Times Are Tough, Moms -- Get Naked!

Radical Mommy: Right now, times are pretty tough. But if things got any worse, there is no doubt in my mind that I would get naked and shake my moneymaker for dollar bills ... or loose change (which is all I think my current bod would elicit) to support my family. Currently, I am lucky enough to have a job that I love. But should that ever come to an end, and if I couldn't get another job where I made enough money to support my family, I would march right into the nearest strip joint and beg for an audition. And I think all other moms should too.

kid looking at his mom in stripper clothes

I know that all you high-on-your-horse, holier-than-thou supermoms are judging me, but let me tell you something -- if you wouldn't strip down to make sure that your kids have a roof over their head and food in their tummies, then I am the one judging you. Bad mommies!

I'm not saying that you have to give lap dances in a dingy back room. But I am saying that if someone would hire you and you could make enough money to feed your kids and get back on your feet, then it is your responsibility as a mother to make friends with a pole. Anything else is bordering on negligent.

Now I know that by no means would this be the ideal job, but if you could make $300 a day and only have to work three or four days a week then I think it's a no-brainer.

As for not being a good role model -- I think that's bull****. I think that the mother who would do this as a last resort for her family is an absolute hero -- someone who should be commended, applauded and respected for doing whatever it takes to get by.

I was really curious to see how far other moms would go if they were in a financially dire situation, so I turned to the momlogic community and asked members to weigh in. Would they ever strip to support their family??

I was really surprised by what these women had to say. Many of the women who responded said that although it wouldn't be their first choice, they would do it for their family.

Mommy Dearest wrote: I'm blessed to be very creative, crafty, clever, resourceful, loaded with ingenuity, favored, blessed with a generous extended family and a mouth that works perfectly fine. Oh and did I say abundantly BLESSED! But if I ran out of all that and had no other options ... show me the pole.

Joan Olson wrote: Yep, I actually know a stripper and she works in a not so sleazy place where lap dances are not allowed -- she simply dances the pole (so to speak). She makes a fortune, only has to work a few nights a week, supports her family, has a nice home and car. Her kids want for nothing. They know she is a dancer -- but not a stripper (they are young) She used to work a "normal" job, but was laid off, which was just as well. She used to rely on daycare to raise her kids, now she raises them herself. She also used to be broke a lot and stressed -- now she is not. She does not go home with these men -- they go home to their wives LOL. She is just an entertainer who just happens to be naked. I would do it if I had the body for it.

Ethansi wrote: In a two-second response, yes I would, but if I really were to think about it, no. My sister-in-law did it for awhile and the money was great, but it took a toll on her emotionally and she isn't the same person I knew. It ruined her relationship and it ruined her self-worth.

If you want to read more about what other moms would do in this situation, check out momlogic's Would You Strip to Support Your Family? community discussion.

next: I.P. Freilie
B Sides And Rarities December 17, 2010, 10:06 AM

No one who cannot rejoice in the discovery of his own mistakes deserves to be called a scholar.

Merchant December 24, 2010, 1:41 PM

Hello from the fashion marketplace, I actually recognize the get the job done you’ve done in this report, it was a great read.

mermaid style wedding dresses January 14, 2011, 11:07 PM

Eccentricity is not, as dull people would have us believe, a form of madness. It is often a kind of innocent pride, and the man of genius and the aristocrat are frequently regarded as eccentrics because genius and aristocrat are entirely unafraid of and uninfluenced by the opinions and vagaries of the crowd.

summer haircuts 2011 men January 22, 2011, 2:02 AM

If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.

hellos January 22, 2011, 2:07 AM

Its not the cover that client staleness be completely agreed with communicator’s views roughly article. So this is what happened with me, anyways its a fortunate exertion, I revalue it. Thanks
linkwheels

blinds direct January 23, 2011, 6:19 PM

Well this type of information is truly worth searching for, great info for readers and positively demonstrates quality writing. Its cool to have these types of articles around to keep the information flow. Helping individuals who truly enjoy this, great work! Thanks once more for putting this up. I definitely liked every part of it.

Darcie Tobia January 25, 2011, 4:47 AM

Great ideas, many thanks for taking the time to throw it up

Jennefer Stobierski January 25, 2011, 11:50 AM

I don’t agree with it, thanks for making the effort to think of it

Tad Constantino January 25, 2011, 5:01 PM

Lovely ideas, thanks for taking the time to come up with it

Erasmo Arnold March 16, 2011, 12:26 PM

I’d come to concede with you here. Which is not something I typically do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to speak my mind!

nike air jordan March 24, 2011, 11:04 AM

this was a truly enjoyable read. i enjoyed it danged much!|Thanks on this article! However, I had a mess viewing this article in Safari 5. Fair wanted to give rise to that to your concentration! Thanks.

Air Jordan 5 March 25, 2011, 10:59 AM

Condign saying thanks settle upon not right-minded be enough, for the wonderful clarity in your writing.

Nike Air Max 2012 March 26, 2011, 4:21 PM

I palm off on you all permissible daylight, this site is absolutely nice I would at all times follow this site. Remedy me a lottery of timedata would be btained from this placement, or wish to. But I want you to be acquainted with that this site is in actuality good Thanks a lot representing the well-wishing of unmatched theme at hand this topic.

Allison O. Robbins March 31, 2011, 3:48 AM

Thanks

Nike Air Griffey Max March 31, 2011, 12:07 PM

Carefree to run out of methods that obviously occupation, perception again!

Jordan Fusion 12 April 2, 2011, 4:46 AM

Hello, I positively use reading your posts, acknowledgement you as a remedy for the great dispatch!

erotik April 2, 2011, 10:42 PM

Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely fantastic. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous website.

erotik video izle April 3, 2011, 3:26 PM

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

Air Jordan 14 April 5, 2011, 6:26 AM

The handwriting mode is exceptional and the fulfilled is relevant. Thanks in spite of the acumen you give the readers!

Air Jordan 17 April 7, 2011, 2:14 AM

The writing craze is superior and the fulfilled is relevant. Thanks in spite of the perspicaciousness you provide the readers!