Warning to Ryan Seacrest's Girlfriend

UPDATE: Did you miss Ryan Seacrest and momlogic's Jackie LIVE on the radio? Listen to it in its entirety!

Jackie: My open letter to Ryan Seacrest's new love interest. Looking for the guy to love you unconditionally? He ain't it.

Ryan Seacrest

Dear Jasmine,

I see you're the latest gal pal of Ryan Seacrest. You both look very happy in the pics I saw of you canoodling in Paris. Good for you. You seem like a nice enough young lady so I'd like to provide you a little public service.

Run.

This morning, as I drove into work, I listened to your new boyfriend's show on KIIS FM. He was chatting with a married father of four who was revealing his struggles at home with his wife, sharing how she talks down to him and gets defensive when he questions whether she's cheating.

Not exactly a marriage I'd want to be in.

I don't think anyone listening would argue that the couple has serious marital problems and would benefit from some help. However, your perfectly coiffed man urged the emotional guy to get out -- plain and simple. "Life is short," he told him. He also said that while it may hurt in the beginning, it would be the best thing for him in the long run.

How the hell does he know that?

Your cuddle bear practically ignored the guy when he expressed his fear of leaving because he would miss his four kids being in his life day-in and day-out. But Ryan once again reminded him that happiness is the ultimate goal, not the commitment he made to keeping his family together.

I'm not sure your boy toy understands what happens when a couple -- parents of four children -- split. Does he realize that Dad sometimes gets left out of birthday celebrations? Or that he may end up sitting alone at his own child's graduation? He surely doesn't understand that his children could forever be scarred that he left them, not understanding why he would abandon them at the advice of a metrosexual TV and radio host.

Unless you know something we don't, and Ry-Ry is actually a licensed therapist.

I am certainly not saying the guy should stay with his wife if he's being verbally and emotionally abused. But what your boyfriend should know by now is that some people take celebrities a little too seriously, and their advice is like gospel to them. Marriage is not something to take lightly, something you throw away when it gets dark and difficult. While I agree we all deserve to be happy, sometimes putting in the work is what gets us there ... not running away.

Next time you look into your boyfriend's eyes, just remember ... when it gets hard, he'll be gone. You just might thank me later.

next: When Teen Girls Attack
melissa April 29, 2009, 4:34 PM

and THAT is EXACTLY why he is still single, making his way through life…one armpiece at a time!

anonymous April 29, 2009, 5:23 PM

I thought it was because he is gay. Another good reason for Jasmine to scoot!

HPFangirl71 April 29, 2009, 5:32 PM

Ryans not gay, hes metro which means hes in touch with his feminine side… Who are you guys to judge him just by his image and some stupid talk show, they may have a therapist tell Ryan what so say for all you know and it doesnt mean he would practice what he preaches either… leave the couple alone, they seem really happy!!

Oh Please April 29, 2009, 5:55 PM

Gimmie a break. You’re oversimplifying this and presuming you know things when you don’t, just like ol’ “Ry-Ry.”

I can’t believe I’m saying this because I’m not the biggest fan of Ryan, but it’s ridiculous to assume you know how he would act when the going gets tough. That is just as bad as him assuming he knew what would be best for the father that called into his show.

And on the subject of marriage/children… While it’s good to consider your commitment to marriage and give it a go to work things out, it’s also not good for anyone (adults or children) when parents to stay together in a relationship that clearly isn’t working or healthy. I would venture to guess that more often than not, this is the case. Way too many people stay in unhealthy marriages.

Setting aside the ultimate happiness of the parents, think about what the children are learning about relationships and what’s a normal and acceptable way to be treated, or treat someone. They can be just as scarred, if not more so, when they see one parent talking down or always questioning the integrity of the other one.

Regardless, a father (or mother) can have a healthy relationship with their children, even though they’re not married or living with the other parent. It’s not ideal, but it can be done.

Of course, way too many people don’t give this the proper amount of energy and commitment either.

Sam April 29, 2009, 6:00 PM

Ryan is gay. Believe me.

HenrysMom April 29, 2009, 6:07 PM

I have a suggestion. Listen to better morning radio! KTLK AM 1150 runs Stephanie Miller. Smarter. Funnier. And no Ryan Seacrest.

Lisa LeMone April 29, 2009, 7:00 PM

This is the reason I listen to satellite radio. Terrestrial radio is garbage.

Someone who knows April 30, 2009, 2:33 AM

I normally don’t comment on stuff like this, but this article actually made me really angry, so I had to voice my view on this. I have a very good friend who’s like a brother to me, who was in a loveless marriage. His ex-wife has a very aggressive, antagonistic, dominate personality. Needless to say she put him through absolute hell. He tried the staying married for the kids route - didn’t work. Because there was a no love and no peace between the parents there was no peace in the household. He finally divorced her and is much happier now. Yes, it’s not a perfect situation and there certainly have been battles over custody. But he does still see his kids. His children mean the world to him and he’s a very loving father. I don’t think he’d be the same guy today if he didn’t have those amazing kids. I completely agree with what Abbi said. If my friend could get out of his horrible marriage, still be there for his kids, and find happiness, then anyone can!

As for Ryan, I don’t see what was so horrible about his advice. He was giving his view. He’s not allowed to have an opinion? A lot of his show is based on him stating his opinions, aside from celebrity interviews and gossip. Ryan’s parents are still married and clearly Ryan is not married with kids himself, so he’s giving his point of view from his perspective what where he’s at in his life right now. Therefor his opinions may be different from someone with a different vantage point. As for Jasmine specifically, she’s a struggling actress in Hollywood. She may not have Ryan’s best interest at heart either. Don’t forget she may have motives of her own! Ryan’s been known to pick girls who are only interested in him for career reasons. That’s normally why things don’t work out for him. I believe he’s been hurt a lot more than he shows in his past. Jasmine might not be the right girl. But someone out there is. He won’t give up on her when times get tough because he’ll be aware of the precious gem he has, and she’ll love him for him whether he’d be hosting American Idol or bagging groceries at Ralphs.

Rachel April 30, 2009, 2:43 AM

Children would rather be FROM a broken home than LIVING in one….we all have our opinions and since Ryan has his OWN radio show, he gets to voice his. And since you blog on Momlogic, you get to voice yours. It doesn’t make either one of you right.

Tim April 30, 2009, 10:40 AM

The thing that strikes me about this is that you wrote a letter to his girlfriend, attacked Seacrest as a person, and by attacking his celebrity you are most likely trying to gain attention for your blog…
I did not hear the radio segment but if a woman called into a female radio host and said that her husband was verbally abusive towards her the radio host would tell him to get out, take the kids, and as much money as she could grab. They would also probably help her find an attorney to do it.
Whatever the issue this man needs out. He may not need out for good but he is beaten down and needs a break. Of course they should seek counseling but for now he needs to protect himself and not get beat up. He needs to stand up for himself and be strong. He needs to do it for his family. In every relationship their always need to be boundaries and he needs to set those.
Also, from my understanding of women, she feels trapped and wants out. She isn’t strong enough to ask for it and is probably scared of what is out there. The man needs to find out what is going on, protect his children from the toxic attitude of their mother, and protect everyone’s happiness.

Charlene Casey April 30, 2009, 10:50 AM

Seriously?! What makes you the ‘expert’? This man called into the show to share his story. He was amazingly brave to do that. Ryan told him exactly what a sane and normal person would say….to think more highly of himself and to get out of a situation that is verbally abusive — it is bad for the father and certainly for the kids. That is just common sense. Your take on it is absurd. And, when Ryan called you out on the radio a moment ago, you back pedaled and said you were just ‘joking’ —- oh? If you are so convicted about your opinion then you would have held your ground. I don’t know Ryan Seacrest, just what I read and hear in the press. He is entitled to his opinion as are you. It is absurd to tell someone to say somewhere that is unsafe - mentally or physically. It is equally absurd to think that staying in such a situation ‘for the kids’ is helpful! You are out of touch sister!

Sunshine April 30, 2009, 11:01 AM

Jackie,
Why do you automatically assume if the couple split up, the children go with the mother? If the wife wants to party then he should let her go and get her party on, he can keep the kids.
Marcos needs to be strong and move forward, his wife keeps him feeling bad about himself so he won’t leave her. She want’s to have her cake and eat it too! I have a couple of male family members going through the same thing and they have done just that(take the children).With the help of their mother they are able to happily raise the children in a good healthy enviornment, if the mother chooses not to be a part of their lives then she will have some explaining to do when the children grow up.
You don’t have to shoot Ryan down to make yourself feel better if your having a bad day.Why did you tell Ryan’s friend to run…you just said yourself that you don’t even know him. You sure left the segment with your tail under your legs, I’m glad the called you out on this, I bet you didn’tthink they would ever find your blog lol
Have a Wonderful Day!
Sunshine
Mother of 4, married 23 years

anonymous April 30, 2009, 11:02 AM

for jackie: if you are not happier within the 360 days of your life with your husband then you are the one that needs to find happiness and not looking on other people’s life like Ryan Seacrest. Before you say something to anybody out there, look at yourself first.

Anonymous April 30, 2009, 11:18 AM

that’s so gay

vanessa27  April 30, 2009, 11:20 AM

Why are you attacking Ryan I listen to him every morning and I love him he is true blue and he always tries to give the best advice possible. I think you took this way out of context. Who are you to criticize someone? when you are childish enough to write a letter to his former girlfriend. I think you should not judge him by his point of view because we are all allowed to have one. You should consider the facts first and before you talk down on him look at all his accomplishment. If he hasn’t settle down jet it might be due to the fact that he has a great career and he is waiting for the right moment in life when he could completely commit to his better half. I know Ryan is a perfectionist and just maybe he once to make sure that when he does have a family he is ready to be the best husband, father, and in-law just like he is the very best radio host. He is not gay.

- Not cool at all  April 30, 2009, 11:22 AM

jackie, are you for real?!?!?! who are you to pass judgement about ryan? if you think his opinions or comments is out of line (which i don’t think it is), so are yours! please don’t pass judgement on someone that you know absolutely nothing about.

Stephanie  April 30, 2009, 11:37 AM

For Jackie & Ryan seacrest

This morning I had kiss Fm on like always and a topic came up about this blog so I thought I would give my opinion. I think that You both have good points but my father was verbally abused for about 15 years of his marriage to my mother and in my opinion there is nothing worse than staying with that person. My mother and father were married for about 20 years and after she had her twins (My brother and sister) she became very abusive. Recently my father finaly got out of the relationship. I love my mother dearly but she did not relize and still does not realize how abusive she was to my father calling him names and putting him down all the time it made him feel so useless and he was very unhappy with his self. He could not afford to see a consoler or a therapist but maybe if he opened up and talked to someone, anyone would have gave him the advise to get out of this relationship. Unfortunatly it is a little to late because my brother and sister were raised with this there entire life and my little sister is now in a very unhealthy relationship and sees nothing wrong with it. It would be very smart to seek a therapist or a consoler but not everyone has insurance or the funds to pay for one. I think the advise of Ryan Seacreast was great wish my father would have left my mother years ago my childhood would have been much better.

jac April 30, 2009, 11:37 AM

Well I think you now should be thanking Ryan for putting your blog on the list. I am sure this will increase your hits! My opinion of your perception of Ryan is off and the sounds of your conversation w/ Ryan this morning, you may have some regrets of your attack on his personal life. Your focus should have been the guy calling in and not Ryan. There are always two sides to every story and in my opinion the guy that called in was pathetic. He needs to be a man and make a decision. You can ask any profesional and they will tell you that divorce is better for the kids than a bad marriage.

stevo April 30, 2009, 11:43 AM

Jackie,

What gives you the right to express your opinion, but yet you blast Ryan for doing the same. I am a hard working guy who has experienced this exact type marriage, so my advice would have been the same. I am happier now that I escaped from the abuse. Personally I think you are a secret admirer of Ryan and you realize he would never give you the time of day. In retrospect you write this outlandish blog hoping to get a spot on his morning show (which you accomplished). In essence (this is my opinion) I think you are jealous of Ryan and wish your husband or significant other (if you even have one) was at least one half of Ryan. He is the hardest working celebrity in the country and a guy who cares about his outward appearance which I call metrosexual (like me) and gay guys in the closet think it means he’s gay. Your man is probably (again a perception) out of shape, out of work (or in a lazy deadbeat career) and you wish he was like Ryan. If you like Ryan so much, just call into his show and tell him. You really don’t need to waste your time writing this rediculous blog. Now go ahead and blast me for my opinion. I am apathetic to your response.

Lisa C. April 30, 2009, 11:47 AM

Ryan gave this guy GREAT ADVICE!I grew up listening to my parents fight and argue. Nothing against My mom , I love her dearly but she was VERY VICIOUS and mean to my father . She was very possesive and wanted to be in charge at all times. It was like she had this wall put up in front of her at all times. My father gave my mom unconditional LOVE and anything her little heart wished to have…Well that was not the answer , and patience wasn’t the answer! Come to find out My mother “WAS” having an affair and I put all the pieces together and Wah…Lahhhh.. that was the reason Why she was the way she was.Her OWN INSECURITIES!!!! MIND YOU IM NOT SAYING ALL women that are this way are cheaters simply saying there is something behind the attitude and putdowns.It dosent just come out of the blue. I say this” If you let them treat you like that and continue to stick around for it then you must like it” everyone has a CHOICE” and when I say this I mean If you are an ADULT and have a job and some common sense and are totaly miserable in your relationship I SAY RUN FOREST RUN!!!! I too was in a very very verbally abusive relationship and it took me 3 years to run as fast as I could. I tried to make it work and waking up every day miserable and going to bed miserable was not the life I wanted for my kids or for myself. ! Getting a divorce is not a bad thing at all .Its the end of a chapter in your life and the begining of a new one!!! DONT WORRY YOUR KIDS WONT HATE YOU FOR IT!!!! They will thank you in the end for giving them a home with peace and quiet. A loving home where there not surronded by bad aura and negativity!!!!
LIVE YOUR LIVES IN PEACE AND HARMONY ITS GOOD FOR THE SOUL!!!!
Sincerly,