Warning to Ryan Seacrest's Girlfriend

UPDATE: Did you miss Ryan Seacrest and momlogic's Jackie LIVE on the radio? Listen to it in its entirety!

Jackie: My open letter to Ryan Seacrest's new love interest. Looking for the guy to love you unconditionally? He ain't it.

Ryan Seacrest

Dear Jasmine,

I see you're the latest gal pal of Ryan Seacrest. You both look very happy in the pics I saw of you canoodling in Paris. Good for you. You seem like a nice enough young lady so I'd like to provide you a little public service.

Run.

This morning, as I drove into work, I listened to your new boyfriend's show on KIIS FM. He was chatting with a married father of four who was revealing his struggles at home with his wife, sharing how she talks down to him and gets defensive when he questions whether she's cheating.

Not exactly a marriage I'd want to be in.

I don't think anyone listening would argue that the couple has serious marital problems and would benefit from some help. However, your perfectly coiffed man urged the emotional guy to get out -- plain and simple. "Life is short," he told him. He also said that while it may hurt in the beginning, it would be the best thing for him in the long run.

How the hell does he know that?

Your cuddle bear practically ignored the guy when he expressed his fear of leaving because he would miss his four kids being in his life day-in and day-out. But Ryan once again reminded him that happiness is the ultimate goal, not the commitment he made to keeping his family together.

I'm not sure your boy toy understands what happens when a couple -- parents of four children -- split. Does he realize that Dad sometimes gets left out of birthday celebrations? Or that he may end up sitting alone at his own child's graduation? He surely doesn't understand that his children could forever be scarred that he left them, not understanding why he would abandon them at the advice of a metrosexual TV and radio host.

Unless you know something we don't, and Ry-Ry is actually a licensed therapist.

I am certainly not saying the guy should stay with his wife if he's being verbally and emotionally abused. But what your boyfriend should know by now is that some people take celebrities a little too seriously, and their advice is like gospel to them. Marriage is not something to take lightly, something you throw away when it gets dark and difficult. While I agree we all deserve to be happy, sometimes putting in the work is what gets us there ... not running away.

Next time you look into your boyfriend's eyes, just remember ... when it gets hard, he'll be gone. You just might thank me later.

next: When Teen Girls Attack
Chino April 30, 2009, 12:01 PM

Jackie, you’re lame.

Anna April 30, 2009, 12:03 PM

Jackie, get a life!!! I understand this is your job, but dont assume, instigate, learn the facts than maybe you’ll be taken seriously!! Ryan, clearly stated that he was giving his point of view from his perspective, since he himself was not married, nor have any kids!! And for you to say that he is not a marriage material, nor make someone happy, how dare you!? Maybe you will like to get with him and cant, or maybe you envy the fact that people can call him and pour their emotions out on air!? I heard everything yesterday & this morning, and u are way off on what you think or feel about him!! Regarding Luis, it sounded like he has been wanting out but just needed a push!! It might hurt at first, but eventually its better. I grew up in a very loving family but my parents were always arguing (as an adult now, I wish they would’ve divorced, not ee or hear all that)! Im divorced, I was in an unhappy marriage, I didnt want my kids to go thru what I did, I broke that cicle!! My 3 girls are happy now, thats what makes me happy!! Divorce might not be the answer to all relationships, but from the “one side of the story” that we got, it was!!

A&J's Mommy  April 30, 2009, 12:22 PM

Jackie, I think you are way too judgemental. We all have our opinions, but to assume that Ryan would not be marriage material or even a great boyfriend without even “knowing” him, doesn’t make you a great person of advice. Let’s not forget that Marco was not forced to call the radio show. But maybe as his final resort. He probably listens to Ryan every morning & approves of the way he speaks to other listeners & helps everyone the best to his ability. I don’t think Ryan did anything wrong here. What I do think is that you attacked where it was unnecessary. “Rock on Ryan”!!

sonya April 30, 2009, 1:11 PM

Hmmm, where to begin?? My first question is what if the shoe was on the other foot and the wife was the one being verbally abused, would your suggestion still be the same? I think not! I think Ryan was suggesting the correct measures to take. Your suggesting that the husband should seek counseling is great, but what good could that do if his other half in not interested? It’s a marriage of two, getting help for one will not rectify the situation. He has 4 children that he will be obligated to for the rest of his life, and maybe what this wife is needing is a reality check. Good men are hard to find these days. Of course we’re just hearing his side but from the sounds of it, things are not getting better. My motto is, “You can do bad by your damnself” You need to look at all sides of the situation and do “your” part in trying to fix what you can. If your other half in not willing to meet you half way, what more is there to do, but to move on!!!

Lorraine April 30, 2009, 1:27 PM

Having an issue with ones advice does not warrant a personal attack on their personal life. That is simply unprofessional and catty. You admitted on air that you do not know him personally yet you took it upon yourself to bash him, assuming you know what he is like on a personal level and we all know what ASSuming does. You even admitted you should take your own advice and let the professionals stick to the advice giving. Whether he is gay or not, to the people who commented on that, has no barring on his ability or lack there of to give advice. That would be like a man saying, “Well what do you expect, she’s just a women.” as if your opinion does not matter because you are female. Ryan was asked for his opinion by a grown man who is capable of making his own choices. I feel you can disagree without the personal attacks, which would make it easier for people to hear your point of view. I heard Ryan’s response and I must say that would probably be most peoples response to the situation. I also agree with some of your points as well and there are two sides to every story and without sitting down in a private setting it is difficult to get the full story. I was a child of a parent who was in an abusive relationship and because that parent chose to stay in that relationship, I too was abused. Honestly that made me feel that my parent did not love me. I would have had more respect if my parent had gotten out, no matter how hard or how much our life style would have to change.

Jodi W April 30, 2009, 1:35 PM

Why are you hating on Ryan Seacrest? And what’s with the condescending tone? I mean the guy called in to get Ryan’s opinion and he got it. It’s not totally bad advice either. Just because your advice would have be different doesn’t mean you’re right. Seriously, lame.

gguz1 April 30, 2009, 2:04 PM

Ryan is overrated and cannot handle direct criticism. The poor momma’s boy is suffering from Napoleon Complex. Apparently, this Jackie person struck a cord and Ryan was not too happy about it—in fact, even though Ryan said, “I do not take things personally,” obviously, he did with Jackie; otherwise he would not have kept her on the air for two long segments! Truth hurts doesn’t it?

Mic April 30, 2009, 2:35 PM

I always listened to Ryan in the morning. He is brutally blunt and sometimes people don’t like to hear the truth. Ryan was merely giving his opinion and not professional advice. I understand how one may take the advice of a celebrity to heart and run with it, but I don’t think this man will do that because he has lived with the abuse. When he is ready to make a decision he will in his own time. Leaving a marriage is process in ones’ own mind based on their situation. No one has mentioned the “why” of the wife’s verbal abuse. Does she feel threatened because her husband works around other women? There may be a huge self esteem issue going on that needs to be addressed. If the husband loves his wife he should go to professional counseling as well and the wife. This should be done individually. If the wife doesn’t want to seek help then, the husband needs to make a decision at that point. Both Jackie and Ryan have valid points in their views. Everyone is entitled to their opinion! We live in a freedom of speech country!!!!

Mic

EVELYN April 30, 2009, 2:51 PM

For starters I am no one licensed to give any type of advise to anyone however among my friends I am the one they always seem to come to me for advise I am a single 24 year old girl no kids, but I am very experienced in the subject due to having to see this type of situations very so often. My opinion to all this is first of all no one is here to judge no one and the way you took off on judging Ryan’s personal life was abolutely wrong because if I do recall he said “I THINK” which does not mean go ahead he just simply gave his opinion which was what the guy had called for. 2 years ago I was in a relationship where everything was great we never had fights or anything. Now my boyfriend was going thru a divorce at the start of our relationship, we would have conversations in regards to it everytime his ex wife would give him hell about seeing his kids.. He would get very depress and I was always there for him. I loved this guy so much but I was willing to let him go for his happiness. Now when we came down to a very serious relationship as far as making plans for the future we sat down and had a very deep conversation. I told him that if somewhere in his heart he still had feelings for the mother of his kids, to go ahead and try to work things out with her for the sake of their own good not there children because if they were not going to be happy their kids weren’t either and making a sacrifice to loose what he had going good for himself was not worth it. And no I was not beign selfish the simple fact is that his children are not going to grow thanking him for the sacrifice he did for staying in a bad marriage….. I advised him to go to counseling with his wife before making any further desions just to see where their relationship as a couple would stand because as much as I loved this guy I could not continue planning a future unless I knew he was conviced that things with his ex wife were not going to work now or in the near future and neither his kids or me would suffer in the long run. Well he did not listen to me we broke up and went back with his wife for the sake of his kids giving up everything we had going, yes I was hurt but I wished him the best knowing that it was not going to work because him and his wife could not get along well. I lefted on a trip short after that lost contact with him completely until a few months or so I ran into him and as I told him things went really bad, very harsh divorce, fighting for the kids and what not, however he said he still loved this woman and he would give anything to keep the relationship. I once again told him now as a friend to go seek for professional marriage help, and to try to understand what are their differences and start from there and go foward if thing could not be settled wether its him or her it was best to stop fooling themselves and forget about their fears of being alone and moving on with their lives but have the kids in consideration and stop the fight and come to an agreement.. We’ve kept in touch since and he said everything is going well for him and his family they are taking it a day at a time but they understand each other and that makes me feel great. To know that my words has marked a great improvement in his relatioship. PEOPLES OPINIONS DO NOT ALWAYS HARM. SOMETIMES ITS FOR THE BEST OF THEM IF THEY HAD TRIED DIFFERENT WAYS TO STRAIGHTEN THINGS AND STILL NO ACCOMPLISHMENT HAS BEEN MADE THEN THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO MOVE ON….

Scooned April 30, 2009, 3:06 PM

Not everyone is as lucky as you Jackie to have a wonderful and supportive spouse. End of story.

Illona April 30, 2009, 3:12 PM

I feel the attack on ryan, and yes it was a slanderous attack, was uncalled for. the Man that called in asked for Ryan’s opinion on his sitiation and he got just what he asked for, Ryans opinion. I know that Jackie is entitled to her opinion as well but that is not what she gave and it was just sheer disrespectful to Ryan as a fellow human being because he is just that a human being, celebrity status or not. My advise would have been the same. Its what you do with that advise that counts.
~Just my opinion

illona April 30, 2009, 3:16 PM

Lorraine said:”Having an issue with ones advice does not warrant a personal attack on their personal life.” Very well said……. I couldn’t agree with you more.

~illona

Lauren April 30, 2009, 4:34 PM

Jackie,

I heard you on the radio this morning and wow. I am actually surprised you are writing on a parenting blog. I have an education in Child Development and Psychology and you obviously are not making the focus of your blog for the people this website is meant for. Shouldn’t you be writing towards moms instead of spending your hour bashing someone you don’t even know? I listen to Ryan every morning and he is hilarious and often tells people like it is because people can’t see the truth themselves. If this man is miserable it’s going to make his whole life miserable including his children. It’s best for the CHILDREN for him to be happy and for his wife to be happy and she obviously isn’t with him.
I thought this morning on the morning show you even came across really rude as well in this article. Unless you have grounds to write about someone you should really refrain from doing so.

kiki April 30, 2009, 6:56 PM

You actually think this is his girlfriend and not a photo op? Bwahahah!

kiki April 30, 2009, 7:01 PM

You actually think this is his girlfriend and not a photo op? Bwahahah! Lame.

maria April 30, 2009, 7:04 PM

YOU SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED TO BLOG ANYMORE.. YOU DONT EVEN MAKE SENSE. YOUR SO BORE YOU HAVE TO ATTACK RYAN.. THEY SHOULD FIRE YOU.

LINA April 30, 2009, 7:06 PM

YOU SHOULD BE FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E April 30, 2009, 7:44 PM

Jasmine should leave but not because of Ryan’s advice. She should leave because he doesn’t care enough about her to claim her. I found the way he spoke about her and re-worded your blog to omit boyfriend way more offensive then anything else that was said.

RP Mom April 30, 2009, 8:03 PM

Love this post!!! I could not agree more with you!!

K April 30, 2009, 9:38 PM

Why should he claim her? He’s not her boyfriend. Duh!