Non-Slutty Clothing for Your Teen -- Finally!

A clothing line that embraces what you and your tween BOTH want. Imagine that ...

Lindsay Lohan's on and off again girlfriend is DJ queen Samantha Ronson. Samantha's twin sister Charlotte Ronson is the newest it girl on the fashion scene. She had a very successful show at NY Fashion week, designed a line for Urban Outfitters and now she's launched her line to the masses by developing a collection for? (drumroll please) JC Penney. Check it out!  P.S.: All the items in the clothes are under $30. Wanna shop?

Charlotte Ronson for JC Penney Gallery
Click thumbnail to view larger

Related Galleries
Idaho Fans Say Cheerleaders Are Too Sexy27 Slutty Prom DressesMiley Cyrus Pics

next: Church Searched in Death of Calif. Girl
redmum April 8, 2009, 10:25 AM

The photographs don’t match the headline, the first one alone is seriously sexualised.

Jen Scanlon April 8, 2009, 11:03 AM

Redmum—you beat me to it! why does there have to be so much sexiness????? my daughter is 12 and it is impossible to find tween clothing that is appropriate. I may have to hang up handbags and make clothes for tweens!

Pamela April 8, 2009, 11:12 AM

Are you kidding me? I dont see any of the pictures as ‘sexualized’ are we looking at the same outfits? These are cute and cover just about everything. Maybe the way the model in the pictures is posing makes it look like that? I’d definitely buy my teen these clothes (if I had a teen)

Michael April 8, 2009, 1:59 PM

I think Old Navy has always had non-slutty and very reasonably priced clothes for teens. That’s where my youngest sister (15) shops, and that is where I will shop for my daughter when she is older.

redmum April 9, 2009, 6:28 AM

Pamela I am not talking about the clothes, I said very clearly photographs, which are sexualised. The first image alone epitomises my point that the post is about non-slutty clothes and they use photographs of a model giving a very ‘come hither’ look, which I find ironic.

Tamra April 14, 2009, 5:06 PM

I agree that the photos are sexualised but the clothing is modest. With most pieces of clothing, it depends on the person wearing it on whether or not it will be too sexy/revealing. I have a niece who can wear the exact same outfit as my daughter but she will make it more revealing then what my daughter will.
It’s not always the clothing but how a teenager/tween wears it.

Allison April 28, 2009, 12:42 PM

Hate it, Hate it, Hate it. Model is a size 0, skirts are too short, nothing matches and the pictures do nothing to show the fashion. Hate it.

FrustratedMom August 25, 2010, 5:04 AM

I agree that the photos, while not the clothes are still using the slutty look to sell the not so slutty clothes. This is the inherent problem for our teens, they feel they have to fit the “look” not just the clothes. They see the total package as this is what is being “sold”.

I also agree with the comment that while more modest than most (this is not saying a whole lot) the clothes are shown on once again a “look” of a size 0 (doesn’t that mean nothing there?) and a very tall young woman at the same time. It is still an unobtainable look for most girls who then feel forever lacking.