Trista Goes OFF on the Bachelor!

So what does "Bachelorette" Trista Sutter think about single dad Jason Mesnick's change of heart?

trista sutter on the bachelor results

Did you watch "The Bachelor" Monday night?? In case you missed it -- Bachelor Jason proposed to Melissa, only to DUMP her on national TV and tell Molly (the girl he dissed in the finale) that he loved HER instead! "Bachelorette" Trista Sutter weighs in on the most controversial "Bachelor" ever.

How do you feel about Jason right now?

Trista: How could you go from being engaged to someone to kissing someone else on the couch?! He doesn't deserve to walk away scot-free. I mean, what disappointed me as a mom is that he introduced both girls to Ty (Jason's son). Melissa was around, and now she's gone. What is Ty going to think?

What's your message for Melissa?

Trista: I've spoken with Melissa. How could anyone do this?! I texted her last night and said, "I'm proud of the way you handled it." She deserves so much better! Melissa hasn't been able to say anything about this until now, so I think she's relieved. I am happy she can finally move on. As far as I'm concerned, this is a blessing in disguise. Now she can find someone who truly loves her.

What are your thoughts on Molly?

Trista: How can you trust him? I wouldn't trust what he is saying to me. He is obviously fickle. He didn't want to fight for the relationship between he and Melissa. He gave up. If you have such strong feelings for someone, at least give it a chance before making such a big decision.

Some blogs are reporting this was set up by producers. Do you think last night was rigged?

Trista: I don't know what Jason's contract says, but I don't believe the producers could have manipulated the ending to this extent. I think Jason definitely had a choice in how he broke off the engagement -- either publicly or in private. Ryan and I don't think the producers could force him into something like that.

Have you ever seen a "Bachelor" cry so much?

Trista: I do feel for him. For me, I did not cry when I had to break it off with Charlie, because I was so excited for Ryan to come. I did not fall in love with two people, so I cannot speak to that. If that's the case, I'm sure it was difficult. But why put a ring on someone's finger if you're that torn? He took that away from Melissa. She only wanted to get engaged ONE time. He took that from her.

Do you think Melissa should be the next "Bachelorette"?

Trista: I can't comment on that, but I think America would embrace her after all she's been through.

People are insanely mad about what went down ... but some are DEFENDING Jason! What do you think? Is he a rat -- or just a man in love?  Check out momlogic's RAW AND UNEDITED interview with Bachelor Jason Mesnick -- only in the momlogic community!

see more photossee more photos
The BachelorTrista, Ryan and Max Through the Years

win trip to la newsletter momlogic community

next: Look Who is Due to Pop!
debbie hynes March 3, 2009, 8:57 PM

I am so disappointed in Jason and very upset with the Producers to allow Jason to break up with Melissa on the air.. Not Classy at all and I don’t believe that Molly is going to take him back so easy…When things get bad she is going to be gone…You mark my words In the Long Run he is going to end up with Deanna….You wait & see..Jason is a “JERK”….Deb

Kris F March 3, 2009, 9:07 PM

Jason talked so much about Ty on the show, he picked Melissa the woman who actually was about Ty and Jason. When Molly wrote her book to Jason, no mentioning of Ty at all. Where is he fitting in? Jason is just wrapped up in the fasination of Molly, “those eyes” Jason is fake. Melissa you deserve better.

Becky March 3, 2009, 9:09 PM

I too had troubles going to sleep last night, my heart goes out to Melissa, I couldn’t stop thinking about it all night and how I just wanted to give her a big hug. Melissa has everything in the world going for her, she is so genuine, beautiful, loving…and her connection with Ty came so naturally and beautiful (while Molly’s connection with Ty appeared very lacking and stiff). Melissa deserves the best. I lost a TON (if not ALL) respect for Jason last night. To go from being engaged one minute to making out with another girl the next, it disgusts me. That guy has no class…I’m irritated that he would end it with Melissa publicly like he did. Jason is a looser and Melissa is lucky she’s not stuck with that guy the rest of her life. I just feel terrible that she’s having to go through this. Girlfriend, Prince Charming is awaiting you, Jason was not him!!!!!
Becky

ann March 3, 2009, 9:15 PM

I think the whole thing was a huge charade. Jason is a huge mistake for any woman. I think the one who suffers here is Ty. Jason deserves to be alone, schmuck. I will not watch the show again, what crass to end it on national television. (and of course, the producers loved it)

michigan March 3, 2009, 9:20 PM

I feel very sorry for Melissa but she is very beautiful and men will be waiting in line! As for Molly and Jason maybe they deserve each other- Has anyone asked the question as to why Molly and her last love broke up…from what I hear she was sleeping with her married boss and when it finally ended she was fired…so two pieces of scum make a good pair

Polk March 3, 2009, 9:20 PM

I feel so bad for poor Melissa. I hope she realizes that she is much better than Jason the Jerk. Honestly, I don’t what he did was right . If that truly was his way of dealing with such a situation then I feel sorry for Ty, what kind of an example does his dad set? Horrible Television….

-shelly March 3, 2009, 9:25 PM

I would never comment on something like this but!!!! Jason your behavior is typical man… thinking that you missed out on something, thinking of your own feelings first… grow up! Melissa you deserve and will meet someone more deserving and on your level… Good luck!

Judy  March 3, 2009, 9:29 PM

I think he is so fickel and if I were Molly I would run… How do you know that he won’t go for Diana next….

jan March 3, 2009, 9:37 PM

c’mon you guys. Firstly this is a tv show, and the producers will do what they have to to get the ratings. We all are guilty of falling into their trap… we watched. Secondly, maybe he did fall in love with both girls, but after the show, reality set in, maybe for him, maybe for her, maybe for both. Maybe she turned out to be a slob, or she was mean to his kid, maybe they didn’t have chemistry in bed. Who are we to judge? We are not living their lives, and are not flies on the walls of their houses, bedrooms or livingrooms. Sure I was shocked, but Melissa knew what was going on. She came out NOT wearing the ring, and was quick to give it back. She knew what was going on. I am not sure about Molly, but I wish them luck. Why should Jason and Melissa have gone thru a long engagement when it wasn’t meant to be, that is why people divorce. They were smart enough not to prolong it if it was wrong, both for them and for Jason’s little boy. Do we know if they exposed all of this to Jason’s son? No, because we were not there. Give them a break. Are we all perfect? I think NOT. I am sure there were pressures that we can’t imagine. Deanna did the same thing, as did all the previous Bachelors and Bachelorettes, except maybe two couples. I say good luck and I hope that you are happy.

christa March 3, 2009, 9:46 PM

This show was ridiculous! I can’t believe I invested so many Monday nights watching this loser on tv. I think there is something seriously wrong with this man! I will watch the final rose ceremony show tonight, because I’m a sucker! How can you not now after watching the finale last night?

But what a joke! Never again!! I am no longer a fan of this stupid show.

K March 3, 2009, 9:55 PM

I AM NOT SURE THAT I AGREE WITH TRISTA THAT THE SHOW DIDN’T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS…ANYONE NOTICE CHRIS WHEN JASON WAS BREAKING UP WITH MELISSA. SHOULDN’T HE HAVE BEEN SUPPORTIVE? OR SOMETHING.. BUT I WON’T WATCH IT AGAIN BECAUSE THIS SUCKED!! ESPECIALLY WHEN I THINK OF THAT LITTLE BOY AND HOW IT EFFECTS HIM. MELISSA ABSOLUTELY HAD THE BETTER REPORE WITH HIM..HE EVEN GOT UP FROM HIS NAP LOOKING FOR HER! IF JASON WAS ALL THAT CONFUSED HE JUST SHOULDN’T HAVE PROPOSED..LIKE THE OTHER ON DID.. ALTHOUGH THAT WOULD BE A REPEAT ..RIGHT.. HAD TO COME UOP WITH SOMETHNG DIFFERENT. BEST OF LUCK TO MELISSA. MOLLY I HOPE SMARTENS UP AND DITCHES HIM BUT UNFORTUNETLY FOR ALL YOU MOLLY LOVERS SHE WAS A LITTLE SLEEZY, AND WAS TO BOSSY FOR SOMEONE WHO JUST GOT DUMPED…TELLING HIM HE MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE ETC. THEN MAKING OUT WITH HIM SHE’LL GET WHAT’S COMING TO HER! DONE WITH THAT SHOW…

maryann March 3, 2009, 10:13 PM

I can not understand how any concerned loving parent would allow their four year old child to meet two women, and entertain both women with his son. What confusion does that do to a child? As far as Jason is concerned he needs some mental evaluation for his instability and his own insecurities. He did Melissa a favor, but what a shallow person he is to do that on national tv. Advice for Molly-RUN, you have way to much going for yourself than to waste it on him

Lisa March 3, 2009, 10:25 PM

The problem with this show is that it is unrealistic. Life is great and everything is wonderful when you first start dating and have all that lust and excitement with the beginnings of a relationship. But then real life begins. I can’t wait until Molly has to deal with Jason’s ex-wife and son and all that goes with being a step-parent. Before you take the plunge you’d better read up on step parenting. Melissa you deserve better.

bert March 3, 2009, 10:37 PM

This will be the last time I watch this show. The show and Jason had ‘sleeze’ written all over it. If it was part of Jason’s contract, shame on Jason, if it wasn’t part of his contract, shame on Jason. I agree he went from ‘good guy’ ‘single dad’ to horn dog sleeze bag in a matter of minutes. Who could ever trust him again? His family was worried about ‘HIM’ getting hurt again? Momma needs to teach him how to treat a lady.

Anita March 3, 2009, 10:37 PM

Jason I think you are a loserand Molly I thought you would be smarter I would have told him to hit the road. What makes you think after awhile he won’t do the same to you. Melisa was a Sweetheart and was the better choice. In fact I think your words have done the damage you two do fit together. Melisa you deserve someone better. Truly I am discusted and don’t think I will watch the show again.

Anita March 3, 2009, 10:39 PM

Anabelle March 3, 2009, 10:46 PM

Simply put, he is a polygamist deep down. He picked the prettiest girl (he said it himself) and then discovered a few weeks later that may be wanted a shot at the second prettiest, given he was tired of the first. He is a typical man. What annoys me most about him is his “holier than though” persona. PLEASE. What a fake. What a complete loser. If he’d drop the good guy routine it wouldn’t be so bad.

Cheryl March 3, 2009, 10:53 PM

This was the first season that i’ve ever watched and it will be the last. Jason seems to be unstable. As soon as gullable Molly started to gush I was sick to my stomach and when she kissed him I had to turn it off….. what a slap in the face to all women.

ficus March 3, 2009, 10:57 PM

This ending (or beginning) is a true reflection of our society…impetuous and unwilling to be accountable for our actions. Good luck to all.

Lisa March 3, 2009, 11:02 PM

Trista Honestly do you thingk you are the right person to comment on this! You were on the show and done almost the same thing, you also lead on 2 men!!! I say kudos to Jason for following his heart and I would rather see Jason break her heart now and not let Ty get real close t her. Sorry but I was a single parent and I dated 2 men, which my son met both (I married the 2nd one) My son is a great kid,honor roll student and loves his step dad and doen’t even remember the other guy (my son was TY age)