and simple. I’m shocked at how America is acting over this. I did’t realize there were so many Perfect People out there, who’ve never made mistakes, major ones. Thank God he broke it off now, not after they said “I do.”

Anonymous March 4, 2009, 6:24 PM

I personnaly don’t know how someone can make a choice between two people in one day. Was he given an option to wait another week so he could sort out what he was feeling. Probably not. Based on what Molly said he had one day. Then on top of that have Deanna come in and confuse him even more. My only complaint is that the break up shouldn’t have been in private - not national tv. I’m so sorry for Melissa and only hope this brings her positive opportunities. As for Jacob and Molly I wish you both happiness.

kym cornwell March 4, 2009, 6:25 PM

I was sickened by the way Jason treated Melissa, how could he get down on his knee and tell her what he did after having such a crying spree on the balcony. I think he is unstable and unfortanely he is a dad to a precious little boy that is a victim just like Melissa. I hoep Melissa finds someone worthy of her, Jason is a loser and needs to be single, he doesn’t deserve a woman that knows how to love and give love.

Anonymous March 4, 2009, 6:25 PM

Remember he love both woman, not all of us are in this situation, but people cancel wedding all the time. He realized he made a mistake and he decided to correct it before he went to the alter.. I liked Melissa but I never felt he had the connection with her like he did with Molly. I think he made the right choice.

Barbara March 4, 2009, 6:28 PM

If he wanted to break it off with Melissa fine, but he didnt have to ask Molly out 2 seconds later & then proceed to kiss her on national tv so Melissa would have to see it. Jason sucks!!!!!

glimmer March 4, 2009, 6:28 PM

Better now than a breakup or divorce later… but really, if he’s going to end up with one of them, it more likely to work out in the long run if someone is with a person they care more about.

Randy March 4, 2009, 6:32 PM

Have you ever changed your mind? Would you marry someone when you wanted to be with another? The whole program goes so fast, that they people don’t really know each other and then it’s on exotic dates in exotic places. Who’s to say they’ll feel the same when the return to a normal life?

Susan March 4, 2009, 6:33 PM

I think he’s a total jerk and for his sake I hope he can make it work with Molly because now every woman in America knows how he handles issues in his life ~ he runs away and looks for someone else to make them better.

No woman deserves to be humiliated in the way he did Melissa; she’ll have a hard time with this at first, then she’ll get her ‘Ah ha moment’ and realize she’s lucky she didn’t get even more vested in him.

I have to agree in that I think we’ll soon see Molly without him too. Unless, again, it’s cause this time he knows he may not get someone else due to his now sullied reputation.

Ladies, there are many very good men out there, don’t let this sour you on all of them.

Marian March 4, 2009, 6:33 PM

I don’t care what Jason said. If I were Molly and he humiliated me on national TV, I would tell him to get lost. I don’t care how she feels. How can she ever trust him. The guy is a jerk!!!!!

penny March 4, 2009, 6:33 PM

Jason finally showed his true colors. I so wanted to believe that he was a nice guy. He’s selfish and extremely immature. I don’t believe his union with Molly will last. My advice to her would be to run as fast as she can because her heart is the next one to be broken. It’s only a matter of time before Jason decides that he made another “mistake” and needs to “follow his heart” right into the arms of some other woman! LOSER!

Joan Henderson March 4, 2009, 6:34 PM

it happen to me 2 weeks before my huband was going to marrie someone else
he came back to me. we are now married 25 years as of 1/13/09 you just have to go with your heart