It's a Girl for Trista and Ryan

They welcomed their new arrival this afternoon.

Trista and Ryan Sutter

First, we took you inside Trista's shower ... and now their baby has arrived!

Trista gave birth to little Blakesley Grace Sutter at 1:23 PM today in Colorado, where they live. "She's healthy. Everything is really good," Trista tells Life & Style. The newest member of the Sutter family arrived by Caesarean section weighing 6 pounds, 2 ounces and measuring 19 inches long.

Trista and Ryan Sutter wed in 2003 after meeting on the debut edition of ABC's "The Bachelorette" the year before. They welcomed their son, Max, on July 26, 2007.

For more about Trista and Ryan's new baby, check out the new issue of Life & Style, on newsstands April 8.

Congrats, Trista!

next: We Broke Our Baby!
PhoenixLaughs April 3, 2009, 8:15 PM

Blakesley? That’s horrid.

Mimi Lenox April 3, 2009, 9:42 PM

Congratulations!

Sherri April 3, 2009, 11:49 PM

Ohhh how very exciting! Congrats =)

Jessie Preza April 4, 2009, 11:25 AM

Congratulations Trista and Ryan! I am so excited for you both…this is wonderful news—cute name, too. Can’t wait to see pictures. I am so happy for you.

Anonymous April 4, 2009, 5:20 PM

I HATE that name!

rachel April 5, 2009, 11:40 PM

as a new-ish mother to a baby girl whose name a lot of people dislike, but I love, I want to say congrats and bravo to Ryan and Trista for choosing a different name.

Why the nastiness people? It says a lot about YOU that you would attack a baby girl’s name with such vigor.

anonymous April 6, 2009, 12:16 PM

oh great, now we’ll have to hear about trista again on momlogic for a long time. No doubt momlogic will pay for more parties and gifts.

cassie April 6, 2009, 1:55 PM

that is an unusual name. are they going to call her grace? blakesley doesn’t trip naturally off the tongue, i can’t imagine calling that name a lot, do you think they’ll call her something for short or call her grace??

Jill P April 6, 2009, 4:11 PM

How does one go from giving birth to calling tabloids in less than two hours? Want publicity much?

Denise April 6, 2009, 5:57 PM

Jill, we are tired of hearing about your Trista problems. Find something else to do with your time woman.

Jill April 6, 2009, 6:17 PM

Wow, Denise… When I had an issue about her baby shower, it wasn’t about Trista, herself. It was about the fact that $600 goodie bags could of been used in a more charitable way, that would boost sales for the companies involved and positively effect Trista’s PR image (instead of all of us knowing Trista from DWTS or the Bachelorette). Wouldn’t it be nice to know Trista as an ex-reality star and public do-gooder? That was my point. I left it at that, and if you notice, and only posted once to defend myself. I want to make it clear that I have nothing against Trista (I didn’t watch DWTS and Bachelorette). I just wish that if you are a celebrity, and we pay money to read articles about you- how about just giving back? It could be a public appearance a soup-kitchen or donating money to a kids cancer charity… I was just looking for some humility.

anon April 7, 2009, 8:54 AM

congratulations….now go away trista

dana April 7, 2009, 9:12 AM

there was something on tv that i saw about biggest celebrity hyprocties and trista was #1 and it showed her telling some guy that she was allergic to his pets, i think it was horses, and the announcer came on and said that what she’s saying is “because you dont have any money and you have a spine so I can’t control you by acting like a baby…what she ended up saying was ‘i’m allergic to horses so this wont work because of that”. and then when ryan came along and did everything she wanted him to do and let her control him….she said in her vows….” I love you so much that I’m willing to get allergy shots for your pets”..ridiculous

erica April 7, 2009, 11:12 AM

^^maybe that was a nicer way to say “I’m just not into you”. It’s not like she HAD to be attracted to every guy on that show. Think some people are still stuck in 2002 when Ryan was trying to win Trista in a very non-traditional way. They are making it in real life, so the whole controlling issue doesn’t even make sense. Ryan= introvert, Trista= extrovert. Probably why it works…
Anyway, congrats to the happy family. I love family names, very sweet.

anon April 7, 2009, 11:32 AM

Of course she wasn’t that into him, he wasn’t rich and he called her out on being shallow. In this case, the “extrovert” is controlling the “introvert” way too much, controlling your spouse at all is wrong. Trista is fake and shallow. Of course she seems happy all the time, that’s what loads of free gifts, trips, weddings etc would make anybody seem like.

erica April 7, 2009, 2:24 PM

Ryan wasn’t rich either

anon April 7, 2009, 2:29 PM

He wasn’t rich. He was just easy for her to control and get to do whatever she wanted. That made her overlook his poverty that he had plus his pets, even though the poverty and the pets were deal breakers for everyone else. like the guy that she said his apt was too small.

Karen April 7, 2009, 3:49 PM

This poor little girl will have to constantly tell people how to not only spell her name, but pronounce it! Why do parents do this to their kids? Seriously. it’s SO SILLY

stacie April 7, 2009, 3:55 PM

She didnt waste anytime doing the Life & Style magazine article huh? well, that’s trista again.

melissa April 7, 2009, 4:59 PM

I would respect trista more if she wasn’t so cocky. I read the divorce article she wrote, where she says “we are 100% happy and will never ever get divorced”. She speaks FOR everybody too much, it’s almost dellusional sounding how paranoid she is. I knew somebody like that once, and one day her husband divorced her, for his own reasons….because he was unhappy with her. No woman should contend to know exactly what it always going on in someone else’s head, esp when it’s their spouse. They shouldn’t speak for them and they should be realistic, that in life sometimes things we dont want do happen. Trista always sounds dellusional to me, like she’s absolutely convinced that nothing bad could possibly ever happen to her. It’s annoying.