Mom's Plea Includes 'Resurrection Clause'

CNN: A Maryland woman involved with a group described as a religious cult pleaded guilty in the starvation death of her son, but insisted that the charges be dropped when he is resurrected.

pleares270.jpg
The condition was made a part of Ria Ramkissoon's plea agreement, officials said. She entered the plea Monday in Baltimore, Maryland, to a first-degree felony count of child abuse resulting in death, her attorney, Steven Silverman, said Tuesday.

Ramkissoon, a member of a group called One Mind Ministries, believes Javon Thompson, her year-old son, will rise again, and as part of her plea agreement, authorities agreed to the clause.

"She certainly recognizes that her omissions caused the death of her son," Silverman said. "To this day, she believes it was God's will and he will be resurrected and this will all take care of itself. She realizes if she's wrong, then everyone has to take responsibility ... and if she's wrong, then she's a failure as a mother and the worst thing imaginable has happened. I don't think that, mentally, she's ready to accept that."

Under the plea agreement, Ramkissoon, 22, must testify against four other One Mind Ministries members who are also facing charges, including first-degree murder, in Javon's death. At her sentencing, set for August, she will receive a 20-year sentence, which will be suspended except for the time she has already served behind bars, Silverman said. She must also undergo deprogramming and psychiatric counseling.

Read more hot stories Moms Are Talking About.

next: 25-year-old Rows Across Atlantic Alone
N April 1, 2009, 10:47 AM

They need to spay this psycho

Deana April 1, 2009, 1:42 PM

I think she’s setting it up so she can be declared insane and not have to do time.

love my kidz April 1, 2009, 7:57 PM

my year old daughter will cry uncontrolably when she is hungry. how could any MOTHER ignore this. thank god reproducing is difficult in the prison.

L April 5, 2009, 5:30 PM

I AGREE WITH ‘N’ THAT SHE AND OTHERS LIKE HER WHO HURT THIER CHILDEREN SHOULD BE NUTERED AND THEN I THINK THEY SHOULD BE SHOT!!!!!! NO ONE HUMANOID HAS THE RIGHT TO HURT CHILDEREN!!!!!!!
‘L’

Golf Clubs September 21, 2010, 12:40 AM

In pertaining reports, a caddy discovered a golf golf ball on the finish in the fairway that he claimed belonged to Tiger Woods due to the fact it obtained a image of his mistress on it. When questioned about it, Tiger Woods appeared in the golf ball using the image and replied, “Yeah, I hit that.”

Fashion Design October 1, 2010, 4:46 AM

As a fellow professional from the fashion business, I found your website to be informative. I’ve organized numerous exhibitions in the Fashion Institute of Technology in my previous years and am presently operating using a discussion board for that sector. I am grateful to come across this post.