Nadya Suleman Heading for Reality TV?

nady_suleman_270.jpg

MSN: Nadya Suleman and her very large family are close to wrapping a deal for their own reality show, according to People.com.

The mother of 14 and her lawyer have been talking to various production companies about creating a show that might provide a solid income with which she could care for the children, the Web site reports.

"There's some decisions for her to make over the next few days," attorney Jeffrey Czech tells People.com. "I think she's heard enough ... Like anyone else, she wants to be portrayed in a positive light and she feels she needs to do something to get her side out."

According to the report, producers have expressed interest in following some of the daily chores associated with Suleman's extraordinary home life, from holidays to dating to driving a car big enough to transport all 14 kids.

Seven of Suleman's octoplets have come home, but the smallest child, Jonah, still remains under observation in the hospital as he weighs just 4 lbs., 6 oz. While negotiations are reportedly progressing toward a possible deal in the next few weeks, filming would not begin until the babies have grown a bit older, according to People.com.

In February and March, Nielsen reported giant ratings spikes for the "Dateline," "Dr. Phil" and "Oprah" broadcasts that included segments about the so-called "Octo-mom" story.

next: Sunday School Teacher Arrested in Sandra Cantu Murder
Amber April 11, 2009, 5:07 PM

Oh please, can’t we just be rid of this train wreck? She doesn’t make anyone’s life a better place, including those 14 children.

anonymous April 11, 2009, 5:47 PM

Why should she be rewarded for making a series of bad judgements! Obviously she could have done better spending her money on psychiatrict care rather than artificial insemination.

chris April 11, 2009, 6:03 PM

This is one show that I will NEVER watch!

Linda April 11, 2009, 6:27 PM

I can’t stand this pig, she is the most greediest slob I have ever seen on TV. I watched as her brain damaged little bastard was hitting her and she just ignored him and let him smack her over and over. Teach your kids maners before you display them in public! Just 14 more animals to drag up in our disgustingly lazy society. They should put this woman to sleep and spare us all the horror of watching her grah her monsters before the TV cameras. I will not patronize any station or company that pays her for a TV show or commercials that feature her!

Richard April 11, 2009, 6:40 PM

Absolutely sick of hearing about this ignorant freek. Enough!!

Ed April 11, 2009, 6:47 PM

Wonder if she will pay back all the welfare money she has taken over the years. And I wonder what cut Dr. Phil will get from getting her hooked up with a tv show.

Jill April 11, 2009, 6:56 PM

I will not be washing this show. Anybody that does is rewarding this woman’s ignorance.

Jada April 11, 2009, 8:53 PM

I say give her the show. There is enough crap on TV as it is… she could use the money to feed all those children… and it’s America so watch it or not that’s your prerogative.

kim April 11, 2009, 9:05 PM

So Octo_idiot will have her own show? NOT IN MY HOUSE!!!! We shouldn’t have to look at this thing on tv. Count me out!!!

Jada April 11, 2009, 9:11 PM

Funny how judgmental you are Kim… I feel so sorry for you. What would Jesus have done? Would he have rejected her for her choices? I don’t think so. No in your house, yes that is your freedom, how wonderful that is. God Bless.

Chuck April 11, 2009, 10:54 PM

Way to go! I can’t wait till it comes on. Wish I could be on the show, I need a job!!!

David April 11, 2009, 10:58 PM

Oh, here we go…the religious fanatics have to put in their 2c worth (Jada)…what would Jesus have done?? I doubt very much he would have said it’s ok to have 8 more children when the woman clearly cannot deal with the 6 she already had. Oh, and don’t feel sorry for Kim for expressing her opinion, feel sorry for yourself for being so closed-minded and arrogantly righteous.

Anne April 11, 2009, 11:13 PM

Well, I won’t lie, I would watch at least one of the shows out of curiosity. I’ll bet a lot of other people will, too. I think the concept her trying to find a love interest is insane, though.

kim April 11, 2009, 11:16 PM

Jada, in all due respect to you, I think Jesus probably would be sad. Sad that precious gifts that children are will be exploited for selfish gain. He wants us to love children, not have them working from day one. That’s what I think He would say.

Mary April 11, 2009, 11:46 PM

I am just as rattled as anyone else is…However, the babies are here and Jesus wants them loved and taken care of. Let’s not be so judgemental!

MARY April 12, 2009, 12:43 AM

I FEAR THIS SAGA WILL NEVER END. JUST LET HER BE! RELIGION SHOULD NOT BE A PART OF THESE JUDGEMENT CALLS. MY ONLY CONCERNS ARE FOR ALL 14 CHILDREN. MOM NEEDS TO BE GIVEN THE BENEFIT OF DOUBT.I WISH THEM ALL HAPPINESS & HEALTH

Tanya Rose April 12, 2009, 12:46 AM

Well in my opinion, that woman needs psychiatric help, its the children I am sorry for, what I dont get is, so many people are suffering, homeless and starving and I didnt know that all you need to do is just have a bunch of kids all at once and you will be rich, this is ridiculous, this woman didnt bring this upon herself, she had some kids and the media choose to pay her for it, America has a warp way of thinking and all this woman had to do is make a spectacular of herself and she will be rich, its hard to believe what it takes to get these peoples attention, what this does is allow other lunatic like this woman to go do the same thing, and in the end its the children that will suffer, in this case they might not because they will have the money and all the negative that comes with that. its sick just hearing about her everyday.

Rosalie April 12, 2009, 2:54 AM

If this is what she has to do to earn money to raise those kids then she must do it. I will not say I wouldn’t watch it because out of curiousity I will check it out from time to time to watch those babies grow. Maybe she would be able to use Supernanny for help on raising that many kids. She should do this for the money and to better herself. She is in my prayers along with all of those little kids. I wish her well she has a lot of responsibility this job of hers doesn’t go away she is stuck with it until they grow up, and she won’t get public assistance forever some day she will be on her own. One thing though these people who hate her so much don’t have to watch the show, itsn’t it great to live in America we have that freedom. rosalie

vic April 12, 2009, 8:20 AM

well Rosalei or Nadya or whoever you are, you better not wait too long between checking it out because if it ever comes on it won’t be on long.
Just like watching a traffic accident, we slow down but don’ stay long and then move on to something more interesting than OctoNut.

nomorenadya April 12, 2009, 5:14 PM

Well isn’t that going to be just a wonderful environment for those poor children…
Once again, Nadya is choosing her quest for “celebrity” over her children’s best interest.