Lawyer Arrested After Dumping Two Kids Out of Car

Associated Press: Usually, it's an empty threat: "If you kids don't stop fighting, I'm going to stop this car right now and leave you here!" But a mother from an upper-crust New York suburb went through with it, ordering her battling 10- and 12-year-old daughters out of her car in White Plains' business district and driving off, police said Tuesday.

frizhairmom270.jpg
Madlyn Primoff, 45, a partner in a Manhattan law firm, pleaded not guilty Monday to a charge of endangering a child. A temporary order of protection was issued, barring her from contact with the children, who were physically unharmed.

Primoff's lawyer, Vincent Briccetti, would not comment Tuesday on details of the case. But he said, "Madlyn is a great mother connected with a great family, and she is grateful for the outpouring of support from friends and family."

There wasn't much support from strangers, however. Mothers interviewed near the scene said they couldn't imagine doing what Primoff did, though some understood the urge.

Iris Gorodess, 49, of Mahopac, who has four children ranging from 10 to 19 years old, said she sympathized with Primoff's actions, right up to the point where she pulled away.

"I used to pull over and make the kids change seats. Also, I make sure the kids have their iPods and their games. And I have a minivan, so they're not up my neck all the time.

"But I can't see pulling away. That has to be too scary for the children."

White Plains police said Primoff ordered the arguing girls out of the car Sunday evening as they were driving home. She left them at Post Road and South Broadway, an area of shops and offices 3 miles from their home, then drove off, the police report said.

The report does not say whether the girls had cell phones.

Police would not say if Primoff ever returned to look for the girls, but they said, without explaining how, that the 12-year-old eventually caught up with the mother. The 10-year-old was found by a "Good Samaritan" on the street, upset and emotional about losing her mother, police said.

The girl gave police her mother's name and their address in well-to-do Scarsdale, and they asked Scarsdale police to check Primoff's $2 million house. Shortly afterward, Primoff called Scarsdale police from home to say the 10-year-old was missing, said Scarsdale Detective Lt. Bryant Clark.

He directed her to White Plains police headquarters, where she was arrested.

Dr. Richard Gersh, director of psychiatric services at the Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services in Manhattan, said Primoff's behavior was not appropriate.

"It is a traumatic situation for a child to be abandoned by a parent like that. You can imagine what emotional issues might arise," he said.

What's the most extreme punishment you have ever given your children? Tell us in the MOMLOGIC COMMUNITY!

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: Judge Orders Defendant's Mouth Taped Shut
buy valium December 1, 2010, 2:44 PM

Im happy I located this blog page, I couldnt obtain any knowledge on this subject before. I also operate a site and in case you are ever serious in doing some guest writing for me please feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my site. Please stop by and leave a comment sometime!

San Jamar Bottle Cap Catcher December 11, 2010, 12:50 AM

If at first you don’t succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

Cheap Electric Providers In Houston December 18, 2010, 1:00 AM

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it’s a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

dieta anului 2011 January 3, 2011, 4:58 PM

I was beeing after the Web for such information and just wanted to thank u for this post. BTW, just off topic, how can i get a copy of this theme? – 10x

Gilberto Clarkston January 7, 2011, 1:15 PM

Nice site. Thanks, I absolutely enjoy reading your post.

przebarwienia białystok  January 14, 2011, 3:15 AM

That is a brilliant idea!

dark red hair extensions January 15, 2011, 2:18 AM

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.

Genevive Buse January 19, 2011, 1:47 AM

Interesting information. Great post, great share.

Bass Wood Blinds January 19, 2011, 5:26 PM

Hey got nothing all that original this time, so all i am going to say that your website is cool, too bad that I can’t come up with something original Thanks once more for putting this online. I certainly loved every part of it.

Sasha Bady January 27, 2011, 1:27 AM

Nice site. I appreciate your effort, finally a decent website with good information in it.

comet laptops March 5, 2011, 2:37 PM

The next wind storm has grown into unstable. Today, aspects which might be never plagued by water experience this on a regular basis, despite the fact that temperatures is even worse. Having said that, you will want protection through the rain along with the cold really agitates that can come for it. In lieu of employing an large outdoor umbrella or even cover, which will look large, it is best to only just take into consideration using a bad weather cover.

comet laptops March 7, 2011, 5:54 AM

I truly value your work , Great post.

Herlinda Stroup March 17, 2011, 8:09 AM

I’d be inclined to be of the same mind with you on this. Which is not something I typically do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

fischers lovebird for sale 4 March 28, 2011, 8:46 AM

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them.

scrapebox forum March 29, 2011, 12:23 PM

There are a lot of strange comments on here.

backlink and dofollow list March 29, 2011, 1:57 PM

There are a lot of strange comments on here.

Brian E. Jernigan March 29, 2011, 5:15 PM

Effective

Daren Kotarski March 29, 2011, 7:33 PM

Hello.This post was extremely motivating, particularly because I was investigating for thoughts on this matter last Tuesday.

Stuart I. Gibbons March 31, 2011, 3:32 AM

Exciting

clusterdevils April 4, 2011, 1:00 AM

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something that I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!