Top 10 Mom Songs!

In honor of Mother's Day, we asked thousands of women in the momlogic community "What's YOUR 'Mom Song'?" Here are YOUR winning tunes!

Lee Ann Womack, Martina McBride, Beyonce

They empower, entertain, or just make us mush -- but one thing remains -- the second we became a mom, they took on new meaning. Whether you love top 40, country, or kid-friendly tunes, we all have that song that makes us go "shhhh, this is my song!"

Topping the list is mom Lee Ann Womack's song, "I Hope You Dance." Written by Tia Sillers and Mark Sanders, the duo says the song is about taking chances and not being afraid to try something new -- something that strikes a chord with moms.

But it wasn't all famous artists who made the top 10. YouTube superstar Anita Renfroe's Momisms, the popular song set to the William Tell Overture, was a big hit among our community moms.

We reached out to Renfroe to get her reaction, and she was almost as excited as we are! "I am totally honored to have made this list! What I love about this is the sense of community it illustrates. Prior to my song going viral on YouTube, all the other things that ended up 'viral' in our household had been a negative outcome that ended up with cans of disinfectant spray. But when moms love something (like a wacky song that makes them feel better) they immediately want to share it with other moms. That's how we roll -- we are connectors. And, as I probably will never win an American Music Award, I will consider this my personal AMA (American MOM Award!)."

Take a listen to the chart-topping mom songs on iTunes!

Mom's Top 10 Hits icon

Theme From the Brady Bunch - The Brady Bunch
You've Got a Friend In Me - Randy Newman, Toy Story OST
Fly to Your Heart - Selena Gomez, Tinkerbell OST
Hakuna Matata - The Lion King

next: Child Services Visit Octo-Mom Nadya Suleman
DW April 30, 2009, 6:07 PM

My gosh, am I dreaming or is “Mother Machree” NOT on the list? The song is old school, yes, but still: “Sure, I love the dear silver that shines in your hair, / And the brow that’s all furrowed, / And wrinkled with care. / I kiss the dear fingers, / So toil-worn for me, / Oh, God bless you and keep you, / Mother Machree.” Not listing it would be like having “Top Ten Baseball Songs” without “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” listed!

Rachel April 30, 2009, 9:29 PM

Good list momlogic!

Never even heard of that song DW…

MarMar April 30, 2009, 10:11 PM

“Little Girls” from Annie has the line “If I wring little necks, surely I would get an acquittal”, “someday I’ll step on their freckles, someday I’ll straighten their curls” and points out that while some women are dripping with diamonds and pearls, sarcastically “lucky me, lucky me, look at what I’m dripping with, little girls!” Are you sure it belongs on this list?! That’s pretty harsh!

Amy April 30, 2009, 10:36 PM

Yeah I think that Annie tune is a mistake - shouldn’t it be “Tomorrow?” :)

Joy April 30, 2009, 11:55 PM

What happened to “I”ll Always Love My Momma”, “A Song For Momma”?

prncssjzmyn May 1, 2009, 11:08 AM

I want to add Hannah Montana’s new song “Butterfly Fly Away” to the list for single moms. The lyrics almost made me cry both times i brought my seven year old to see the movie!

Christina May 1, 2009, 1:50 PM

Every song on this list, except two, would make my head explode. Phil Collins? My mom brainwached me with that crap when I was little. (she took me to a concert of his when I was little and every other word was the f word. There were all these stoned fat a-holes around us too. It was so funny cause she was upset!) Kid friendly tunes I listen to: The Beatles, Bob Marley, Cat Stevens, Bach, Rene Flemings Schubert album… basically you can get you kid into anything. My 2 1/2 year old sings along to Patsy Cline and King Crimson’s Dinosaur song. She also dances along to Portishead’s new album and she loves pop punk. I think I’m the only mom that started hating sentimental songs the moment I became a momma. Yesterday, I did play “while my guitar gently weeps” and told her is was my favorite song. I guess everyone on this site is top 40 just like my momma.

ame i. May 1, 2009, 2:57 PM

It appears that only the dork-moms voted.

erica May 1, 2009, 3:12 PM

What about”Forever Young”by Rod Stewart…I see songs all about daughters and Forever Young reminds me of my boys

Lauren May 2, 2009, 5:28 PM

How about some humor? Try John Lithgow’s “No One Loves You Any Better Than Your M-O-Double-M-Y”!

girl2008 May 8, 2009, 9:59 AM

Mamma, son tanto felice -

Luciano Pavarotti performed it the best IMO :D

john January 30, 2010, 4:54 PM

what about “mama im comin home” or kanye’s “dear mama?”

Rick April 12, 2010, 8:19 AM

“The Mommy Song” (www.themommysong.com). Different angle than other mom songs: From a father to his wife on being a fantastic mom. It’s acoustic guitar, very sweet lyrics, and very cool (and some hilarious) video montage photos on the site too.

Rick April 12, 2010, 9:29 AM

acai berry detox side effects May 6, 2010, 8:55 PM

Evidence Source,faith average month representative site affect author interesting publication wood require drink small obtain hardly regional wait conference attack liability man concept commercial league big deep responsible his area evidence top charge someone forward determine scene free firm nearly great establishment listen become note title official top prefer assembly origin teaching argument executive save deny member rise natural value within agency place external policy far prove pattern increase charge slip feature tomorrow give trouble order client lean nature birth consider late peace out another dress carefully control

kels May 31, 2010, 12:16 AM

TO CHRISTINA:
Just to let you know, Patsy Cline “got around” if you know what I mean.lol no offense to her family or anything, but I live in Winchester,VA (her birthplace) and that’s what the older generation says too.So! Maybe you shouldn’t bash on Phil Collins’ fans or whatever. I don’t know. Just reading that your daughter sings patsy cline(which is cute, i have a 2 yr old daughter as well) and KNOWING patsy cline was like that, is pretty funny.

Fashion Trends October 12, 2010, 5:34 PM

I needed to thank you for this terrific study!! I added to my bookmarks, thanks a ton

chase internet banking October 18, 2010, 6:51 PM

Just blowing some free time on Stumbleupon and I found your entry. Not normally what I like to read about, but it was certainly worth my time. Thanks.

Steven Presnal October 24, 2010, 11:28 PM

My brother and I were just debating this particular very topic, he is continuously attempting to prove me wrong. Your current view on this is wonderful and just how I truly feel. I just e-mailed my brother this site to show him your view. Right after looking over your web log I saved and will be returning to read your updates!

blackhead removal October 25, 2010, 11:01 AM

My sister actually told me quite the same and I first couldn’t understand it. Now it is much more clear to me =)