Warning to Ryan Seacrest's Girlfriend

UPDATE: Did you miss Ryan Seacrest and momlogic's Jackie LIVE on the radio? Listen to it in its entirety!

Jackie: My open letter to Ryan Seacrest's new love interest. Looking for the guy to love you unconditionally? He ain't it.

Ryan Seacrest

Dear Jasmine,

I see you're the latest gal pal of Ryan Seacrest. You both look very happy in the pics I saw of you canoodling in Paris. Good for you. You seem like a nice enough young lady so I'd like to provide you a little public service.

Run.

This morning, as I drove into work, I listened to your new boyfriend's show on KIIS FM. He was chatting with a married father of four who was revealing his struggles at home with his wife, sharing how she talks down to him and gets defensive when he questions whether she's cheating.

Not exactly a marriage I'd want to be in.

I don't think anyone listening would argue that the couple has serious marital problems and would benefit from some help. However, your perfectly coiffed man urged the emotional guy to get out -- plain and simple. "Life is short," he told him. He also said that while it may hurt in the beginning, it would be the best thing for him in the long run.

How the hell does he know that?

Your cuddle bear practically ignored the guy when he expressed his fear of leaving because he would miss his four kids being in his life day-in and day-out. But Ryan once again reminded him that happiness is the ultimate goal, not the commitment he made to keeping his family together.

I'm not sure your boy toy understands what happens when a couple -- parents of four children -- split. Does he realize that Dad sometimes gets left out of birthday celebrations? Or that he may end up sitting alone at his own child's graduation? He surely doesn't understand that his children could forever be scarred that he left them, not understanding why he would abandon them at the advice of a metrosexual TV and radio host.

Unless you know something we don't, and Ry-Ry is actually a licensed therapist.

I am certainly not saying the guy should stay with his wife if he's being verbally and emotionally abused. But what your boyfriend should know by now is that some people take celebrities a little too seriously, and their advice is like gospel to them. Marriage is not something to take lightly, something you throw away when it gets dark and difficult. While I agree we all deserve to be happy, sometimes putting in the work is what gets us there ... not running away.

Next time you look into your boyfriend's eyes, just remember ... when it gets hard, he'll be gone. You just might thank me later.

next: When Teen Girls Attack
Michelle May 1, 2009, 12:20 AM

This is the one question I have….Ryan stated that he really has no feelings when it comes to what people say about him in his professional life or personal life…obviously, that’s not the case otherwise Jackie would not have been broadcasted and on the air for almost 20 minutes chatting and taking callers. Ryan…if you are such a manly man, stop acting like a queen and get off your throne!!! BTW Jackie…love the RY RY!!!

Liz May 1, 2009, 1:19 AM

I agree that Jackie should be fired. I would have never come to this site until I heard Ryan. Now I will never return again. She was very rude and completely over stepped her bounds and she represents this site. I will make sure that at least ten people do not support your sponsors. It was an abuse of her position and as she said “You need to use your powers for good not evil” Practice what you preach. Did say before she should be fired.

The Cocktail Cafe May 1, 2009, 2:14 AM

Love Ryan and his show. I gotta say that when someone calls into a show, they are seeking the advice of the party intended and from what I heard, it didn’t sound like Ryan was offering him the easy way out.

BUT

It did sound like you were PISSED off to the point of contacting the lady friend? Oooohhhh

I don’t know how I feel about “single, non-married men” giving married men ANY advice or woman for that matter.

I can also understand your passion though. This was entertaining to say the least.

Didn’t know you were a paid blogger. Ryan just kept nailing you on that. We would have been arguing… like, “Ok Ryan, enough already with the ‘paid blogger’ thing. Don’t you get paid?”

this was insane.

Anonymous May 1, 2009, 8:28 AM

Why does Ryan even have a show? He has NO idea what it’s like to be married. He should of just said “This is not my field and I don’t feel comfortable answering such a sensitive question. This should be left to a professional” FYI, Hey Ryan you either have a girlfriend or you don’t, this isn’t middle school”

Shae May 1, 2009, 9:21 AM

Ryan has put his work in place of a relationship. Once he has accomplished his goals he will be a good husband and father. Hollywood is a horrible place to be in a relationship, hopefully hell come back to his Southern roots to find a wife.

Are Kennedy May 1, 2009, 10:10 AM

We all are entitled to OUR opinions, however, just as Jackie stated that Ryan is not a therapist, neither is she. She analyzed Ryan and provided advice to a woman (Jasmine) she does not know. Ryan is doing the public a service by listening and providing feedback. Will everything he say be perfect - No! But again, he is not portraying himself as a therapist and people don’t have to call for his opinion/feedback. Honestly, we all aren’t trained professionals in many areas that we decide to speak on. Based on what Jackie has written above I should run the other way when any of my married friends come to me with their problems because ,one, I am not married and, two, not a psychiatrist. There wouldn’t be much to talk about if we all couldn’t respond on topics we weren’t experts in. I think Ryan’s message to the caller touched a soft spot for Jackie because she is a mother and wife. I felt like she took it personal, as if Ryan was giving he r”incredible” husband the advice/feedback. I could go on forever but please be advised this is not an attack - just MY OPINION!

Are Kennedy (arekennedy@gmail.com)

Suzanne Eller May 1, 2009, 2:04 PM

Wow, Jackie. Some people have not been nice (some personal attacks), but this is a great discussion. I’m glad you look at the whole picture, including kids and working through the passionless or tougher aspects of marriage. It’s just too easy to say to someone, “get out” when you don’t know the whole story.

ewok May 4, 2009, 11:31 AM

Yeah, you might want to get a grip. Choosing not to be in a loveless, abusive relationship sounds fine to me. And if Ryan’s girlfriend treats him the way that guys wife treatted him, then he should dump her too! The same goes for anyone with or without kids. I can’t believe you would suggest someone stay with someone abusive….for the sake of the kids. That is a cop-out.
Women and men please leave your abusers and do not look back.
Some people who have been through anything really life threatening and horrible always have their holier-than thou opinions while staring through a crystal glass. How elitist of you!

Eptefxkg June 28, 2009, 10:03 AM

S23jkx comment4 ,

Idol July 13, 2009, 10:27 AM

Ryan is NOT a GAY U KNOW WHAT he is the Boyfriend of SIMON COWELL. They will get married soon.

Mike January 25, 2010, 4:21 PM

Ryan loves men and loves how they make love to him

Persuasive Speech Ideas For Students November 24, 2010, 11:54 PM

I’m astounded by people who want to ‘know’ the universe when it’s hard enough to find your way around Chinatown.

Cure Hemorrhoids November 28, 2010, 12:57 AM

Very helpful reading. Thank you, great share.

Ian Geres December 22, 2010, 5:00 AM

I suppose I will come back to you soon what a meaningfulnote !!!

Patti Magaldi January 4, 2011, 2:35 AM

I have looked for stuff of this caliber for the last several months.

Brandi Kuhlo January 11, 2011, 9:55 AM

At this point I could only guess it’s sub substantival note.

Trevor Benko January 11, 2011, 12:51 PM

Here is a rightful website with a few impressive ideas in one particular article.

Unlock iPhone 4G January 12, 2011, 12:00 PM

I saw something about that topic on TV last night. Nice post.

light sheer białystok  January 13, 2011, 10:03 PM

Your website is cool!!

Unlock iPhone 3G January 14, 2011, 1:58 AM

Please, keep up the good work and continue to post topics like this. I am really fan of your site.