Susan Boyle Dreamed a Dream

Leslie Adler: Seven-million plus viewers and I have viewed the YouTube video of Susan Boyle, a church volunteer from West Lothian, Scotland, singing "I Dreamed A Dream" on "Britain's Got Talent" and most of us have reported that it either gave us chills, made us cry or both.

woman wondering about susan boyle

She's 47, claims to have never been kissed and says she has never left the region in which she was born, and out of her mouth comes a treat, a stunning voice that in one second, one verse, erases all thoughts about what Susan Boyle looks like and makes you wonder who she really is.

What is in the soul of a woman whose voice can silence an audience of thousand with three bars? What is in the heart and mind of a woman that never pursued an avenue in which to share this talent? Don't ya wanna know?

I do.

What other unbelievable gifts are hidden behind less than beautiful exteriors, beneath unkempt hair, under "proverbial rocks?"

And why? Why did the audience automatically boo and sneer at Susan Boyle when she walked out on that stage just because of the way she looked?

"Britain's Got Talent" is the name of the show, right? Not Britain's Got Beauty ...

The judges themselves have admitted to feelings of guilt for judging this book by it's cover.

And I will tell you what else I want to know ...

In 47 years were there no "cheerleaders" in Susan Boyle's life? Did she not have a mother, sister or friend who ever heard her hum or sing in the shower or at church ... or strangers even, who heard her recording of "Cry Me A River" made ten years ago and now on YouTube as well...wasn't there anyone who said, "Susan, you have an unbelievably amazing voice ... you need to share this talent anywhere, anyway you can?!"

Besides yearning to hear her again and besides the anticipation I feel for her next May appearance in front of Simon Cowell and the others I feel a desire to look at myself and the people in my life and say, "Whaddya Got?"

'Cause it's obviously never too late to let the world know "You've Dreamed A Dream."

next: Gay Issues Websites Blocked at Schools
Maria April 20, 2009, 2:59 PM

Hi Friends,

I Find Absolutely FREE PlayBoy & Penthous

If I find something else I’ll inform you.

Best Regards,
Maria

Marge April 20, 2009, 3:01 PM

Fascinating viewpoint. What hidden talents do my friends have? I wonder….

Lori April 20, 2009, 3:14 PM

I am fascinated with Susan Boyle as well. I imagine if she had a cheerleader in her younger life we would have heard of her alot sooner.

Sarah-Jane April 20, 2009, 5:46 PM

She could have pursued an Opera career with no requirements for appearance, especially in Europe. Seems to me it’s just another ‘Reality Show Twist’ not completely based on reality. Perhaps we’ll find out later she studied for decades, or was a pro at one point.

Kara April 21, 2009, 8:04 AM

Sarah-Jane - jaded much? How hard it is to believe that because she wasn’t the prettiest girl in school people looked right through her. Probably lots of people heard her sing and you know what they thought: what a shame she isn’t as beautiful as her voice, she can never have a career singing.
And why?? Because EVERYONE is obsessed with physical beauty. And yet we see just how powerful her voice is, how compelling. And what does she really need physically anyway? Some plucking and brightening? WHY did it ever matter???

Anonymous April 21, 2009, 10:52 AM

she needs a makeover

T. R. Cosby April 23, 2009, 10:52 PM

ø„¸¨°º¤ø„…ø¤º° ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ GO! Susan !!¸„ø¤º°¨ copy and paste
¸„ø¤º°¨From Atlanta º¤ø„¸if you think
¸„ø¤º° LoveSusanBoyle dot com to u¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ Susan Boyle is the best !!!!!!!!!

El Classico December 8, 2009, 9:30 AM

Isn’t it nice to see & hear someone with such great talent who isn’t anorexic & hair-sprayed to the max, perfect teeth featured in a plastered on smile & half-naked on stage???? All those young ones are carbon copies of each other. Go Susie!!! We love ya!!!!

Rev. Sara Lee James December 8, 2009, 11:21 AM

..Susan has opened the crack in the door for the “overlooked-unoticed-unrespectables in talent World!!! It’s about time we brought on something NEW &
wonderful for a change. “..the bottom is\ on its way to the TOP!!!

Casino Online December 31, 2010, 11:44 PM

Bookmarked your website. Thanks so much for sharing. Definitely worth the time away from the books.

Casino Online January 1, 2011, 6:44 AM

I love just taking a break from my assignments and stopping by your site. I just wish you posted more frequently. Seriously Thank you

Panama Hotel January 2, 2011, 11:28 AM

I usually don’t ordinarily post on many another Blogs, yet Thank you very much… keep up the amazing work. Ok unfortunately its time to get to school.

Ten Tees January 8, 2011, 6:11 PM

Nice info. Enjoyable to read. There is a small point to submit about shirts.